Artone Bluetooth LoopSet

I don’t think the Dot has a T-coil.

I find that hard to believe. Most hearing aids come with a t-coil. If not, it can be added. Ask your audi about that.

I forgot to ask yesterday and she left town until Friday when I have a return appointment. There are other audis at another clinic if I have problems, but I didn’t want to bother them with such a small issue. I was hoping someone here would know. Is the T-coil added via programming? At some point I will have to do something for the phone even if it’s the Artone hard-wired loop.

jbobp - I copied this from another website:

A telecoil is a special circuit inside the hearing aid. It is simply a small coil of wire designed to pick up a magnetic signal. Telecoils can only fit in two styles of hearing aids: In-The-Ear and Behind-The-Ear aids. The smaller hearing aids are not large enough to fit the telecoil.

Here is the link if you would like to learn more about t-coils.

http://www.beyondhearingaids.com/Resource/ALDArticles/Telecoils.Htm

The part about smaller hearing aids not being large enough is no longer true. My Audeo IX’s have a t-coil and they are tiny.

Mike

I just had a look at the dot’s spec sheet and it seems it doesn’t have a t-coil. The audeo does have one, which is why it is slightly larger than the Oticon Delta (no t-coil) and relatively much larger than the dot. The reasoning behind this is that you would seldom need t-coil with a HF loss for which these were designed as phones mainly carry low frequency info (up to around 3,2Khz) which most users of these devices have little trouble with.

Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the info. I guess to go hands free I’ll need the Artone wired loop.

i just ordered and received my artone bluetooth from localbattery, and i would like to say not only is the artone an excellent, small, convenient, long-lasting, reasonably-priced device, but also that localbattery is a great vendor with excellent product knowledge and support.

if you’re comparing artone vs. eli for telecoil-only bluetooth operation, the artone easily wins. more details here;
http://www.etoengineering.com/artone_bluetooth_neckloop.htm

I went back to my HIS last week and had him adjust the gain on the t-coil program. He raised to full volume and said we could adjust down from there at my next weeks visit.

The volume is great now for hearing through the Artone with my Plantronics at work and my cell phone. However, everything else around me is loud and booming. The people close around me can hear sound coming out of my ears.

Can’t the volume for the t-coil feature be adjusted independantly without the gain being global for everything else? I want the voices on the phone to be loud enough to understand without everything else around me booming.

Thank you,
Mike

doesn’t your hearing aid have a feature to turn off the microphone when the t-coil is activated? if so, that might be the solution you’re looking for.

Nize, thank you for your reply. I imagine that could be an option, I’m not sure and I don’t think my HIS works with t-coils very often. He specializes in Audibel and I don’t believe any of their models have t-coils.

Ideally what I would like is to have a program that is just like my Autopilot progam and the t-coil gain raised to a volume that I can comfortably hear the callers. Maybe add some extra noise reduction to the mix. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Mike

Having been in touch the with Artone directly myself for a year or so now, I have to agree that the product they offer is superb, and their customer service isn’t bad either!

As an update to this post, I know there is also a new model out in the US (yet to be purchased in the UK) known as the Artone S. This is still Bluetooth and is reported to give far greater output in the overall volume (something I had issues with in the original neckloop they released)

Has anyone had experience of the Artone S in comparison with it’s original model?

Hello.

Im from Sweden and this seems to be the only forum for ppl like us.
The “outsiders” where the manufacturs forgot the deaf ppl.

the http://www.localbattery.com/bluetooth-neckloop.html

well im used to Nokia LPS-4 and the soundquality is really good.
Is the artone better or equal?

Im waiting for Noka LPS-5 and the price would be the same, about 160 dollar.
(i guess)

Hi Poker, don’t have any information on these at all … but I wanted to say WELCOME to the board. I’m glad that you found us :slight_smile:

Hi Poker

I’m a gadget freak and like to try out new things when I can. As far as neckloops go I have yet to find something that comes close to matching the Nokia neckloops.

If you are looking for a Bluetooth enabled t-coil ‘thingy’ then I find the Beetle ear hook to be excellent.

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks ppl.

Right know i want to be in the sunny Cali.

damn this winter in the north part of sweden can kill every good relationship!

Anyhow, this Nokia LPS-5 (it´s a bluetooth wireless headset for hearing aids with a t-coil)

It´s delayed by nokia to the third quarter 2009.
Talk about annoying and no such info why and when really.
Anyone know more?

But i guess Nokia doesnt want to be like SonyEricsson that use US as beta tester.

Hello Poker,
If you want to get more info regarding our products (Artone Bluetooth loopset) in Sweden you can contact local Starky reps, they represent us in Sweden.
I personally have held the LPS 5 in hands (in an expo), the only advantage it may have, is a build in Vibrator (most phones have one…), otherwise in my subjective opinion, I believe our product is better. - and definitely better designed.

