Where to buy Phonak Roger On

@kevels55

Thanks for this. Yes, I do appreciate that, and I wasn’t expecting to hear anyone other than in my immediate vicinity (I had realised this pretty quickly with the Select many years ago!). And as you suggest, no-one at one end of the table was even trying to hear those at the other. But I still struggled to hear those near me because of all the clattering and voices all around me. Maybe I need to look at the fine tuning again.

As an aside, one-to-one, the Select, ON and PartnerMic are excellent, due as you say to the closeness of the mic to the speaker.

@Zebras

I would say the Select and the ON perform the same in table mode. And you don’t really need the app for the ON, unless you want to prioritise the mics. And I use the phone for both when I want to adjust the ambient noise.

I have tried Speech in Noise (and Loud Noise), but no good in a restaurant or party as it just cuts out a lot of speech as well as background noise.

1 Like

The issue of it cutting out speech as well.

I found if NoiseBlock is set too strong then speech is effected.

Am I right in thinking you’re a DIYer?

1 Like

That’s the thing.

The Select, you can prioritise the Mics without having to get your phone out. Seems a more simpler way.

I don’t use the myPhonak App either.

1 Like

I have the Roger app, ain’t used it yet! Roger Select is fine, I think I marginally prefer the Roger On though Ruth, slightly more pristine IMO… Cheers Kev :smile:

1 Like

Yes, on your recent post, you mentioned cutting down/out Noiseblock so I have tried that. And yes, I am a DIYer! I use the same settings for PartnerMic and Roger Direct.

1 Like

What does it say in Program Options?

@Mike59

@Mike59

I thought the ‘standard’ option on RogerDirect was better as the gain in the license gets higher the more background noise there is.

1 Like

@Zebras Oh, right. I had no idea about that. I just assumed that ‘dual’ was better. I will definitely try that out then. Thanks so much …

@Mike59

RogerDirect

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, that makes sense … I will try that out.

No, I see that Dual still changes it by 20 dB in total, just a different way so it may be okay.

@Mike59

@Mike59

This is my Speech in Loud Noise settings.

I can not remember if you also have NHS Aids as well.

@Zebras Is that your Autosense programme using the HA mics? That’s not your streaming programme is it? And no, I had NHS aids a long time ago, but just the Marvels now.

This is my Manual Speech in Loud Noise program.

:slight_smile:

I see your hearing loss is quite bad now. They are handing out Naida P70 UP for your hearing loss on the NHS now.

I didn’t realise that. To be honest, the Marvels are more than loud enough for me. In quiet environments I am fine. And the streaming is fine; I can use the phone and even listen to an audiobook or podcast. But any hint of background noise - traffic, kettle boiling etc. - and it’s a real struggle :face_with_spiral_eyes:.

Not sure a more powerful aid would help, but might be worth a try.

Thank you!

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea where all these used Roger devices come from, ( not the private party ones ). ( but the ones with tape , sold broken or for parts, or the reconditioned ones sold ). ?