Brand new Signia App

@carolo, have you tried the Signia Streamline TV? That might solve the issue you have with the Stylettos. My loss is not profound so they do the trick for me, for now, watching TV.

Iā€™ve had issues where the iPhone says the HAs are BT connected but one or the other HAs is showing as not connected on the myControl app. Sometimes it just fixes itself after time and other times I have to ā€œdockā€ the HA and then take it out to get it to work with the app, and sometimes that doesnā€™t work and I re-boot the phone. In all cases, I can still control the volume, just loose some of the app tools like the extra three environments and the logging on the graph.

I prefer my own sound system as it is, nice soundbar, subwoofer and close to surround sound I had before a move. But otoh, thanks for suggesting this.

Itā€™s now February 23, 2020. Those of us who have the somewhat newer Signia HA models and also use their app are approaching what feels to me like ā€œdoomsday.ā€ Even the myControl app which I love and have had little trouble with has been less reliable for a number of days. Usually when I first put my Stylettos in before fully getting up from the bed, they connect with Bluetooth and the app works perfectly. It used to remain that way all day. No such luck last few days. This weekend I took the time to try to resolve what did and didnā€™t work. Wanted as much of a ā€œshortcutā€ as I could come up with because this is taking way too much time that needs to be either productive or hopefully just relaxing!

Itā€™s come down to ā€œforget this device,ā€ delete app, reboot iPhone, download myControl from App Store, start from scratch. Thatā€™s with Stylettos. Then I do same routine with ChargeNGo 7X. The latter, of course, can only use the dumbed down app ā€œSignia.ā€

I know an older lady who has never used a cell phone or iPad, really none of the technology we take as a necessity. Two weeks or so ago she went to an audiologist sheā€™s used before, always used for her Siemens HA. He fitted her with new Signias that do have a lithium rechargeable battery but thereā€™s no app involved for controlling them. She plays a piano, plays in my ukulele group. I know she hears voices well, even in noisy background. She has no idea what I even meant when I asked ā€œwhich model.ā€ Her audiologist played music as one of the steps in programming new ones for her. Iā€™m confident she would recognize something was ā€œoffā€ or missing when she hears different types of music. She was fitted with new custom molds, but I am otherwise in the dark so far.

Iā€™ll likely switch back to 7NX from 7X, yet now with the myControl app dropping connection during the day even when I havenā€™t changed the program I shouldnā€™t switch HA models just to return to myControl app over Signia app. When these HA by Signia work the sound is amazing. Itā€™s literally life changing for me. When the apps malfunction, especially myControl and Stylettos itā€™s become tiresome. Iā€™ll keep the 7NX Stylettos but since I agree they technically weā€™re not designed for my level of hearing loss Iā€™m wondering if the more powerful should be an entirely different model or even another brand.

Seems as if I go from ecstatically thrilled with newfound hearing in such a wide range of situations to complete frustration on a daily basis. And yes, my devices have latest iOS. Another friend told me just yesterday sheā€™s getting new HA this week, actually from same provider I use. She didnā€™t know which model but she, too, will have something by Signia. This should prove interesting. I can tell she doesnā€™t have same amount of hearing loss as I do because she can manage pretty well without her current hearing aids and strikes me as perfect candidate for Stylettos since whatever sheā€™s ordered are Signia.

Signia seems to be phasing out or migrating myControl app because even when it seemed to be working as far as looking at the app itself while in Cafe mode that mode isnā€™t having same effect as it always had before. Iā€™m about to pick up my ukulele. Letā€™s see how that sounds tonight. I wear Stylettos for anything ukulele, playing alone or with a group. So far the 7X even programmed by dispenser canā€™t match a correct sound for this. My regular Monday ukulele group meets tomorrow. After a weekend of frustration I may need to take my ā€œretiredā€ 14 year old Phonaks just in case for backup.

2 Likes

Carolo, I have also noticed the MyControl app acting up. I have had to do the forget this device etc etc to connect again. Just acting strange. I thought maybe it was because they updated the version of the app but then remembered they want to phase out. I have earlier version of Signia (Pure 13) and can update w/ insurance later this year. I really like Signia but want the best hearing of speech and I understand Signia is right up there compared to other brands. I appreciate all you info and updates on your experience.

Iā€™ve gone so far as to delete myControl after doing a ā€œforget this deviceā€ and started from scratch. Seems to work for Stylettos once again when I do this. Before posting this response I checked to be sure app is still available for download, so Iā€™m assuming you might try that. Can you reach out to your audiologist or dispenser? I have an appointment with mine Friday this week.

If youā€™ve followed my various comments you will see Iā€™m also trialing 7X at suggestion of my dispenser. (Not to replace Stylettos but because I always need a backup on hand, especially since the Stylettos work for every occasion but no longer give me clear sound for TV. I think programming issue on that yet to be addressed.) I also trialed the 7NX and much prefer those to 7X because of the myControl app.

