Veteran with questions

Thank you everyone very much appreciated

2 Likes

What exactly do you mean by “the clip?” Can you provide the name? I have Oticon Opn HAs and I have Oticon On on my Android phone, but it will not play music or make calls.

Big John

1 Like

It’s here, seems you don’t want to update the firmware on it tho, as there’s a lot of people having issues in this regard.

1 Like

Oticon ConnectClip

WH

2 Likes

Thanks. Seem a bit pricey on Amazon. Guess I’ll have to ask the VA for one.

2 Likes

They will be happy to set you up with one if it isn’t time for new HAs.

WH

1 Like

If you’re a Vet, never ever buy HA supplies or accessories.
The VA supplies everything.
Get the CClip
Get the Remote control
Get the TV Streamer (if needed), too.

5 Likes

I’m picking up Starkey Genesis AI ITE devices today from the VA.

3 Likes

Hey there that’s great news. Please give me some feed back after you get them

Does the VA lock aids or can you get the program and link device and do it yourself? I have Resound and would like to program it myself.

Not sure if you can program your own hearing aids yourself but if you are vet and have access to the Audiologist at the VA I’m sure they would help you with anything you would want. They are a fabulous group with the only focus is helping you.

Not locked, they are the same models sold elsewhere as near as I can tell. You can get the Noah wireless on line and the software via links provided in the DYI area. Noah connects to mine.

1 Like

The VA don’t lock your HAs, you can DIY if you wish, you’ll also need the Noahlink wireless programming device to do this.

1 Like

The only problem I see is that if anything breaks and you try and get service they may decline as possibly your fault and not the manufacturers! Under the current climate I doubt it but things can change fast.

2 Likes

The biggest problem i see is if you update the aids beyond what the VA authorities then the VA audiologist cannot adjust the aids.

2 Likes

I think you’re right, as this is a technical/contractual limitation, not anything to do with the desire to assist on the audiologist’s part. If they can’t upgrade to a version of the fitting sw needed to access what you’ve upgraded them to, then you’re out of luck for a while.

WH

1 Like

Yes it is a limitation of the VA IT SECURITY Protocols

Hi folks,

I’m heading in for a replacement pair of resound HA. Old ones are….old, and past service life

BACKGROUND:
I am newbie here and have a question for any of the VA audio clinic pros.

I do have a NOAH wireless and fitting software installed as a standalone. Been successfully practicing DIY setting changes with my old phonak HA.

QUESTION:
When I get my new issue (resound), would I be crossing a line by asking my VA audiologist for the initial fitting export file (xml) and hard copy of patient fitting report when I get initially fitted?

I’d really like to have a solid “hearing pro” created file as starting point on my standalone system

This way a have a failsafe backup as I want to continue DIY fine tuning my new ones without worry of loosing my starting point.

Thank you and have a great day!

I have been gettimg my aids from the VA for almost 20 years, I don’t do any DIY of my own aids so I have dealt with this question, but my suggestion is to have an honest and open talk with your audiologist about doing it yourself. My audiologist is very open with me setting down and watching what does then we discuss and experiment with the settings and i sometimes request settings and changes.

You won’t have to ask for these, everything is stored in the HAs, so you can easily make 2 clients and copy your original audiology settings into one for “backup” and another client for your DIY projects.

1 Like