What hearing aid is best at Costco?

Define your methods of research? Watching Cliff on YouTube? Google searches?

Old prices. They’ve come down.

Boy a little sarcasm goes a long way. My experience also has been that no two hearing aids sound the same. Also no two manufactures handle hearing loss the same. Costco doesn’t have a wide selection for a particular type of loss. Their aids also may have limited features. Just saying. It’s not a knock on Costco. And thank you mrprez for clearing up the sarcasm question. You can save money at Costco. But you may not get what’s best for you unless you search elsewhere. PS. Been wearing aids for over 40 years. If you disagree with something I say, fine. Telling a person they don’t know what they’re talking about is rude

2 Likes

I’m not paying $5000 for hearing aids. That’s just not for me. Not a matter of money, just value. If $1800 will get the job done then why pay more.

3 Likes

You pay more because you need better quality sounds or need special features to get through life. If that works for you than great. But your loss isn’t the same as anyone else’s on the planet. Some people can’t put a price limit on a hearing aid and still get the best possible results

1 Like

Did you get the Phonak Naida P UP aids?
From what I have read they are very nice aids.

To add a little to this…the Brio aids from Phonak.

Costco really does cover most bases with hearing aids. This includes aids for losses that go up to profound. Some Costco’s have more experienced fitters than others that might prove better for the more difficult fittings. The one my wife and I go to have very good fitters, many years of experience.

2 Likes

One aid does not work for everyone who has the same loss unfortunately. The phonak naida paradise that I trialed are on order

Yeah, I see that myself, but they actually work the same, as in amplify sound, process the sound and then pipe the sound to your ear canal.

You see, sound is so subjective, what sounds so different to you, sounds the same to someone else, or even the “I don’t know” I think they were similar.

Different software has different proprietary formula, so different outcomes, even for the exact same audiogram, very subjective subject indeed.

Ha ha, watch out @SpudGunner, oh no to late, you’ve stood on a landmine.

Thank goodness your not running for president @mrprez.

Sure a lot of people will agree, but experience tells me, just because you pay more for something, doesn’t mean it’s the “best”

1 Like

@tenkan: Damn! I wasn’t watching where I was stepping - I was distracted looking for cerumen in people’s tiny ear 'oles!

1 Like

Thanks. I know that. For my hearing loss, I could suffer along without them altogether. The ones that were recommended to me did great.

Right back at ya! I guess this isn’t my kind of place where personal attacks are accepted. Might have to look elsewhere.

I didn’t say more money means it’s the best. I said all hearing work differently. If they all work the same then one hearing aid would work for everyone. But I’ve tried hearing aids that are ultra power and thought some were awful while other people thought they were great. What I did say is that most people buy aids that work best for them. If you go in ahead of tisaying I’m only going to spend a certain amount of money then you may not be concerned about getting an aid that will help you the most. Of course some people with less of a loss might be able to do that. Good for them. My goal is to hear as best I can. Then my next question is how am I going to pay for these things. Fortunately I have an audi who gives me a lot of leeway and would let me trial every hearing aid he carries if I wanted to. He says here take them home for a couple of weeks. See what you think

And I hope mrprez wasn’t referring to me when he says he was insulted. Not my intention. But I’ll be honest with you. You can’t let things people say on this forum bother you. I’ve already added Costco to my list of touchie subjects. Even then sometimes we learn

I don’t see costco as a touchy subject, just that people are quick to point out when statements are made about it which are flat out wrong or misleading, that’s all… I have yet to have heard anything specific about why a $6000 ha from a private audi helps me any better than one from Costco. Now if you want oticon then you have no choice as costco doesn’t carry them, but otherwise… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not you. The researcher.

When did I say you didn’t know what you were talking about? I was merely responding to your statement about how you thought Costco had no variety. If you meant no variety for different types of hearing loss, you should have said that. I interpreted it to mean no variety of brands and types.

1 Like

Well you interpreted it wrong. But you look like you have your hands full on this thread so I’ll move on

Not my thread. I posted my findings and was attacked. Not by you.

As mentioned, please don’t take everything too seriously.
Many cultures on this forum with different personalities. Lots of different senses of humor.
For the most part a great bunch of people just trying to help each other.

3 Likes