Audiologists and always wear my hearing aids

That no music enjoyment strikes me as rather sad that something that was often the backdrop to our lives “EVERYBODYS working for the weekend”
“HOT TOWN summer in the city… go out and find a girl”
Both of those i enjoyed the undertone/message - combine the 2 songs makes me remember when i was younger and Working for the Weekend which was wat everything else revolved around. WEEKEND and Hot Summers made weekends idyllic or the expectation of idyllic working on my tan by the pool. Youth is wasted on the young and foolish, it was on me anyway.

And i no longer listen either, it has lost its magic, its GLOW. Getting old while also losing hearing sucks.

1 Like

I had the same atittude. Very stubborn and refused to wear them for 20 years. At school I used to be called into the head mistress office and told to put them in but I didn’t. Audiologist also came in and talked to me… nope, not wearing them, soz! Now sounds are is distorted… presumably because I have not had my auditory nerve stimulated for so long, my speech impediment is very bad (cannot pronounce high frequency words because I have not been able to hear them until now), I get hearing fatigue on a regular basis TRYING to understand all the sounds around me. All of that could have avoided had I worn them. Listen to your audiologist.

4 Likes

Good lesson!

I think that fatigue comes from understanding sound, and I’ve fixed it by turning up the volume using the buttons on my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90 hearing aids.

For me, listening is like watching wheel of fortune. I’m guessing the words. Except every letter is blank! And that’s why listening is such hard work.

I’ve made progress getting them set up. However, it’s taken a long time.

DaveL
Toronto

You should wear your hearing aids as much as possible regardless of the situation. But I have to admit that being retired and then covid, I have fallen into a similar situation. But I am also willing to admit that when I do put the aids in I’m not hearing as well as I used to and I know why. But I figure at my age, who cares and I’ll do whatever I want. PS. It’s not a huge leap from profound to deaf.

1 Like

With the steep hearing loss, suggest to trial BTE ultra power or super power hearing aids. When you hear some sound (loud or soft), then slowly get use to it. Trial it for 6 months and see what happen. If it works or helps, move along. Get the Audi to help.