Any experience with Wholesale Hearing?

Has anyone any experience or advice about Wholesalehearing.co.uk?

Apologises for the long story…
Ive been following this website, forum and Dr Cliff etc for some time whilst I’ve been coming to terms with accepting my hearing loss and my need for hearing aids. Ive got NHS hearing aids which arent helping much and its 6 months before i can get another appt with an audiologist. Been tested many times and diagnosed with a severe high frequency loss. At each private test I’ve been demonstrated hearing aids, and although tinny and weird, the improvement is undeniable. But the cost is eye watering. Ranging from £3500 to £7500. They have all quoted top tech from from Phonak L90 to Oticon Real to Resound One.

Rather than take out a new mortgage, ive been searching away and found the lowest prices at Wholesale Hearing but I’m wary. I signed upto thier newsletter and have just had a Black Friday offer with an extra 10% off all hearing aids. That makes the price for a pair of Phonak L90s for £2160 & a free TV connector with a 5yr warranty. A min £1500 saving! It seems too good to be true. But they appear to have a number of good trustpilot reviews and when I messaged them directly, they were responsive, informative and not pushy.

I saw one person on the forum say they bought from them and were happy. But again I’m still skeptical 🫤

If it is genuine, how can they be so much lower priced anywhere else?
Has anyone got any feedback or views?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

@BSingleton It must be me.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will find here what you are looking for.

Yes, I did buy from them, and I haven’t had any problem.
I did get a Phonak Naida Paradise P90 UP back in 2021 and there were no issues, be it payment, delivery or troubleshooting.

Yes, you are correct, they are doing a Black Friday sale and top of the line Phonak Lumity comes with a free TV connector.

If you have any questions, please do fire away.

What you need is an audiogram less than 6 months old, or you could have a chat with them on their online chat service; Or you could give them a ring, just to have a peace of mind, as you will be speaking to a human rather than a robot.

If you could post your audiogram on here, so the smashing people on this forum can advise you if the Audeo Lumity is suitable for you or not, before you make a splash.

Disclaimer: I don’t work for Wholesalehearing.co.uk nor do I get any commissions.
I am here trying to help mi brother from another mother :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @BSingleton:wink: So, Wholesale Hearing are taking £240 of their normal price, of £2400 for the pair, and throwing in a TV connector 2, on their Black Friday deal… That’s interesting, Boots are £2995 fully fitted with new moulds, fitting & followup visits, plus they employ A.uD’s, and have office space, sound booths etc’, that’s got to be paid for some how…Did they do any remote fitting with you @Baltazard, for your Naida’s or did you just send an audiogram? Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@kevels55 No remote fitting as my friend lives in a foreign country and doesn’t speak English.
But, there is a remote fitting, not sure about the practicality.
Yes, I’ve had to send them an audiogram and fill-in a health questionnaire, so they can approve the purchase.

Note: Boots do 4 years warranty, while WH do 5 years.
From their website:

1 Like

Not that I would bother with remote fitting, I would just do my own…I was just curious, thank you kind Sir :grin:

1 Like

@kevels55 There are pros and cons, but for my case where my friend is far away, there is no other options.
If it was for me, not sure which option I will pick.
Having to go to a brick & mortar certainly gives you peace of mind, not to mention, free service + batteries for the lifetime of the hearing aids! (or 4 years), sure for a bit extra.
But again, for someone on a tight budget, it makes sense to just use an online reseller and pay as you go for service (fitting and adjustment) if they don’t provide a follow up service.

On another note, mi brother prefers:

He said they are much better than Rayovac and Duracell (Duracell being the worst), not sure if someone can provide any feedback?

1 Like

THANK YOU… PowerOne is made by Varta in Germany? I got Duracell this time round, usually get Rayovac +, decided to try Duracell… I got a couple of freebe 6 packs of 675 batteries, when I got the Naida Lumity’s, they where “Phonak” batteries, never seen them before, or I don’t recall seeing them, made by Varta of course, they make exceptionally good batteries, that’s also an excellent price £13.99, it says trade, but it all depends how much P&P they charge, I can’t see a P&P price on their Puretone site? Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@kevels55 Oh boy, don’t tell me about P&P, it’s absolutely shocking how much they charge:
£8.15 or so and +£12 another option, I did complain but again, what can you do.
I’ve got him all three, but it seems like that PoweOne Revolution is the best one, so I will stick with PowerOne Revolution.
Yes, Phonak have some batteries, you get them with the hearing aids, not sure if you can buy them tho, but as you said they are Varta too.

1 Like

Thanks all for your input.

I’m looking to buy the rechargeables, so batteries arent an issue for me.

I must admit that from all the tests I’ve had, the Boots test was the most ‘salesy’. The chap seemed really keen to downgrade my nhs hearing aids and sell me his product. I wonder if he was chasing a target. The specsavers and local audiologist were much easier and relaxed.

I’m quite torn but a grand is a sizeable sum for the same product. That’s a decent golf holiday (without the wife - worth at least 5 grand lol)

1 Like

@BSingleton For 5 grand I will leave the wify in the basement and go on holiday to the Caribbean this winter.
On a serious note; Have you had a stroll on this forum and read about rechargeable hearing aids?

I don’t believe @BSingleton, they are on commission at Boots, I will ask next week at my next appointment… I just assumed they weren’t ?

@Baltazard, I get all my batteries from Amazon, so no charge for my postage, I order via prime, so they are usually at my doorstep the following day… £8 to £12 is a tadge ott… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Negative. Good or bad? From my research the best is Lumity and only comes as rechargeable

@BSingleton It just to make you aware of the pros and cons of rechargeable hearing aids.
As you can read from this:

So you can make an informed decision before you buy.

1 Like

The local audiologist said the nationals are all on a target system. He would be too. They all are. They must be.

I’ve been in sales all my days. Sell at work. Sell at home lol. The Boots guy was a sales dog. Born and breed. He thought I was an old fuddy duddy, silver surfer with no idea but i had his number. It takes one to know one.

Everyone is on commission or bonus or some sort of performance related bonus. There has to be an incentive for them to push on. Opticians, dentists, vets etc

Anyways, I’m minded to try Wholesale Hearing and I’ll keep you posted on my outcomes

3 Likes

@Baltazard I am see the PowerOne 675’s for £13.99 for 60, on Amazon, free postage if you are on Prime :grin:

1 Like

@kevels55 Thank you, too late, I got me two boxes yesterday.
Man, I did search on Amazon, how did I miss that, dear me.
I’m sure Puretone were the only one selling PowerOne Evolution here in the UK when I’ve searched yesterday !!! strange.

1 Like

I am fairly friendly with my A.uD @BSingleton, so I am sure she will tell me, I am never pressurised to buy :grin: Good luck with whomever you choose to buy with, let us know how you get on… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

I will double check that, I omitted the evolution part :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No @Baltazard, sorry, my mistake, they don’t have PowerOne Evolution in 675… I think, I might try Rayovac Implant Pro, at some point next year. I believe they are Varta as well…Slightly longer lasting, and around £20 for a pack of 60… Cheers Kev :grin:

2 Likes

Costco is the exception here.

WH

2 Likes