So as much as I like Signia HA, Iā€™ve reverted recently off and on to my 14 yr old Phonaks! Itā€™s due to the off and on instability/unreliability of the Signia app. Rarely no matter what I do I can not get Bluetoothed at all to 7X. For audiobooks Iā€™ve often used my Apple AirPods because they reliably just work well and with great natural sound. They always remain Bluetoothed while in use.

Itā€™s time for Signia to give end users and would be users more guidance on what will become of their myControl app. If itā€™s not asking too much of them, we need to know if all features/settings on myControl will be continued when all apps just become the same Signia app used for 7X.

Realize that when Apple issues certain updates (not all updates) to iOS for iPhone and iPad the myControl app will have to be updated by Signia to work. Iā€™m assuming one day it will not even be listed in App Store??? As Iā€™ve mentioned I have an older friend who used to wear Siemens HA, very recently purchased new Signia rechargeable aids. Sheā€™s never used a cell, iPad, or any tablet or computer. She has zero issues in many of the same exact situations Iā€™m in. She does not know which Signia model sheā€™s wearing, but I plan to find out. In todayā€™s world since itā€™s new surely it also has Bluetooth capability.

1 Like

Did you already delete myControl and download once more? Since Signia tech support had me do this Iā€™d go ahead with that step after also rebooting your cell and having done ā€œforget this device.ā€ Gets tiresome, yes. I also go the extra mile, returning Stylettos to charging case while taking those steps.

1 Like

@carolo and @Sequoia_Woman, I havenā€™t been on here much since I have been on the FB page mostly now. How are you both making out with the app? It seems to be more stable for me lately. I would say the past 3-4 weeks, I have had little issue and when I leave my phone on my desk and then return later, my HAs seem to re-connect much better than before. Of course working from home now, that is less of an issue. I donā€™t miss the commute, but I miss my office.

@carolo & @DLXLDY. Good morning. Sorry Carolo, just saw your post. Hi havenā€™t had any issues w/ myControl app. It is working as it should. I was talking to a new Audi and he said the new App Signia is a real headache. Any word on when they may discontinue it? I may try and contact to get info. DLXLDY, are you using new app?

@Sequoia_Woman, good morning! No, I deleted the new app after trying out all three, myControl, TouchControl, and the new Signia app and learning my confusion and issues were not isolated from @carolo on here. I had some issues mentioned above with disconnects and re-connects back in Feb. on the myControl app, but it has been very stable lately, to the point that I walked out of my home office this morning to answer the door and when I walked back in to the room, the BT connected to the HAs again on itā€™s own, unprompted (YAY). I hate when companies jam new software on you without properly testing it (I work in IT) and also taking away features that customers like (or worse, rely on). The last update of the app was in November 2019, but I see they updated the older, TouchControl app in December, so hopefully, there is no upcoming discontinuation.

Thanks! MyControl works so well. When watching TV through the streaming box works well. I receive a phone call during TV watching. Call goes to my hearing aids / then when I end call TV streaming resume. Seamlessly. :+1:t3: Iā€™m pleased how well it switches back and forth.
Question, I read in this thread that there is an automatic switch on box I think was stated , that allow HAs to automatically switch to TV. Are you aware of this? Iā€™m out of town so canā€™t check my box. This would be awesome if it is in the box, as now I open app and mine has a little red box icon I select and connects my HAs to box. I get a tone in my ears. Any info you have on this? How do you connect your Signiaā€™s to TV?

@Sequoia_Woman, I donā€™t have the TV box, although I have thought about buying it since I have the TV on so loud in the bedroom and my husband gets up for work at 2:00 or 3:00 AM so some nights I just shut it off. So, that has been my TV experience, with hearing aids in and no connection to TV (which works pretty well on the TV setting on the app since it changes the directionality) or just turn it up loudā€¦lol. I guess the box is next for me.

My HAs are Signia Pure 13BT. I do not think I have a TV program. The only ones I have are Universal, Noisy & Reverberate. When I asked my Audi, she told me thatā€™s it. No different programs. :roll_eyes:.

I guess she would know. I thought the 6 programs were standard. :woman_shrugging:

No that is the problem - I donā€™t think my Audi knows. :cry:

last week I picked up a pair of Pure 312X aids along with the Streamline Mic and Streamline TV from the VA. Downloaded the Signia app. As far as I know itā€™s working OK.

2 Likes

Hope it continues that way for you.

1 Like

There are 9 settings on the myControl app, and I have used, enjoyed each. I donā€™t need or want any way to connect directly to my TV so canā€™t comment on that. Itā€™s this myControl app that sold me on Signia HA to begin with, and the new ā€œnot improved but dumbed downā€ Signia app that makes me wish I hadnā€™t fallen for the latest ā€œXā€ model by Signia. The charging case is nice because it has a lid, but itā€™s the overall combination of hardware and software for the hearing aid itself that at least for me makes all the difference in my life, expands my world.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m really confused. Are these ā€˜settingsā€™ put into the MyControl app by your Audi.