USB Hi-Pro knockoffs

If I read correctly I have the capability to be 2.0 USB?

Probably on one of your connectors. You will have to check each one to see which one…

It could be all of them…how old is your computer?? know the name of the motherboard or tower? What OS do you have??

In short, here are the requirements for the Phonak iPFG, for example:

https://www.phonakpro.com/com/b2b/en/professional_tools/fitting_equipment/software/system_requirements.html

If you can’t satisfy the minimum requirements, the USB being 1.1 or 2.0 will be moot. The older machines made back in the early 2000’s will be more than likely make the minimum processing speed, and the requirement of the USB did not specify version, but it won’t hurt to have 2.0.

Even RAM is important, minimum to run iPFG is 512 MB of RAM, plus what you need to run the machine…

Quote of the day!:):):slight_smile:

too kind:o:o:o

Custom made desk top about 3yrs old now. 2g ram on Windows xp sp3
Not positive how to tell the mother board brand/model.
Computer has plenty of power/speed

your system already looks like it has USB 2 in all ports…if you don’t, you need to update your drivers. In the device manager, look for exclamation marks, that’s usually an driver issue…

I have exactly the same problem. Please let me know if you find a solution - I will do the same. Meanwhile I am using the old computer.

I also have the Bluetooth-based Noahlink Programing unit with an Ezurio Bluetooth adapter. I was able to run it on one of our Vista computers but not on the the other one. So it seems that Noahlink is also a bit flaky on Vista.

I can see why Phonak finally decided to build its own programmer. HIMSA just isn’t up to the technical task.

To solve the same problem I bought a Serial card for my computer.
Works perfectly now.

good idea - cleaner more direct approach than a USB to serial (RS232C) adapter. Which card did you get?

(I should give it a try assuming my previous thrashing around hasn’t irretrievably mucked up drivers and our Vistas’ COM port management)

Rosewill RC-300.

from www.newegg.com?? I seem to recognize the Rosewill brand from this company (my favorite technology seller :smiley: )

I’m not sure where it was bought, but that’s the one :slight_smile:

Less than $10 from Hong Kong on EBay. Like this one… Click -> HERE

Thanks alpine.

Looking at Newegg reviews for it, it appears that some RC300 users were successful letting Vista32 find its own driver rather than make available the one that is supplied with the unit

I still run XP Pro. I used the disk that came with the card to install the drivers.

Happy to be able to program myself, not so that speech recognition with
Smart V’s is not what I’d expect!!!

Have you looked into Audiogramdirect?

I’m not sure what you mean by looked into it?
That is how I set the parameters to program my aids.
I began self programing using the audiogram that my audiologist made.
The one I did with audiogramdirect is much more suited to my needs.

Comment and question.

First the comment … as someone who uses USB-to-Serial adapters everyday, I would recommend that you find one with the FTDI chipset inside. It should be advertised by the cable maker as this is the gold standard for these types of converters.

Question … does the USB version of the Hi-Pro install itself as something special or is it just a virtual serial port?

Sorry, the picture was lost.

Funny, thanks. Can you see if it also shows up under “Ports (COM & LPT)”?