Trying phonak audeo paradise 90's

i’m trying out phonak audeo paradise 90’s … I’ve had them for about 5 days…
I really like the automatic program and am hearing much better than with my resound 1’s… I haven’t had much opportunity to try the other prog’s … If I do purchase them I will get the Audeo Life model …
the 1 thing I don’t really care for as does everyone else is there app. version 4.0.6 it SUCKKKS … I got really spoiled with the resound app which would be a 10 rating compared to this app at about a 4 rating … I don’t like that every time I close the app and reopen it you have to wait for it to re-connect to bluetooth … also when using the tv streamer the only adjustment you have is a slide bar for more TV or surroundings… nothing at all to adjust treble or bass …
I have 1 question when on the program selection page there are 2 icons toward the top … All and Push button when app is opened it’s set to ALL what is the purpose of the Push Button icon ?? when I switch to it it seems to do the same thing as ALL???
I’m hoping battery life is going to be much better with a new pair of the Audeo Life’s I wear the HA’s about 15/16 hrs. a day and these demo’s I have run down to about 25/30% after about 13/14 hr’s. with a couple hr’s. of streaming … I stream TV a lot more on weekends watching sports …

2 Likes

Hi,
Interested in your comments since I have Resound One’s. Did you have rechargeable One’s? Mine have at least 40% battery still available after 16 hrs with a few hours of streaming.
Maybe if possible, you could post your audiogram. I was told I wasn’t a good candidate for the Phonaks because of my loss.
What is it about the sound that you like better? Did you decide to trial these Phonak’s because you were unhappy with the One’s ? Tnx

yes I have the rechargeable and battery life is awesome with the resounds… I’ve had the 1’s for 1 1/2 yrs. and lately have needed many adjustments and still struggle hearing… My hearing loss was job related (30 yrs in an auto factory with minimal hearing protection)…
I’m lucky in that I won a workmans compensation claim and have all my hearing related needs paid for 100% … I actually tried out starkey livio edge for 3 weeks and didn’t see much difference in my hearing. I don’t have my audiogram to post… my hearing loss is severe in the higher decibels … with the phonaks I just seem to hear much better … voices seem clearer and not garbled… I play a lot of outdoor sports and I am shocked how different things sound … much clearer and crisper … next week I hope to be able to try some of the other programs besides the main automatic (autoSense OS) I’m looking forward to trying out the restaurant program I really struggle in that environment

Thanks for the reply. I do some self programming and am pretty satisfied with mine but it did take a fair amount of adjustments and custom molds to get where im at today. But restaurants and noisy situations still are challenging as well as soft spoken females. I use a MiniMic for restaurant situations and that helps a lot. So, have you decided to keep the Phonak’s?

i’m leaning towards them… I will demo them for a couple more weeks before I decide… I’ll let you know

Don’t count on better battery life on the new Phonak aids. I have new Costco KS10’s, equivalent to the Phonak P90. After 16 hours of wearing them with an hour or so of streaming, they’re down to 10%. Put them in the charger when you don’t need to wear them, such as when you shower. If you have the option, opt out of rechargeable Phonaks.

Generally get 4 days out of Phonak P90/312 with only about 30 minutes of streaming a day.

1 Like

I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s.
They have taken a lot of time to set up. My audiologist is exceptional.

My last audiologist–I’m grateful I don’t go there anymore…enuff said. :wink:

I share the thoughts about the app. It’s caused me issues. I seem to spend even more time with phone in hand trying to see what program I’m in…and that’s rude.

Couple of things I’ve learned…

• in the auto program when I got to the app and see what program it’s selected, the screen doesn’t change. If I drop back to the auto program and then then check again, the program has changed…

For instance I beside an extremely noisy electric hand dryer at work. Program was noisy environment…auto. Waited a while after the hand dryer quit. the display stayed the same…

Went back to the the “Remote Control” screen then clicked the “3 lines + 3 dots” notice at the bottom. It brought up "Normal Situation (Automatic) notice. I wish the display changed as the program changed the programs automatically.

And…I missed the bottom screen completely for a long long time…

On Remote Control (App display) scrolling the screen down on my iphone—there’s an additional function I knew nothing about!
DYNAMIC!
there is a setting to change…

Decrease Loud…Increase Soft

I have bad hearing due to exposure to noise. I hear words better by sliding this control two notches into “increase soft”

BUT—now the hearing aid stays locked into whatever settings it was in. In other words, I think my hearing aids then are not automatic, and do not change progreams. And I think the only way around this is to have my audiologist reprogram the AUTOMATIC functions and save it to my hearing aids. I can’t do it myself.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying the Audeo Paradise 90T for about a month. The difference between the “All” Programs and the “Push button” programs in the Remote Control screen is that all programs are listed under “All,” but only the “Push button” programs will cycle when you medium-press the rocker switch. BTW, if you have a TV Connector, that will also cycle when you medium-press the button, even though it’s not listed under “Push button” programs. I don’t know how you can add or subtract “Push button” programs, and my audie couldn’t figure it out, either.

Also, I opted for the battery model instead of the rechargeable version because I stream a lot (from my phone and from my TV), so I was concerned the rechargeable version wouldn’t last an entire day on a charge. Does anyone have experience with the P90R under heaving streaming?