Amazon has two different devices:

• Artone Bluetooth Neckloop for Hearing Aids

• Artone MS Bluetooth Neckloop for Hearing Aids

the latter is $10 more, links with 2 devices, and is much uglier (sorry).

any other differences?

thanks

Hello,
The Artone MS has also A2DP stereo profile, if you listen to music from the mobile phone then it will be useful for you. other advantages is the 2 line connection, the MS can be conected to the TV (though TVB) and mobile phone in the same time, with priority to mobile phone.
regarding the design, we will do better on our next version. this one is more strict then the Artone bluetooth loopset, but many people in exhibitions did approve it.
thanks for your interest!

First of all I must WARN YOU that my post is a lengthy one… so many factors I take determining the best fit for a totally hand-free device to work with hearing aids.
Since this is my first post I’m going to tell you a little bit about myself. I’ve worn hearing aids with t-coils all my life from Phonak analogs to the my first digital widex hearing aids for 10 years… add another 5 years of wearing Starkey DaVinci with Eli Bluetooth (with included DAI shoe) and recently just 1 month ago I fitted with Starkey Destiny 1200 BTE
I received the Artone Bluetooth Neckloop from Harris Communications after negotiating with the cost because Tecear sold the same product for $149 shipped I don’t trust that Tecear play nicely with the returns on all of their products, not to say I bought anything from them… So anyway, a week of trial and error with artone I’m slightly sold because I didn’t realize how much potential the t-coil had in all my 27 years of wearing HAs. I used t-coils mainly with headphones or handheld flip phones instead of candybar phones because the cellphones “buzzing” issue generally omitted by the battery where the transmitter is also located. But I am overly satisfied with artone at least but not at last, mainly because I cannot stream any music from my Palm Pre which became almost a total let down for me.

But later down the road I discovered something else. Because I often use Sprintcaptel.com; a vco feature for most of my calls. After a little experiment I later found out that I was able to accomplish streaming music only with a bluetooth enabled netbook. (I imagine carrying a 10’ netbook with me at all times only to hear just itunes. I just couldn’t picture it happening besides the music sounded really mono or otherwise crappy on youtube and media player) But it works exceptionally well in handling voip calls… very loud and crisp clear reception the other end of the line had no issues hearing my voice. Unless you’re really standing in really poor GPRS signal or too far away from your cell phone.

The Bad: 1 issue to point out with the artone is the lack of spectrum the product advertised as 10m or 33 feet distance… Here’s my findings, when the artone paired with nokia 2620 or palm pre and it’s sat in the back pants of my pockets. The results my calls become choppy and tends to lose signal with the phone. If I placed it in my front pockets or on my waist side in the holster I’m good. Even better if placed it in your shirt pocket (which I do not recommend) the transmission is flawless!Same thing happened with my bluetooth netbook, front is better. I owned the Eli bluetooth for 5 years now (cost me 500 USD) the eli sound quality is by no match for the neckloop because the artone wins hands down. The only drawback is not able to hear yourself during phone converstations like with the Eli Bluetooth and DAI. But I wouldn’t hold that against Artone, just yet… As of now I’m looking at the Eli and thinking What am I going to do with it since I’m not using it anymore I don’t think it’s compatible with the Destiny 1200. I will find out tomorrow anyway. Also, on my list of products to check out is the Artone MS but I’m very spectacle regarding the size of that thing. I looks like some malformed army dog tag. I like the size of the Artone Bluetooth… but how big or small the Artone MS? I searched for a answer but google or bing or isn’t helping.

I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining but honestly why aren’t there any pictures of anyone modeling with the artone ms? I can see that the artone ms is poorly marketed here in the US. I’ve only been able to find picture of one wearing the artone bluetooth neckloop but not artone ms… the design sold me out especially with it’s miniature size. I want the MS for the palm pre. Which has MP3 built supports only A2DP. I believe if I order this, I shouldn’t bother purchasing extras to make bluetooth-enabled music devices to work with the loopset. Other alternatives are the DAI bluetooth with A2DP but not too comfortable about wearing a wire.

To the guy who said can’t hear himself in a conversation with the Neckloop! Yes for some it may be a distraction. However for some, like you and I, well I find it helpful for judging the loudness and the tone of voice. You won’t be asking someone at a phone interview about a job you applied for every 5mins “can you hear me now…? okay great” I’d leave that up to Verizon and their wireless advertising campaign. But I suggest you to see the audiologist… I have the appointment with them in the evening so I will post update and let you know how it goes once I have a programming set for neckloop … I believe I can have up to 5… currently have 3 presets: 1 for automatic telephone response and mic, 2 for FM and automatic telephone response and mic, 3 for T-coil only but no mic (currently I’m able to use the neckloop only on this program). There is an auto coil that i wish to test to see if that picks up the neckloop while hearing myself in phone conversations. In the meantime, keep posted. Thanks.