Cochlear Nucleus 8

you can’t use old microphone cover or coil, different shape size connector and cover… n7 Battery works plus they give you 2 coils and 2 battery .

1 Like

Ordered the sand color

1 Like

Got my mapping and yes its a different mapping then what i had back in may of 2022 feels awesome the minute i put it on it felt so much more comfortable then the kanso 1 i didn’t feel any pull at all I have a #2 magnet same as my N5 but a 6 on the kanso using a soft pad and it still fell over if i moved too much and the N8 is so light I can’t even feel its on we got my phone paired was so easy and love now phone calls movies listening to songs you tube etc goes right into the processors i did that a few times with the kanso but had problems with the phone clip half the time it didnt work so i grew to hate it and never used it well this is a huge difference they have comes long ways since my N5 going to really love this this can’t wait to get my right one in January

2 Likes

I can already stream straight from my iPhone to my N7. Is the advantage of the BT in the N8 that I can also stream from my Mac, my TV, etc?

My understanding is the new Bluetooth 5.3 on the N8 will be low energy capable with an update.

To get the processor to wirelessly Bluetooth with TV’s, earbuds etc those items also have to be Bluetooth 5.3 which most are not. It will take time for all these devices to get on the same page of Bluetooth.

@ssa is way more up to speed on this stuff.
@MDB could also help.

1 Like

@bcarp Raudrive has it right. Once products are available with LE Audio, you should be able to stream from them. Auracast also has big potential.

1 Like

Correct look for Auracast/ bluetooth low energy audio marking on the box you buy your tv and mac. plus hearing aid manufacture may be making their own adapter for auracast like a tv streamer or a microphone… the possibility are completely endless with this tech!

Slightly OT… with Auracast on the horizon, do I need to bother installing a hearing loop in an auditorium that I’m renovating? My initial thought are yes because there are still many devices that will use heating loops for a long time coming. My experience is that hearing loops make it soooo much easier to hear than without them.

1 Like

I think so. The point where enough users have Auracast enabled devices for the tech to take over from hearing loops is a fair way off. I linked to a survey that addressed this. I think the ‘inflection point’ was five years away (from memory).

3 Likes

I ordered a small hook, it is tighter than a medium hook, i highly recommend a small hook if you like BTE hearing aid tightness and doesn’t fall off my ear as often as medium hook

3 Likes

The white y charger is very picky on what cable i am using… it will flash orange if the charger cable is subpar… I have a bunch of Chinese made micro usb cable. I like what they are doing to prevent damages to the charger., i went back and grabbed the cable i got from cochlear and it works fine…

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

We are looking for adult bilateral cochlear implant users with Cochlear Americas for research at the University of Illinois (either the Chicago or the Champaign-Urbana campus).
If you are out of state, you will be reimbursed for your travel, hotel, and transportation costs. The research will take about 3-4 days.

To participate, or if you have any questions, please DM me or contact Justin Aronoff, Ph.D., jaronoff@illinois.edu, or binauralhearinglab@gmail.com

All the best,

1 Like

Anything for bimodal users?

Got the new SCAN 2 FF program and pairing bimodal with omnia HA ! N8 / CSP 7 had a lot of problem saving the processor map because it required the noahlink wireless firmware to be updated and It was connected to the programming pod wired… weird right?!?

also, new processor required new map because some electrode was out of compliance

Here is the Nucleus smart app with SCAN 2 FF UI changes

1 Like

This automatic Forward Focus is N8 only, correct?
Or is it tieing the Omnia and N8 together in this new Forward Focus?

Electrode issues recognized by the app or N8?
Would this be part of the remote programming features?

Yes, correct.

N8 and Custom Sound Pro 7 connected by audiologist computer

My Ci clinic doesn’t do remote mapping/check…

I would say yes but don’t quote me on that.

1 Like

@ssa you have had your N8 for awhile now. What problems have you found, if any?

Reading on different forums here in Australia and on FB. N8 users are experiencing BT connectivity issues, it keeps dropping out… Audiologists are having problems connecting all the devises to iPhone…

Can you tell us what you have experienced please? I’ve ordered mine but our TGA hasn’t approved it as yet… if connectivity is an issue I might delay my order until the issue is fixed, because I can’t manage IT problems.

First: i don’t have iPhone, I only have an ASHA capable android phone and N8 have been good to me but I experience drop out when my resound Omnia also drops out connection wise, which tells me it is isolated to my phone in my pocket and my hands in the pocket and is blocking it because it is cold outside. it picks back up fast as well Much faster than n7

I can’t say from an iphone perspective because I don’t own one myself…

1 Like

I have had quite a few problems with the N8 in the almost 2 weeks I have had it. One problem has been a loud clicking noise which is solved when I turn it off and on again. Then yesterday the sound suddenly completely cut out. I don’t have Scan or forward focus on when this happened so I am unsure what caused it. The processors didn’t want to start streaming from the iPad when I turned bluetooth off on my iPhone but I managed to fix it by turning some settings off. Even with the issues I really like the upgrade to the N8’s from the N6’s.

1 Like

N8’s SCAN2 FF program is sometimes too aggressive at reducing background noises. My omnia is picking up people in the back but n8 side, it is quiet and only hear. what is in font of me… it is impressive to say the least and works so well…

4 Likes