3 Likes

I stream a lot and before I got the TV Connectors and the Roger On mic, I ran out of juice in the last half hour a couple times a week. I switched up a few things, so it is hard to say, but I got the roger and a couple tv connectors, and also had my BT master switched to the left (better) ear and since there isn’t as much amplification going on, I think it gives me a little more time. I also got a firmware update in there, so a number of variables changed, but I think I’ve run out of juice twice since January. The Roger and the TV Connectors use a lot less juice than BT streaming. I use them both in place of BT streaming, except when I’m walking or shopping, etc. I even use a streamer in the car with an iPod. I think my audiologist said I stream more than any patient she’s had.

I like the tap controls and the directional changes that only come with the rechargeable. I could wish it were available in the disposable battery versions, but there you are. I’m not unhappy.

WH

1 Like

Yes, “All” should show all programs, “Push” should show the ones you’ve saved (although it seems a bit quirky).

To add a program: If you make a change to any of the parameters while in “Automatic” mode, it should come up with a “Save as” button at the bottom of the screen. This allows you to save it under any name. If you make a change to any saved program, it will ask if you want to update it.
To delete a saved program: Hit the three bars at the top of the main screen, go to “My hearing Aids”, go to “Programs”, select the program, then hit “Delete program.”

You’re right.
However, it saves the version of the Auto program it was in–for instance if you are in a quiet area, that’s what is saved. The new saved program is not automatic; if you go into a noisy environment you’re still in the auto-quiet area mode.

I experimented using my App in a washroom with a very noisy hand dryer.

I love the Resound app but I have been trialing the Resound one 9 for 6 weeks and although they are better then my older resound 3ds they lack clarity and are terrible when trying to talk in the car. I have hearing recruitment and this is difficult to program for. I have also tried Widex and Signia. I have demoed the Kirkland 10 and they sounded better versus the Resound Jabras but fitters at Costco do not understand had to program for Recruitment. I am taking a leap of faith and returning my Resound Ones for the Phonak P90 312s. I wear glasses and most rechargeables are larger and get in the way. In the end, I will miss the Resound app but I have to hear better. For me, singing, movies, church choir and musical theater have all been harsh with the aids I have tried even with musicians ear plugs. If you hear better with the Phonaks you should keep them. I hope mine work as well.

I wear my P90Rs for 16 hrs per day and stream (radio, audio, phone) for about half that time. (Is that heavy streaming?).
Usually the batteries will see me through, with them dropping to zero about once a month. (The right aid will drop out soonest, because it’s carrying the major BT load.)

3 Likes

Well I have tried rechargeable aids for around 3 months, detested them with a vengeance…. Battery anxiety was one reason, the other was, Li-on batteries have a known fault, they will cut out, and not reboot (until they are back in the charger) in adversely cold weather, the BMS (Battery Management System) will cut out in anything that has a sub-zero temperature, where I live, the UK Scottish Highlands, sub-zero temperature’s are fairly normal in the winter months, twice this happened to me in cold weather, working outside, in fairly challenging circumstances! Incommunicado each time, for about 6 hours or so, working with 5 very challenging, and potentially violent offenders, out in the sticks, on my own, anxiety levels went through the roof… Never again will I use rechargeable aids! My A.uD, must have been aware of this issue, when I told her, even though my 60 day trial was up, she swapped them out for the Marvel 90’s with the 13 replaceable batteries, without any hesitation whatsoever…. Nowadays we have the Phonak Naida Paradise 90 UP BTE’s, with 675 batteries, which last approximately, 11 to 12 days, with a couple of hours streaming per day, we are a much more happy, and contented bunny…. The all new singing, and dancing, My Phonak app, just released, is an added bonus…. Seems to work well, time will tell? Cheers Kev :grin:

2 Likes

I had loaner KS10’s for a couple of weeks and the right one was out of juice in 12 hours.

I have a pair of phonak p-90r post-it-note paperweights. The bigger problem with phonak, beyond the obvious software issues, is the manufacturer wants to keep close with its vendors but very distant and unhelpful to the people who pay the rent - end users or customers. After repeated failed attempt to find the often advertised but rarely if ever found, remote adjustments, I finally got a copy of the software and purchased the necessary hardware to do my own adjustments. Fortunately, I have video and audio adjusting and experience in my background. My two + year old hearing aids are now getting some limited use. Hopefully more use after I get them totally dialed in correctly.

1 Like

quick update on testing out paradise 90’s … went out to lunch the other day and tried the Restaurant program… I usually really struggle in a crowded noisy environment … I really liked the program, I made a couple adjustments in the program settings … I narrowed up the speech focus and increased the noise reduction and was really amazed how it shut down the noise and conversations beside and behind me and I could EASILY hear and understand my wife sitting across from me and that never happens

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re on that path.

I was frustrated for a while. My audi is excellent. I discovered the Dynamic function on the App. Dialed it up; turned volume down a little. I’m hearing much better.

Now I asked him to program this change and he did.

By the way the APP is revised. I like it much better than the old one. I had to get past the–what? where is this? stage…had to do some learning, but that was easy.

DaveL

Have the same experience. Right aid down when left is still at 39~40 %. Does recharge pretty fast 20~30 minutes to same level as left aid. Just put the right one in the charger during the day.