Waiting for Roger On iN version 2, but in the meantime . .

This is interesting, if slightly confusing. Phonak’s description sounds pretty much how I use my current generation Roger ON In - making my KS10s effectively a headset for Teams calls at work (my employer supplied laptop has locked Bluetooth so direct streaming to my KS10s isn’t an option). Perhaps it’ll come in cool new colours…

Yes this is how I use mine.

Apparently this new On will stream sound with the USB only connecting the On to the laptop but again, think Phonak are barking up the wrong tree and could have put the money elsewhere.

2 Likes

The Phonak posting reveals that the hardware in the next iteration is different.

They likely would NOT upgrade hardware just to support USB connection.

What else prompted the change by Phonak?

Will this next iteration be necessary to access future firmware updates?

Does the new hardware platform signal the end of evolution on the current platform?

Phonak has set itself apart with BT support thus far–not USB options.

1 Like

My Audi says his Phonak rep told him Roger On 2 might be coming out next month! He didn’t have info on what the new features or sound improvements might be, other than a 'headphone mode" which didn’t sound very exciting.

Does anybody have any knowledge about what it might have?

I have a Select iN and I’m thinking of upgrading to an On iN (via eBay) for better directionality, but maybe I should wait for the On 2…

I was told, supposedly sourced informally from Phonak, that the next version would have volume buttons on the base unit and allow conversations via the wired USB connection. I have elected to trial the 1st generation as those features are not very important to me. I have not yet begun the trial.

1 Like

Current docking station has volume control already.

Yep that’s it! No other features.

3 Likes