Cochlear Nucleus 8

dunno if n8 / resound omnia has anything to do with my recent performance improvement

Bimodal with nucleus 8 and and resound omnia hearing aid… These number speak tor yourself!

5 years Post-Activation of CI: (today)
Right: 87%
Bimodal: 99%, +10 dB SNR: 83%

2 Likes

Impressive results.
Thanks for sharing.

WOW… Absolutely fantastic result for you…

Can you remember what your scores were with N7?

2 Likes

It was N7 and Oticon Dynamo

4 years Post-Activation of CI:
Right: 80%

Bimodal: 96%, +10 dB SNR: 63%

2 Likes

The new Resound Omnia and Cochlear N8 sure sound like they are helping you with understanding.

I haven’t tested bilaterally in a long time. I got a feeling it will be very close to 100%.

It sure appears that your new N8 and Omnia has definitely given you improvement. This is awesome news for you.

1 Like

Yeah, noise is the holy grail and man the noise test (SNR) was so easy that it took me by surprised, After the test, they increased the C and T electrical dynamic range. increasing it from 40 db to 80 db. (C takes a higher voltage and T takes a lower voltage)

3 Likes

I got my N8 today, so far I haven’t had much time to assess what I think of it. But I’m very disappointed in the fit of the processor, as it is smaller than the N7 I was hoping for a better fit on my small ear. Sadly it’s not a better fit at all for me, even with a small ear hook, it still flops around. To the extent I need to wear a hug fit with it just to keep it on my ear. :cry:

Congratulations on getting your new N8 processor. Sorry to hear it doesn’t fit better than your N7.

Which battery did you get?

The new coil wire may take a few days to get happy in its new position.

Keep us posted.

Raudrive they sent me home with the disposable batteries because the 2 compact batteries weren’t charged. I was told these batteries would last
10-12 hours with my mapping. Providing I don’t spend all day streaming or on the phone.
My kit contained a 6 cm & 8 cm coil. The 6 cm get left. As well as the remote as I’ve never used it. 2 disposable battery covers, I don’t use disposable batteries. The large snug fit got left. They couldn’t switch anything to correct sizes because the kit came from Sydney. I had to reorder correct sizes of all the bits that I wanted which is a bit of a pain. But those things are generally here today or tomorrow, they are sent by courier.

1 Like

you can use n7 battery as well

2 Likes

n8 compact batteries is having issues. I got one but it wasn’t working already… So i had to rma it…

ssa thank you for this info. :blush: My N7 (sand) & N8 (silver) are different colours. That won’t worry me though, I will use them also.

Can you take a photo of the silver N8 next to the sand N7? Thanks

Yes of course. The silver is a very, very pale grey in real life.

1 Like

Thanks for the picture.

Are you happy with the compact battery? I wonder if the standard battery would stay on your ear better.
The distance between the processor and ear piece seems to be very similar between the N7 and N8 or is it?

1 Like

Raudrive I did have the disposable module on and it still didn’t stay put. The N8 angle is smaller than the N7 angle though. I really haven’t had any spare time to sit and fiddle with the processor as yet. I will see what happens later today.

1 Like

Update on increased dynamic range of my map. It actually sound quite different and it gives voices a little more volume fidelity, not being cranked up to 100% compressed, music sound better due volume fidelity and not so compressed volume wise

2 Likes

@Deaf_piper

The silver looks almost white.

I like the look of it.

1 Like

@Zebras It does look almost white, it doesn’t have that stark white look though. On a a white background it looks a lot more grey than it actually is in real life. It blends in well with my silver grey hair colour.

2 Likes