User Review of Whisper Hearing Aids

Exactly, MrSpud … Exactly!

2 Likes

@flashb1024: That’s Perfect,
Mr :zap:Flash:zap:Perfect!

(I’m really enjoying the zest that your sense of humour and dry whit bring to the Forum, :zap:Flash :zap:)

2 Likes

Maybe it’s safe to go back to this topic now? I’m wondering if Whisper users have heard any whispers about new developments. Whisper 2?

I contacted them recently about what appears to be a delay, and they told me that they were having supply chain issues.

This is a new hardware version that’s been delayed?

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you so much for reviewing your Whisper Hearing Aids. I’m so impressed with your review.

My conventional hearing aids have been a challenge. My issues are word recognition and complaints from my wife that I’m ignoring her when we are watching movies/tv together.

I’m very interested in learning more, and hoping that they soon offer Whisper Hearing Aids in Canada. I would love to try them and really need better hearing aids.

DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

Can Whisper fitting be done in a DIY fashion?

I guess it could, if you can get your hands on the fitting software. The Brain connects to the PC via USB, not Noahlink Wireless.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to read anything about Whisper that would entice me to try it or put up with carrying a device in my pocket to get the full functionality of the hearing aids.

Do you carry a phone in your pocket?

Let me tell you about my recent experience with my Whisper hearing aids.

My wife and I were watching TV when the battery in my right ear went dead. I completely lost the sound from the TV. I asked my wife if there was something wrong with our Wi-Fi transmission, but she said there wasn’t. I realized that I was getting nothing from my left hearing aid.

What made this particularly odd was that Is that I was able to hear static when I rubbed my ear piece lightly, which is how I normally check to see if it’s on and working. Unfortunately my audiologist was away on vacation and the other Audi isn’t trained on Whisper. However, she did change the receiver to see if that would make a difference. It didn’t. She sent me to have my ears checked for wax. The ENT said that was not a problem. I called Whisper and was given a remote appointment with a tech. He ran through a series of troubleshooting procedures. Nothing resolved the problem. He concluded that the hearing aid must be bad and told me that Whisper would replace the set at no charge, which they did. By the time they arrived, my Audi was back fro vacation and fitted them. However, the problem persisted.

As it turned out, he had used the old receiver and wire to attach to the new ear piece. So upon further investigation, he figured out that the problem was that the wire connecting the ear piece and the receiver was bad. He replaced the wire.

Once the left hearing aid was working again, it was a revelation! I couldn’t believe how well I was hearing. I was no longer asking people to repeat words. I had forgotten just how good these hearing aids are. It made me wonder just how long that the wire had been broken and I had been walking around with just one functioning hearing aid and what was for all practical purposes an ear plug in the other ear. I only discovered the fact that the left hearing aid was non-functional by accident.

I am now thrilled with my old/new hearing, feeling like I have rediscovered them all over again. I can say without reservation that they work great . . . When I don’t have a bad wire. :sunglasses: :thinking:

3 Likes

I have a confession. I stopped taking the brain along quite a while ago. The Whispers seem to work fine without it.

2 Likes

Yes, Whisper says that the brain is only needed in challenging environments. You can adjust the volume from the Whisper app as well as from the brain.

2 Likes

The app connects through the Brain.

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t use the app, so I didn’t know that. So, I guess that Happy Mach sets it and forgets it when he goes out without his brain. No volume adjustments.

I never adjust volume from its initial setting, to be honest. Why do others adjust volume?

Low talkers, varying amplification of TV, environmental noise, etc.

Looks like a couple of our users are unwitting reviewers for Forbes.

1 Like

Yeah, this (forum content ending up in publications or other web sites) is what I had in mind when I opted to fight trash-talking against Whisper, rather than just blocking the offenders.