Waiting for Roger On iN version 2, but in the meantime . .

So my audi’s going to install the Roger receiver software in my Lumity 90s next week, hurray. She tells me there’s a new version of the Roger On iN coming out in June or July, and I asked to be put on the list for a shiny new one as soon as it comes out.

But in the meantime! I’m thinking of finding a refurbished or used Select on eBay to use until the On iN 2.0 arrives. If the HAs have the Roger receiver software activated, do I look for a Select iN, or would the plain Select (no iN) serve the purpose?

(It’s so confusing.)

1 Like

If your Lumity’s have the receiver licenses installed, the plain Select should do (no iN)

1 Like

Thank you! It’ll be useful to have the Select device on hand, even after the new On arrives. It never hurts to have a backup.

Do make sure you’re understanding your audi correctly. Licenses don’t just come from nowhere. Typically they involve a purchase of either an iN device or Roger X receivers.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll double check with her. There’s a lot to learn!

2 Likes

@Zebras Thanks for the screenshot. Interesting. Do you have a link to that site, as I can’t find it by searching. Thanks!

@Mike59

It’s disappeared.

Not sure why.

Think Phonak have taken it down.

I’m thinking Ruth, if your screenshot is anything to go by, there isn’t any massive overall improvement on the Roger On 2, but most likely the price hike will not be proportionate? Probably removed to keep the HOH mushrooms in the dark, no point in in curtailing sales of version 1, if folks know, they will rightly wait on version 2… Acutely aware, I am a cynical old so in so :upside_down_face: but perhaps the manufacturers induce this in some of us? As always, YMMV… Cheers Kev :wink:

I don’t think there is, from what I read.

It’s just for the On to work with laptops and online calls which don’t they all do now with the docking station and audio cable? That’s how I use Teams at the moment. I might of misunderstood tho.

1 Like

Never used Teams Ruth, I have used Zoom on a few occasions, it works perfect with the TV Connector 2, but I am certain you are aware of that… :smile: A “Far” cheaper option TBH… Cheers Ke :wink:

1 Like

It’s the only thing the NHS will use. I have some virtual hospital appointments each week.

1 Like

Agreed, Kev. And I don’t quite get the headset mode. I also use Zoom and/or Teams, but cope really well with either the TV Connector or by direct Bluetooth pairing.

I am, however, intrigued by @Zebras screenshot … the bit that is at the bottom ‘Why is MultiBeam 2.0 Technology not working?’ :thinking:

1 Like

Some people don’t activate the MultiBeam 2.0 technology within the App. You have to activate it first before it’ll work. This is with the current Roger On.

2 Likes

@Zebras I can’t see how to activate it. When I go to Settings in the myRogerMic app, I don’t get the options I should do. Just the name of the RogerON which I can edit.

The user guide shows an illustration of what the options should be (including Multibeam 2.0 and Range Extender), but I get neither. :thinking:

I wonder if you On needs a firmware update?

If I remember rightly, I’ve had to update my On but I’ve never played with the Roger App. I’m not for one to deal with Apps.

Despite being in my 30s, I would love to not own a smartphone!

1 Like

@Zebras No, it’s up to date, but thanks anyway. And I don’t really want to use the app a lot, I’d just be interested to see if Multibeam 2.0 is any better in a noisy situation. Frustrating! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

@Mike59

Have you got the On turned on at the same time as using the App and connected to both HAs?

MultiBeam 2.0 only works with 2 x RogerDirect activated which makes me think it all needs to be on and connected before that feature possibly shows up? Pretty sure it only works in Table Mode as well.

1 Like

Yep. All connected with two Roger 03s installed. Tried re-pairing etc. Locked in table mode. Never mind! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes