Hearing Aids That Connect To Windows PC

So far, I know that the Phonak Lumity series of hearing aids are compatible with Windows PCs and can stream audio. It seems like Oticon hearing aids are made for iPhone, but also claim to be able to stream from Android, but cannot connect to a Windows laptop without something called a ConnectClip. Can you please provide me more information about all the hearing aids you know of that are Windows-compatible?

Here is the full list of hearing aids that connect to standard Bluetooth devices:

Phonak

1 Like

Oticon Intent has Bluetooth 5.3 with LE Audio, so it will connect to Windows PC.

Didn’t I read here on the forums that Mac OS now supports HAs as well?

Maybe it should read Sonova.

4 Likes

The recent Macs with selected M1 and all M2 and M3 processors support MFi hearing aids. See the following for details:

https://support.apple.com/en-me/guide/mac-help/mchle83953a5/mac

Macs with Intel processors do not get this new feature.

2 Likes

Oh that’s it, I knew it had been discussed at some point, thanks for sharing.

You all knew I was going to pipe up and say this, but I’ll do it anyway. Hearing aids with LE Audio should be able to connect with Windows 11 machines with certain chipsets, but no-one seems to be able to get it to work as yet. There was a demo in one of @Andy_Bellavia’s videos that looked pretty schmick. Not sure how that happened. I’ll just take it on faith that at some point in the near future Microsoft will release an update that makes it work.

1 Like

Add me to the list. I am trialling Intents and can’t get them to connect to my Windows 11 PC. But to be fair I have only had a couple of quick tries and will do some more research.

Yes to above. I’ve just started a trial of Unitron HAs (Sonova) and they connect okay to Windows as well as Android.

1 Like

@d_Wooluf glad you liked the videos. They were done with Phonak Paradise two ways.

• My 2-year old Lenovo X1, Win 11 - Direct BT Classic, works really well
  • My 3-year old Lenovo X1, still Win 10 (though I will get around to addressing that) - BT behaves poorly, I use a Phonak TV Connector

Just got Nexias to take to AU for my ACAud presentation, LE & Auracast capability fired right up on my Galaxy S23. Stay tuned for PC connection experience.

@OldMusicGuy @justlisten

1 Like

Hi Andy. Well, you don’t yell at me and you do some prep. What’s not to like? The video I was thinking of (if memory serves) was done at a trade show. I think you spoke with Chuck Sabin in the first part and then spoke to some people (Intel?) at a booth with a Windows computer connected via LE Audio to a hearing aid. Certainly interested in your PC connection experience.

1 Like

@d_Wooluf ah, yes, that one. I thought you meant some of the earlier videos like this: https://youtu.be/wNysM5-cGQk

The GN demo at EUHA was running with beta software. There are both hardware & software requirements which will become increasingly available out of the box. Check out this from Microsoft: Check if your Windows 11 PC supports Bluetooth Low Energy Audio - Microsoft Support

3 Likes

Oticon Intent with LE Audio should work with a Windows 11 PC with the newest version update which includes support for LE Audio… And Bluetooth 5.3 hardware. My PC only has Bluetooth 5.0 so it will not work for me.

My Jabra EP 20s and the ReSound Nexia 9s (which are the same thing) which also have LE Audio have the same limitations.

Therefore I am looking at the Multi-Mic for connecting to my PC.

1 Like