Widex introduces WIDEX MOMENT, the world’s first hearing aid to deliver a truly natural sound experience

I am glad they worked so well for you they did not work so well for my hearing loss and me. It was a shame as they had a lot to like. Like the tinnitus setting, Machine learning. They where really good. But overall it was not a good fit for my hearing loss and me. My audiologists seemed to think the moment was more for someone who had milder hearing loss then my hearing loss is. Personally I didn’t care as I was not getting hearing benefit form them. I feel that if you are paying for hearing aids they need to give you a hearing benefit. That is their job after all. That’s okay as hearing loss is as diverse as people. What works for one does not work for all. That is why I understand people having different experiences with hearing aids. I came here to see if others had a similar experience and features of the hearing aid. There was a lot to like. I wish you the best with your hearing aids and have a great day.

1 Like

So the Phonak M90 and Resound Preza are unnatural sounding based on Widex marketing, unbelievable

Hi again, finally arrived !! I am writing now, after about a week with the CIC Moment. (I have mind 220 CICnow best HA ever)
I’m using only the music program :
First - Give me 1 Mind 220 for 10 Moment’s … But :
1.Understanding speech: Very good naturally sound (Universal mode is better)
2.My own voice: Sound really good for me natural sound but there’s kind of volume limiter - I can shout without really hearing how loud is it.
3.Music at home/Car via Spotify (serious receiver and speakers ) : Sound very good deep bass - love it! but again, the limiter or compression don’t know … Moment will eat any distortion, growling you’ll provide.
4. Playing with acoustic guitar: For the first time, I can hear my Martin bell like it should do - Love it guitar sound nice and clear.
5.Acoustic with singing: Bad. It’s me or the guitar, not both… When I start to sing - the guitar volume turns down by half, my voice limiter starts his job - Bummer.
6. Electric guitar with looper machine- Moment channels start to lose it ups and downs with no control - Moment cant handle it Bummer 2

Anyone here had the volume limiter experience? and know if it can be solved?
I’ll see my audi tomorrow - I’ll update
Bottom line - Very good product. Most of the day I forget that it on me.
I keep my golden mind 220 for jam sessions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you heard anything new about the update?

1 Like

My audi checked and was told they’ve pushed it to fall now :pensive:

where is your YouTube channels I’ll watch. :slight_smile: I’m not a musician but try to enjoy music so I’m always curious which HAs sound better for live music and streaming. I’ll be interested to see if you the Widex Moments and if the “Puresound” makes a difference. I am not looking at Widex Moments or Phonak Paradise models. I’m in the Apple world so I’m OK with iphone only and I doubt I would stream from my TV. The appeal of the Phonaks to me right now is water resistance and speech enhancement but I wonder if a well fitted HA would be good for quiet times with soft spoken people which I can’t hear with my current HAs.

I work in NYC so taking the subway requires noise canceling or isolating headphones because even turning the mikes off the trains are to loud to hear streaming well.

Will Widex Moment get the BTE version?

I have severe hearing loss and audiologists recommend BTE to me. i now have a Phonak Naida q50 and my plan is to switch to Widex Moment, of course after I try out the hearing aids.

At widex Moment, I liked the “sound sense learn” option the most.
At first I will adjust the programs, the conditions I am in, etc. in the application on the smartphone, and later HA will be able to recognize the conditions I am in and even determine where I am via a GPS location to turn on a certain program. As far as I can see, no device in the competition offers that yet.
Another thing I like is the more advanced app, which gives me more options around adjusting the sound. I’ve always been looking for that, I’ve often been in conditions where it’s hard to understand speech and where I’d like to adjust the HA to suit me.

By the way, I’ll ask, does Widex still use hearing aids with a 675 battery? I didn’t notice Evoke using it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am interested if any sound engineer, audiophile or musician has experience with the Widex Moment, particularly in PureSound mode. Is it marketing hype or does the latency / delay reduction sound appreciably better with music for those of us with mild hearing loss using open domes?

I currently use Phonak Marvel (which is just passable but not great with music - which I think is partially due to the smearing of the transients due to the processing delay) and am considering if it is worth a trial of the Widex Moments.

