Any experience with Wholesale Hearing?

@kevels55 Oh boy, don’t tell me about P&P, it’s absolutely shocking how much they charge:
£8.15 or so and +£12 another option, I did complain but again, what can you do.
I’ve got him all three, but it seems like that PoweOne Revolution is the best one, so I will stick with PowerOne Revolution.
Yes, Phonak have some batteries, you get them with the hearing aids, not sure if you can buy them tho, but as you said they are Varta too.

1 Like

Thanks all for your input.

I’m looking to buy the rechargeables, so batteries arent an issue for me.

I must admit that from all the tests I’ve had, the Boots test was the most ‘salesy’. The chap seemed really keen to downgrade my nhs hearing aids and sell me his product. I wonder if he was chasing a target. The specsavers and local audiologist were much easier and relaxed.

I’m quite torn but a grand is a sizeable sum for the same product. That’s a decent golf holiday (without the wife - worth at least 5 grand lol)

1 Like

@BSingleton For 5 grand I will leave the wify in the basement and go on holiday to the Caribbean this winter.
On a serious note; Have you had a stroll on this forum and read about rechargeable hearing aids?

I don’t believe @BSingleton, they are on commission at Boots, I will ask next week at my next appointment… I just assumed they weren’t ?

@Baltazard, I get all my batteries from Amazon, so no charge for my postage, I order via prime, so they are usually at my doorstep the following day… £8 to £12 is a tadge ott… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Negative. Good or bad? From my research the best is Lumity and only comes as rechargeable

@BSingleton It just to make you aware of the pros and cons of rechargeable hearing aids.
As you can read from this:

So you can make an informed decision before you buy.

1 Like

The local audiologist said the nationals are all on a target system. He would be too. They all are. They must be.

I’ve been in sales all my days. Sell at work. Sell at home lol. The Boots guy was a sales dog. Born and breed. He thought I was an old fuddy duddy, silver surfer with no idea but i had his number. It takes one to know one.

Everyone is on commission or bonus or some sort of performance related bonus. There has to be an incentive for them to push on. Opticians, dentists, vets etc

Anyways, I’m minded to try Wholesale Hearing and I’ll keep you posted on my outcomes

3 Likes

@Baltazard I am see the PowerOne 675’s for £13.99 for 60, on Amazon, free postage if you are on Prime :grin:

1 Like

@kevels55 Thank you, too late, I got me two boxes yesterday.
Man, I did search on Amazon, how did I miss that, dear me.
I’m sure Puretone were the only one selling PowerOne Evolution here in the UK when I’ve searched yesterday !!! strange.

1 Like

I am fairly friendly with my A.uD @BSingleton, so I am sure she will tell me, I am never pressurised to buy :grin: Good luck with whomever you choose to buy with, let us know how you get on… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

I will double check that, I omitted the evolution part :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No @Baltazard, sorry, my mistake, they don’t have PowerOne Evolution in 675… I think, I might try Rayovac Implant Pro, at some point next year. I believe they are Varta as well…Slightly longer lasting, and around £20 for a pack of 60… Cheers Kev :grin:

2 Likes

Costco is the exception here.

WH

2 Likes

How do Wholesale hearing supply custom moulds or custom receivers?

And what about REM?

2 Likes

@glucas Maybe they can refer you to a nearest Audiologist near you, it could be a pay as you go system!!!
I think they work with some Audiologist throughout the UK, I could be wong.
Well, all 3 company directors are Audiologists if it makes any difference.

4 Likes

Yeah. It is a good price, but I am very wary. If they are not locked and one can then make adjustments afterwards that is good, but Phonak self programming is for the birds (or serious enthusiasts/experienced audiologists) in my view! I can tinker with Target but REM is essential. Then there is the fear of breakdowns, replacement receivers etc. I would rather go to Specsavers or Boots or pray that the Costco Sonova relationship wakes up again.

Actually, I’ll message them in the week and find out what they say and report back here.

2 Likes

OK. I’ve just posed the questions with them (About REM and Custom Ear Moulds Receivers). I got the following responses:

" In order to use our service, you are required to supply a recent audiogram. This allows our expert audiologists to:

1. Confirm your chosen hearing aids are suitable.for your loss.
  2. Identify the power of receiver required
  3. Select the most appropriate dome or mould configuration to match you acoustic requirements
  4. Program the hearing aid to your audiogram, prior to shipping to you.

REMs can only be performed live face to face, so we cannot provide it using our online model. Whilst REMs is seen as the gold standard for verifying the fitting, it is not mandatory.

Should adjuatment of the hearing aids be required once you have received them, what we can provide is a remote programming session with one of our expert audiologists through the MyPhonak app. It’s free and easy. Only requires you to have a smart phone and Internet connection/WiFi.

Once we start the session, our audiologist will listen to your requirements, and if appropriate will run a live in the ear hearing test (called AudiogramDirect) which can remeasure you threshold of hearing, spot any frequencies that need recalibrate, then load the new frequency response into the hearing aids. In short, we retest and reprogram your hearing aids to match your response. It’s very effective!

If you still would like REMs, you can find and visit a local audiologist to provide it for you. Expect to pay an appropriate sessional fee with the audiologist."

Second question

"Custom moulds or receivers can be sourced locally from a local audiologist.

Most of customers can successfully use the instant fit rubber tips. But for more severe losses, custom moulds can be added later."

So it’s pretty clear that they don’t do REM and they don’t supply custom moulds/receivers. It’s up to you to contact “local audiologist” to do this.

3 Likes

Do you pay tax for batteries? The United Kingdom has left the European Union, and the batteries produced by Varta are from Germany.

1 Like

@glucas That was my assumption, it’s Pay As You Go in a sense that you will need to see a local Audiologist if you want a face to face service.
Hence, one has to check which one suit his/her needs, either buy online and get separate service when you need it and pay for it, or go the mainstream route and seek a brick n mortar high-street shop for a full package.

1 Like

If you can find one that is willing to do it.

It’s a potential can of worms for the individual if the process goes wrong or you don’t like what they’ve done.

2 Likes