Using the cochlear nucleus 7 with a resound hearing aid

Has anyone had any experience with using a resound hearing aid in one ear and a cochlear nucleus 7 in the other. Were you able to sync them together with your apple phone, and what are the advantages to it.

1 Like

I have the N6 and have resound hearing aid in the other ear and use all of the devicesā€¦Phone clip, MiniMic2 and TV streamer. I have an android phone and the app works well with the resound HA. I understand that more features are available with the Apple products. Streams well with bluetooth to both ears using the app and the accessories.

@Deaf_piper I think is getting a resound aid to use with his/her N7.

yep. she mentioned that!

@Zebras I am indeed. My appointment is on Tuesday to discuss what Resound would be best for me, and to go with my N7. So it will be a couple of weeks before Iā€™m up and running though. At this stage I donā€™t know very much about Resound or what they are meant to do. Other than what the Resound and Cochlear advertising material tell me they do. As Iā€™ve only been activated 4 weeks now. Iā€™ve only ever had Phonak aids until now.

Resound is made for the Cochlear brand and Apple have worked in together. I believe they all work very well and pair easily.

@touches with the N7 you donā€™t need the phone clip, it streams beautifully without it. The mini mic and TV streamer you do need with the N7 still.

How well are you hearing now?

@bsexton7 do you mean with the CI? Iā€™ve only been activated 4 weeks now. The ear that has the CI has only been profoundly deaf for 3 years, and Iā€™ve had bilateral aids for the last 6-7 yrs.

I was one of the lucky ones I could understand speech within 5 minutes of activation, but Iā€™m struggling with environmental soundsā€¦When I stream I have a very ā€œnormalā€ sounding (pre CI) voice talking to me. Without the streaming itā€™s still a bit robotic, but getting better every week. As yet I donā€™t have my Resound aid, thatā€™s happening this coming Tuesday to start the ball rolling for that. I havenā€™t bothered to have my Phonak connected to my CI as I would have had to buy all sort of extras to do so. Another reason not to connect my CI to my Phonak, means Iā€™m working that ear constantly all the time without any support from the other ear.

I will only ever be bimodal as the surgeon thinks my L ear is most likely congenital and would be unlikely to get a really positive result from going bilateral.

I have the Resound Linx Quattro 7 UP with my Nucelus 7. After the FDA approval for software modification, I was able to pair the Quattro with the N7. It wasnā€™t possible before july 2019 due to the software modification requiring the Custom Sound software needed approval from FDA. I got it paired and see HA and CI as one combined system for iOS devices.

1 Like

@ssa with the Quattroā€™s are they the rechargeable or battery style please?

I got the Rechargeable variant but there is no telecoil in that versionā€¦

@ssa to be able to pair ā€˜easilyā€™ with the N7 I was told I need any of the Resound 3D aids. All the other aids made by Resound would need the phone clip for connectivity. Is this not the case?

@Deaf_piper No, the audiologist got outdated information. CI audiologist called Cochlear back in june. They said there a custom sound software update for Quattro pairing with Nucleus 7 for MFI capability.
Here is my MFI pairing, Resound RE761-DRWC (Linx Quattro 7 rechargeable variant) and Cochlear CP1000 (Nucleus 7)

1 Like

See cochlearā€™s bimodal site, Smart Bimodal Hearing | Nucleus Hearing Systems | Cochlear Americas

With compatible ReSound hearing aids: ReSound LiNX Quattro,ā„¢ ReSound LiNX 3Dā„¢ and ReSound ENZO 3D.ā„¢

1 Like

@ssa other Resound Lynx and enzo aids are compatible also. But not the direct route, you have to have the phone clipā€¦

You mean the linx and enzo 2 and older donā€™t support direct streaming through mfiā€¦

@ssa yes Lynx2 and Enzo 2 line and older need a phone clip. They will still stream but through the phone clip.

Yes, i have both and how they work together is fantastic. I also have the tv streamer and mini-mic both of which are absolutely fantastic. I lost hearing 45 years ago when my right ear was smacked by a wave in the ocean. My left ear is very very poor. The Resound is in my left ear and cochlear in right. Without both of them i would hear very very little.
One recommendation that is worth its weight in the world is to have a cochlear mentor. You would not believe all the questions you will have and how their experience will help you.
Anyone having any questions i would be glad to see if i can answer them.

3 Likes

@rzechman I agree about getting a Cochlear mentor. The first one I had was out of state, South Carolina. He helped, but not as well as my second who lives nearby. I was still a bit hesitant on getting my implant, but in talking with her, she got me over my hesitancy. Weā€™re friends now and we met at her house and had lunch and talked after I was activated.

Iā€™m not saying that an out of state mentor isnā€™t good. Itā€™s the mentor themselves. My second happened to work out great and she just happened to be local. Get a mentor and if they enjoy talking about their implant and their experience, the better.

Hi
I was implanted last week and waiting to be activated in my right ear. This is all a new adventure for me and would love some advice and support from experienced cochlear implant users

2 Likes

Tell us how you are feeling.
Which implant did you get? I have Cochlear CI612 implants.
Which processor do you plan to use?

Lots of stuff going on in your head right now. Ask questions.
Do you have a mentor helping you?