TruHearing's new Flyte 770 and 990 Models

I have a question about the Flyte hearing aids from Truhearing. They are made by ReSound. Does anyone know which ReSound models the Flyte match up with? I currently have Costco KS6 aids and wonder how much improvement the Flyte aids would give me. My Humana Medicare Advantage plan offers them for $1000 copay for the 990 model and a $700 copay for the 770 model.

1 Like

I’m just going from limited info, but it seems that the Flye 990 is similar to the Linx 3D 9 (and Costco’s Forte 8)
based on 17 channels and 4 programs and the 770 is similar to the Linx 3D 7 (based on 14 channels and 4 programs) Something I’d want to know is if the Truehearing aids are programmable by somebody else, or if they are locked. I have no idea.

1 Like

TruHearing Flyte 990 and 770 are similar to ReSound LiNX2 9 and 7, respectively. But the main limitation with TruHearing is the number of provider visits. You get one fitting appointment and two follow-up visits. After that, you pay out of pocket for any service.

1 Like

I stand corrected by Rasmus. Sounds like they’re previous generation.

I got an appointment thru Truhearing and visited my local audiologist. He said he had sold several of the Flyte 990s and people had been happy with them. It would be a step up from my KS6’s, which are the original Resound Linx. I am happy with the KS6’s except for their performance in a restaurant or party. Costco’s version of the Linx 3D is called the Forte and is $2600. It appears to me that the only big improvement from the Linx2 to the 3 is the remote programming. I will get 3 free fitting visits, and then have to pay $40 per visit after that. I can buy a lot of visits for the additional $600 at Costco. I have a 45 day trial period in case they don’t provide a noticeable improvement.

I like to change the settings on my KS6;s using the Iphone, and these will give me the additional options that Resound offers that aren’t on the KS6. They will have a telecoil and use the larger battery size too.

I will post again after I have some experience with them.

i went to the audiologist Wednesday and he fitted my new set of Flyte 990 hearing aids.
They are made for Truhearing by ReSound.
The audiologist made impressions for custom molds on my first visit and they had arrived too.
The molds he made fit me much better than the ones I had made at Costco. My wife says they
are invisible and not squealing like my old ones did.

He started me off with the generic program and they sounded terrific. His voice was so much clearer than he sounded with my old Costco KS6s. He said he would boost the sound up a notch when I come back for my 2 week visit. He set me up as an experienced user and not a beginner.

After I left the ENT’s office I stopped at an Aldi’s, and could hear the cashier perfectly. I usually have to ask her to repeat. I went to my Silver Sneakers class yesterday and tried out the Speech Focus and could understand everything the instructor was saying. I narrowed the focus to straight ahead.

My Resound TV Streamer II paired up with the new aids on the first try. I just had to turn the aids off, then press the Bluetooth Pairing button on the streamer, then power them back on. After I did that the TV Streamer appeared as a choice in the Truhearing Iphone app. The sound from the streamer seemed better too.

I have an appointment to go back in 2 weeks for a checkup. Truhearing limits you to 3 free visits but the audi is not counting this first one. With all the controls that the Iphone App gives me, I don’t think the visit limit will be a problem.

I give Truhearing Flyte aids a thumbs up rating so far.

1 Like

Hoping for other pro and con comments as I will be shopping soon! No Costco nearby.

Here is an interim report before my visit next week.

My first set of batteries lasted 6 days. The Flyte 990 uses the larger size 13 battery.

The earmolds on these fit much better than the Costco ones. I should have had Costco remake the ones
that they did for me. I get no feedback from these.

I had my most challenging test last Tuesday at our weekly Team Trivia game. The room they hold it in is super loud, and I am trying to hear the questions and the other 5 or 6 people on my team. The new HA’s passed with flying colors! I set them on the Party setting so I could use the Sound Enhancer’s Speech Focus to narrow the range. That worked great. I could hear the questions better than before, and I could understand my fellow players better too. You can download the Truhearing app from the App Store and play with in in Demo Mode. It looks the same as the previous version of the ReSound Linx app.

But other than that situation, I leave them set to All Around except when I’m watching TV. Then I use TV Streamer.