What company will make the next Costco hearing aids?

The Oticon Own is a In-Ear hearing aid.
No RIC or BTE variants, but it does use the Polaris Chip, so same tech as More (or less).

My $$$ for Costco is on Mattell!!
Barbie & Ken for the family, at Kirkland low prices!!

1 Like

@flashb1024: So, the answer is Yes!

(Re: Costco: Is that because , when Ken suggested to Barbie that they make little Legos together, she said “Why don’t you stick it in your ear”?)

3 Likes

More or Less!! My friend.

2 Likes

EasyLine finds my Phonak Audeo M90-R, but a pop-up says they are not compatible.

I ordered Philips HL 9030 from Costco last week. Is this the latest generation from Oticon or an older model

No. It’s not an Oticon white label as such. It has the same chip as the Oticon OPN S but it’s firmware and algorithms have been more derived from Bernafon - a sister company of Oticon or the Sonic Enchant. There is a big thread on the Phllips 9030 - it’s launch and subsequent speculation over it’s make up and design, if you search for it.

Edit: This is the link

2 Likes

@glucas: Bernafon + Costco =

Bosco brand Hearing Devices … “When you’re cheap, but insist on the very best … Bosco

2 Likes

I’m not cheap, wear the Philips Hearlink aids and like them a lot, and am highly offended by this post!

3 Likes

Cheap in meaning may be more offensive for Americans than Canadians or British. !!

1 Like

Another good thread getting derailed by off topic posts.
Moderation needed.

5 Likes

Woah there, careful with your words. Bernafon engineers are not cheap. they are highly specialized people there, they cost Demant millions of dollars each year after trying to develop a solution, Did you know the Speech rescue was developed by Bernafon engineers, not oticon engineer…

2 Likes

@Raudrive: I have already flagged my own post and referred it to the attention of @rasmus_braun . I will happily make any changes he indicates to me, or accept its deletion, should he decide that a bit of off-topic jocularity is inappropriate.

2 Likes

@ssa : You are taking a play on words for fun far too seriously. I’m not looking to start a fight, for Pete’s sake!

2 Likes

Oh I know :slight_smile:

Be mindful of the people who make solutions, if i were a employee of that company, i would be offended by this.

1 Like

I agree completely. The level of off topic posts on this forum is verging on making it useless.

4 Likes

@ssa: Must be a pretty insecure place to work if that is the case. Anyway, if you’re serious about being offended, please feel free to flag my post for moderation.

I was told that a lot of Costco management and investors would like to get out of the hearing aid business. It is a lot of trouble and loses money.

2 Likes

@Psych1: For whatever my expression of opinion is worth, I can see a faction of management and shareholders saying this. However, with the burgeoning “Silver Market” and the cost of health care devices heretofore produced by tightly held oligopolies, I’d put money into a whole spate of OTC health care products similar to HAs, but targeting sleep disorders, incontinence and ostomy hygiene, wheelchairs, walkers and motorized devices, etc.

Even if Costco had to spin off a whole new division, I believe that it could do a bang-up job servicing this market that local pharmacies currently exploit as cash cows.

7 Likes

Agree that Costco could, and probably will, go big on OTC. But they will probably be sold in the department that also sells TVs and cartridges for printers.

2 Likes

That’s a terrific idea! But even then, markets could be tricky. I’m with Kaiser. I bought a brand new, most current top of the line cpap machine for about three hundred bucks through them. I didn’t even realize what a good deal I got until later. (NOT the recalled Phillips!!). likewise, I receive steep discounts on masks and supplies through Kaiser, who can buy in bulk and drive for better prices from manufacturers. Recent legislation seems to have allowed for this last with other providers as well. So…everything is in flux, and its hard to see how things will shake out. OTC hearing aid market as well! I can see Costco going in that direction and abandoning their current sales–no need to hire and audi and all the rest in the emerging otc market.

Hey, have I mentioned that I grew up in Kirkland, Wa., home of the first Costco? I remember my mom talking about it. I was too busy with Jefferson Airplane and all the rest to notice. Too bad! I could be a retired executive (or clerk) by now! MIssed opportunity #3,0022.

2 Likes