What? Noahlink Wireless for $46, no $44, $50, $45

Addendum (not covered in the upgrade guide). I had to download and run the Himsa Noahlink Wireless driver installer before the upgrade tool would recognize the Airlink 2:
Noahlink Wireless Downloads – HIMSA.

After that, though, I was getting an Update Failed message after the Updater ran:

Re-opening the Updater gave me this dialog:

I used the Updater to Reinstall, with the same message at the end.

Additionally, COMPASS GPS 4.4 said this when hitting the Connect button. The be fair, I don’t have my Moment HAs yet, so there’s nothing for the Noahlink Wireless to connect to, yet.

I re-opened the Updater, didn’t start an update, but tried to connect with COMPASS GPS 4.4:

At any rate, dysfunction of the connection is not verified without a HA device to connect, so I’ll report back if I have further connection issues.

That’s concerning. I would think that the fitting software (Widex Compass GPS 4.4) should recognize the Noahlink Wireless device, even without a hearing aid connection.

Did you restart your computer after the firmware update? Does your driver look like this normal Noahlink Wireless driver?

When I try to connect using Oticon Genie 2 (without any hearing aids) Yes, it will fail to find any hearing aids.

But meanwhile the lights are Blinking Green on the Noahlink Wireless as a sign the hearing aid programming device is connected, and trying to establish a connection.

1 Like

I don’t know what the problem is, it’s working and telling you it’s been “updated” once your HAs are in then you’ll be able to tell exactly.
One thing is, maybe the Airlink2 was already updated, and you are trying to overwrite it.

What guide is that?
Yes you need a “driver” to run, so the updater asked you to update the drivers before? you updated the firmware, that’s weird, if anything that should of been done after?

Just restart your PC and try again.

I have Airlink2 so I’ll check what mine is showing.

The Noahlink Wireless Properties dialog looks the same as you show.
Yes, I have rebooted. I also checked COMPASS setup…Interface, and tried the Test function:

It seems that the firmware update may not be complete, at least according to the dialog that appears immediately after the update is installed/reinstalled (“failed”).

PVC did I read somewhere, the Noahlink could be “downgraded” to older version and then reinstall the latest?.. Or maybe that was that something else.

1 Like

Tenkan - it only says “updated” after I dismiss Updater (after "update failed) and run it again.
As for the driver, the Updater didn’t ask for one…it couldn’t detect the Airlink 2 without the driver already installed.
I have rebooted. By the way, I’m in Win 11.

For completeness I would remove the other two PRO LINK fitting devices from Compass GPS list of Current Interfaces.

Note these two instructions from the Updater:

• Make sure to close any Fitting Software before you search for Noahlink Wireless devices within the updater tool.
  • When updating firmware, do not connect your Noahlink Wireless using a USB hub. Connect directly to a USB port on your computer.

@tenkan I only recall that the updater could be run again. Also that Noahlink Wireless firmware is always backwards compatible with previous firmware versions. This means that you can safely upgrade your Noahlink Wireless firmware without worrying about losing the connection with your fitting software.

Maybe try installing another manufacturer’s fitting software (maybe Oricon Genie 2) and see if it can search for non existent hearing aids while the lights blink green on Noahlink Wireless?

1 Like

I tried out Phonak Target 8.1.1. It indicated a firmware issue:

I wonder what options are available to get me past the “update failed” in Updater? Perhaps it’s a hardware issue that the ebay seller’s “power on” test didn’t reveal. I recall a thing we used to say in jest (only in jest!) in product development: “Lights go on? Ship it!”

Please verify this; do not connect your Noahlink Wireless using a USB hub. Connect directly to a USB port on your computer.

Also maybe click the Check for USB DRIVER from Phonak Target in Support Tools;

While Phonak Target might show some additional information I think we already know what we need to know.

• The only method I know of for updating (Airlink 2/Noahlink Wireless) firmware is with the Airlink 2 Updater.
  • If that produced a (Problem with fitting Device firmware) as indicated by Phonak Target, then I don’t see a solution.

Supporting information: Link to → Updating Airlink 2

NOTE: IF THE UPDATE DOES NOT COMPLETE SUCCESSFULLY, PLEASE
CLOSE THE AIRLINK 2 UPDATER AND DISCONNECT THE AIRLINK 2.
RECONNECT THE AIRLINK2 AND RESTART THE AIRLINK 2 UPDATER AND
REPEAT THE STEPS LISTED UNDER “UPDATE AIRLINK 2”.
NOTE: IF THE INSTALLATION TERMINATED UNEXPECTEDLY OR IF IT DOES
NOT WORK AS EXPECTED, CLICK REINSTALL TO REPEAT THE UPDATE.

USB connected to motherboard, yes. :slight_smile:

I searched a bit, and located an earlier thread that linked to another firmware tool that found v2.19.
https://himsafiles.com/NoahlinkWireless/NLWUpgrader_Apr19.exe

I installed that, and COMPASS 4.4 acknowledged the device when I went to COMPASS setup…Interface…Noahlink Wireless…Test:

3 Likes

That’s Great!! I was worried for a while! Good job!

1 Like

Thank you for this info! I was having the same issue with the Airlink 2. Running the v2.19 tool allowed the Compass software to find the device.

1 Like

@mikehoopes What earlier thread that linked to another firmware tool?

@tenkan Here’s the → link to Downgrade Noahlink Wireless Firmware.

Seems like @XJS is up and running too. :grinning:

1 Like

I thought we had that link? I’m pretty sure that earlier one was what I’d was thinking I’d read about somewhere, for win11.
For whatever reason I thought the OP had already installed the driver’s, but good results in the end!

Found it here.

2 Likes

^^ that’s the thread I was talking about. Thanks for all your support!

1 Like

Airlink 2 Updater hangs on Win7 and Win11 for me. I have the correct driver installed. Did I receive a bad Airlink device or is there something else to try? I have tried having it plugged in and then running Airlink 2 Update and running the software and then plugging it in. The software seems to hang when it sees the device.

The green lights on the device come on and then go off. I have tested two different cables. Windows says it’s a Noahlink Wireless, but the firmware update tool does not detect one.

There is a Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match error in Win11 which may be the issue, but Win7 also isn’t working.

1 Like

Read a DIY School PDF file named (Noahlink Wireless – DIY User Guide).

Then show us your driver by using the Windows snipping tool to save the clip as a file and upload the file/clip by using the UP arrow on your forum post.

From DIY School; There are also two additional workarounds (not shown here).