1 Like

I think I saw something like that mentioned somewhere else also. Resound or starkey. :thinking:

But not whole teaching experience, that’s still widex-only afaik.

If what you tried so far is just passable, trying completely different approach definitely seems worth testing.

1 Like

Pro pianist here. I’m using the Moment 440 rechargeable RICs. I can’t hear any latency whatsoever. Not in any of the modes. “Pure”, from what I can tell, uses just one set of the microphones. So music is theoretically less directional but it sounds great to me. The only other HAs I’ve used to compare them with were from 10 years ago when latency was extremely bad and noticeable. I’m also very sensitive to latency especially when playing really fast music on the piano. I can hear when latency makes a note sound like it’s being played behind. (Not to toot my own horn but I’m talking about really fast piano playing :))

If you notice strangeness with the Phonak I’d recommend the Widex because I haven’t heard anything weird wearing them while playing or listening to music aside from when I was still dialing in my fitting and frequency adjustments. It’s been fun experimenting with different uses for the different microphones and the vast features. I’ve got 5 regular programs set up for normal use, quiet speech, natural sounding nature and urban conditions (Pure), music (piano) playing, and concert settings (with wind noise reduction, speech enhancements). And all 5 programs sound great when playing or listening to music

4 Likes

In 2019, Widex and Sivantos merged as one company under the new name “WS AUDIOLOGY”. Of course the brands widex, signia etc will still exist separately. But it’s interesting for the reason that it will share technology. The development of new technologies costs money, and even with that, the price of hearing aids rises. Due to this merger, prices will certainly be lower and it is possible that the new Widex and of course Signia, etc. will bring progress. So I’m looking forward to it. What bothers me the most as a customer when they raise the price is that it’s hard for me to afford some better options.
A friend of mine recently inquired about Bernafon Appliances, and their best model costs twice as much as the Widex moment. And it brings nothing better than Widex Moment.

I think “in general,” the prices of all major hearing aid manufacturers are very similar. I get this impression from looking at online prices. However, an individual practice may get very different prices from different manufacturers. I’m guessing the variation would depend largely on number of instruments sold, but could imagine a variety of reasons. I too would assume that Widex and Sivantos will be sharing technology, but so far haven’t seen any evidence of that. I am not optimistic about them dropping prices.

1 Like

I asked my audioligits if I can play piano with my new hearing aids? she said could you play before. :slight_smile: just kidding. Hmm can you toot your own horn or you only play piano. :slight_smile:

Interesting, I’m going to ask for natural sounding nature. In my quiet home I use music program a lot even though I can hear my noisy NVR and the heat when winter comes along. I only play the stereo but it definitely sounds better then my 6 year old Widex did. I’ve tried experimenting with the volume of the mics to volume of stereo ratio and can get a fuller sound when lowering the mics. I can’t sure pure since my hearing loss is across all frequencies not just the highs.

This is some great information as I’m currently looking at the Moment product, specifically the 330. Did you try the 330 or did you go right to the 440? I ask as I’m wondering if the cost difference is really worth the difference in performance. It seems they highlight the wind noise reduction on the 440 and I’m not sure it’s something I really need given the cost difference.

Thanks!

If it is the same as the Evokes, with the 330 as you walk along you will get more wind noise, and with the 440 I don’t register it. It depends on what you are used to as to how much you would notice. When I temporarily dropped to 330 I really noticed the wind noise where I was used to not having it but they are still very high performing aids.

1 Like

You can reduce wind by covering them, either with ear gear, or just some hat/headband.
Unless you have insane feedback in the first place. But cloth works fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are interested in advanced use of the Widex Moment app or interested in music / sound quality, a two-part article. Part 2 is quite technical, and I had my husband read it!

From Analogplanet.com Review of Widex Moment, part 1

From Analogplanet on Widex Moment part 2

3 Likes

Thanks for the links, good review!

@dennish thanks for your reply and your first hand experience which is very useful.
@francestoronto thanks for the links to the Michael Fremer articles.
It sounds like it is definitely worth giving the Widex Moment a trial run to see if they give a better outcome for me for music.

1 Like