Using compass for the first time

hello, i am new to widex compass and i would like to know if there is an option to retrive the current setup of my HAs. Do i have to set them up from the beginning? That means i will have to add my audiogram manually or perform a test with the HAs?

ps. i have all the hardware and software required

thank you

I don’t use Compass/Widex. But for any brand hearing aids you should be able to;

1. Create a client in the database, maybe manually enter Audiogram chart (Some brands carry audiogram chart inside the hearing aids)
  2. Start a fitting session for that client
  3. Detect/Connect to the hearing aids

When you connect your hearing aids, the fitting software should ask whether you want to use the hearing aid settings or the database settings? That should answer your question.

When you Finish/Complete/End your fitting session, the fitting software should give you options to save your changes to the hearing aids, the database, both, or none?

The above gives you control over any/all of the settings? Caution: Fitting sessions are sometimes compressed in your view of the database clients so you may need to click folder/arrows to open subsequent sessions. Also see the related thread below;

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help! I will give it a try.

i couldnt get the hearing aids to connect. compass can see the pro link but hearing aids are not detected. is there any chance that are locked by the audi?

• Are you trying to achieve a wireless connection?
  • Are you trying to achieve a connection using cables plus pills or boots?
  • What model hearing aids?
  • Did you look inside the software for connection instructions?
  • Can you post any pictures of the above?

Wired connection for cic evoke 330, with compass v. 4.0.123.0.

I know for sure that the pro link communicates with compass. But it wont connect to the HAs.
I dont see any usable tutorial or something because for the tutorial to start i must connect to the HA first.

Are the battery pills reversible 180 degrees? Or do they only fit one way?

Ok missed the fact that the pro link connector has a battery too which was not in there :smile: my bad! All good now. Connected! Thanks for willing to help buddy! Appreciated

1 Like