Upgrade from Phonak Naída V UP

I do not have those same aids, but have Costco’s KS9T (with telecoil) and can confirm it has the 4 pin connection. It also works with NL Wireless and for me the NL Wireless is MUCH more convenient, but for occasional use, the wires and HiPro work fine. On mine, opening battery door exposes connection. I suspect it’s the same with P70 UP.

Thanks, Yes I rather put the money into a tv connector verses this for the amount that I will hopefully required self programming. :slight_smile:

It has been a long time since I’ve started this topic, but I’m proud to say I finally upgraded to my new Paradise Naida UP (70)!

Obviously, my brain is still trying to get acclimated to the overall sounds, but surprised that it is not that far off from my old aids. I did revert to the size 13 tubing (from my slim-tube). Bluetooth is a game changer right off the back. It was important for me to make sure my settings were right for work (Skype calls). I had T-coil programmed in but discovered that the Bluetooth direct streaming is night and day difference in terms of volume and clarity. Worried that it won’t pick up my voice well from my aids versus my headset, but I found that I can use both (headset just for the mic and Bluetooth streaming to my aids)!

Speech sounds a little “flat” or soft yet, but want to give it some time before I adjust. With that being said, the myphonak app is a great tool to experiment a little.

My only minor disappointment so far is how slow the app is with connectivity. But I think that is just due to the overall technology?

1 Like

My Naida Paradise 70 UP aids has the 4 pin port however l had no issues updating the firmware to my aids using the Noahlink wireless device.

1 Like

Congratulations…
The bigger sound tubes should really help with gain compared to the slimtubes.
The Phonak hands free Bluetooth is amazing. Now that I have moved to Cochlear that hands free Bluetooth is not available. I sure miss that.

I wore the Phonak V90 and M90 aids. The newer aids are definitely better once tuned right.
Self tuning is a good thing.

I just recieved the Noahlink wireless and it is so much better than trying to connect with the 4 pin. Notice that the pins are reccess in more than the previous version. Wireless is the way to go if you do any self programming.

2 Likes

I’m really loving my new Paradise aids. As mentioned before, Bluetooth is a game changer for someone like me with my loss.

For the first week of my aids, I was struggling to find the proper adjustments for speech, as the sounds seem too muddled, but the volumn was ok. Long story short, after fooling around with the G50 parameters for speech that helped a little, I decided to try one of the other algorithm (from my current Phonak adaptive digital) to the adaptive digital Contrast.

All I can say is WOW, it was like my speech world opened up with clarity! Seem like I’m one that does benefit from slow compression and I regret that I didn’t know about this sooner. I’m wondering if this is also related to the fact that I grew up with analog aids and my brain is recognizing these sounds again?

Again, very please overall with these aids.

3 Likes