Trialing RIC. Longtime BTE user.

Hi,

I had a few questions. Audiologist suggesting the new Phonak Audeo Sphere, which is RIC, and I’ve used BTE my whole life. I think I am going to trial them out for a couple months.

I had a few questions for you all:

• Is there a Phonak BTE model from the past 2-3 years that is rechargeable and can handle my level of hearing loss?

• Currently, I am using Bolero B90-SP (non-rechargeable FYI), and I let them run in auto all day long, and I bluetooth a lot. They are great, I often hear better in loud crowded environments than those without hearing aids, haha. I run my bluetooth a good 4-8 hours a day. If I let these Phonak Audeo Sphere’s run in the same way, will they last for the day? I also will not be using any accessories. I will not carry around an external mic, etc…

• Do these newer hearing aids run in auto as effectively as my Bolero’s from 2017/18? Or are people having to control manually more often now?

• With this Sphere’s extra doodads, does it still work effectively in auto? I suppose not many people know this yet, but I would prefer to let it run itself.

• For those who do a heavy amount of snow sports or sweat a lot (lots of moisture) or rock climbing (rope dragging along side of head), and have RIC+rechargeable hearing aids (and even better, have used BTE+batteries before), what are your observations about its physical stability and resistence to moisture?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum!
There’s a Phonak Audéo Sphere
thread – suspect you’ll get lots more info if you post there with your questions.
-kate.

There’s the Phonak Naida Paradise PR which is rechargeable.

The Phonak Bolero B90 SP doesn’t have Bluetooth built in, are you using the Phonak ComPilot to access Bluetooth?

BTE are more robust. I tried the RIC Phonak Marvel a few years ago and it felt flimsy and more able to break then the BTE model.

I do a lot of climbing, hiking and kayaking.

I use a drying box to keep them in overnight, which also helps.