Widex Moment and Bluetooth

I’d like to connect my Widex Moment hearing aids to my computer and my TV by bluetooth. I know there are Widex devices to do that (Sound Connect and TV Play), but there are also MUCH cheaper bluetooth dongles. My question is whether anyone has gotten the latter to work with Moment hearing aids. I have the Widex telephone, and it works wonderfully with these hearing aids by bluetooth.

A separate question is whether bluetooth connection to a computer or TV mucks up the phone connection, such that if I’m using one of the former, the latter won’t work.

Insights from people using bluetooth devices with these hearing aids would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum, I don’t use Widex anymore but most HAs don’t work that well if at all with PC, there are lots of posts on this topic over the years, here’s the latest one you can follow

This post mentioned your Moments for MFi only (Mac,iPad,)

For others just use the search button from right here on hearingtracker.

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?q=Hearing%20aids%20how%20to%20connect%20to%20my%20PC%20

Thanks. Not much relevant info, but I am intrigued by the idea that these HAs are BLE bluetooth. That would make sense. These would need bluetooth transmitters that support BLE. BLE bluetooth is completely independent from regular bluetooth. I can get another cheap dongle that is listed as “Supports Basic Rate(BR), Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE).” So that may be the way to go. I can contact Widex, but since they sell their own product, I doubt that they will be very encouraging about doing it cheaply.

Hi,
I have Widex Moment 330 hearing aids (HAs )and I tried connecting them to my Windows 10 laptop via the Bluetooth on the laptop. The laptop could “see” that the HAs existed as Bluetooth-capable devices but it could not successfully connect to them and transmit sound to them.

I also have an Apple iPad. This has no problems connecting via Bluetooth to my HAs as the HAs regard the iPad as a bigger version of my iPhone.

OK, I have confirmed with Widex that Moments use BLE Bluetooth and that, as a result, they won’t work with built-in computer Bluetooth. It seems that one CAN get a BLE Bluetooth compatible USB dongle. See, for example https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09M7NLS51/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1 (Trendnet) for ten bucks. You plug that in to a computer USB port, get the appropriate drivers (which I assume are offered by Trendnet). I’m going to try this.

Yep as per previous posts, they use MFi, BLE like ALL others except Sonova models.
Let us know how you get on, my guess is it’s gonna be a bit fickle.

@Thelma Yes, I also will be interested in the results of your trial with the USB dongle