What company will make the next Costco hearing aids?

My contact here said it will be a couple of months til we see new ones. Also, I think the Easy Line App covers Phonak as well as the KS models

Iā€™ve never tried to see if EasyLine App will work on Phonak hearing aids, but there is a distinct MyPhonak App. It used to work on KS9, but no longer does. My guess is that EasyLine will not work on Phonak aids.
Edit: I was in error. MyPhonak app still works on KS9.

Also, curious about "your contact.ā€™ My take is that only people pretty high up in Costcoā€™s management know whatā€™s coming up. What I got from staff was that to expect something new before the end of the year, which happened with the Jabra Enhance Pro 10 and not to expect anymore Kirkland models. I think Phillips and Rexton are likely due for replacement models sometime in 2023.

MyPhonak still works with KS9 on Android.

Interesting. Have you updated to most recent version of MyPhonak or are you using an older version? My KS9 used to work with MyPhonak but quit when I updated. Perhaps I didnā€™t troubleshoot enough.

I canā€™t see that happening. Costco already offers the Jabra which is a Resound One 9. Why would Resound undercut their own Jabra by offering their next level of aid at a lesser of a price?

I think Iā€™m using the latest version ā€” 6.2.3 updated on October 28.

Just tried again.
no problem.

Think about he KS9 and KS10.
Top of the line Phonak aids
Costco sold both Phonak and their KS aids.
Go figure.

1 Like

Yeah I thought about that as well, but only time will tell.

Clarification: The current Jabra Enhance Pro 10 is similar to the Omnia. I donā€™t see them becoming the next Kirkland model either.

My understanding is that they switched to the Jabra branding because the Bernafon branding was not selling well at Costco. Capturing a KS model would increase their sales for at least a year or 2.

I assume ā€œJaneā€™sā€ is a typo, maybe for Jabra? Jabra is new name for Resound. Phillips replaced Bernafon.

2 Likes

Sorry. Stoopid autocorrect.
You are correct, of course. They replaces Bernafon branding with Phillips.

The Oticon Own is a In-Ear hearing aid.
No RIC or BTE variants, but it does use the Polaris Chip, so same tech as More (or less).

My $$$ for Costco is on Mattell!!
Barbie & Ken for the family, at Kirkland low prices!!

1 Like

@flashb1024: So, the answer is Yes!

(Re: Costco: Is that because , when Ken suggested to Barbie that they make little Legos together, she said ā€œWhy donā€™t you stick it in your earā€?)

3 Likes

More or Less!! My friend.

2 Likes

EasyLine finds my Phonak Audeo M90-R, but a pop-up says they are not compatible.

I ordered Philips HL 9030 from Costco last week. Is this the latest generation from Oticon or an older model

No. Itā€™s not an Oticon white label as such. It has the same chip as the Oticon OPN S but itā€™s firmware and algorithms have been more derived from Bernafon - a sister company of Oticon or the Sonic Enchant. There is a big thread on the Phllips 9030 - itā€™s launch and subsequent speculation over itā€™s make up and design, if you search for it.

Edit: This is the link

2 Likes