Transfer Phonak Roger X receivers between hearing aids

I am thinking @emile.heilbron… Auracast won’t be upon us anytime soon, it seems to be dragging on for ever… I will believe it, when I see it! Hopefully, the major manufacturers are close to implementing, and yes it will have a major impact on Sonova’s profits! If it ever gets off the ground? I am hearing on here, some folks have Auracast in there new aids, but it appears to be not working well, hopefully it is just a temporary glitch, and firmware updates will sort it out? Cheers Kev :wink:

SORRY OFF TOPIC…
This must be just a simple communication protocol between a sender and a receiver in theory. Now the practical effort will take a little time to build it. But it seams like heaven with many possibilities. Everyone is looking forwards.
But it is like with light bulbs, after that we had halogen then came LED. I started with the petrol candle light before that…

In 5- 10 years Auracast will be everywhere. Great for people, not us, who are also still there. My next generation HA will probably also still be without this feature.

2 Likes

Back to topic.
Just tried Roger upgrader on my empty pen In. No licence tab available.
@Zebras
@kevels55

1 Like

I am not at home just @michael1, I am up in Thurso, playing a pool tournament in the most northerly part of the British mainland, hopefully Ruth will be along to sort out your query, I have never used the Roger Pen iN, but I have 2 x Select iN’s, did you buy it second hand? Cheers Kev :wink:

It’s ok kev, just for information. I’m just confirming what I suspected.

2 Likes

I also tried with my Roger Pen iN after firmware update but … no joy.

3 Likes

I agree Kev. I too have bought a number of Phonak Roger accessories through E Bay and was pleased with the result.
I sometimes wonder why such good stuff shows up on Ebay. Were the tech ability needs too much for the owner?

1 Like

Thurso? Now you are where my ancient ancestors came from Kev - in Caithness. I have also visited Sinclair Girnigoe castle near Wick. So quiet up there one hardly needs hearing aids!

1 Like

Thanks all for this thread, managed to nab a pair of P50s off bay for £50 and they now have my Roger On In v2 licences in them as well as my KS10s. I use the P50s as backup so this is extremely handy. Grabbed a spare pair of licences for my Mums aids too so can lend her the On when she needs it too without any faf.

3 Likes

@threluja
Now that’s a result!

Well done

1 Like

Yeah @rsinclair123, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Caithness folk, they are such friendly folks, never been to Castle Sinclair, it looks spectacular… I would imagine it would have been built in the 14th century by they Sinclair’s whom fought alongside Robert De Bruce (1274-1329) at the Battle of Bannockburn June 1314, this was a decisive battle, in the war of independence, after which, King Robert The Bruce, granted lands to Sinclair’s in Caithness & Orkney, The Saint Clair’s, meaning “Pure”, shortened to Sinclair, where French Warrior Monks, Knight Templars (Knights of The Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem)… I am right into Scottish History, something I have always loved… Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

All - just received a Roger Select In via Ebay - did the firmware upgrade and I can confirm I recovered two roger receivers back into the select in. Process worked perfect for me.

5 Likes

Finally got round to doing this. I had 1.27 Roger Upgrader installed on my daughter’s laptop, read device info, didn’t see anything else. When I tested the number of licenses…bingo!

Two licenses now in my NHS Nathos Novas.

6 Likes

Well done Gareth… Another successful transfer of licences, it’s a fairly simple process, and you have @Zebras to thank for working this out, and giving us all the heads up! This method saves a small fortune, if you have multiple sets of aids, or can’t be bothered transferring licenses back & forth… In truth, I was so delighted, I bought 2 x Select iN’s, both second hand from eBay… You should get 10 x licenses, from 1 Select iN, enough to keep you going for the foreseeable future :smile: Cheers Kev :wink:

4 Likes

Looks like it’s been disabled. I still got a few :slight_smile:

Not on the latest Roger Upgrader. It’s still there and available for people to use to get more Roger licenses.

Ok, thank you. Which is the latest version. Mine is 1.27, should I upgrade it? I remember from a previous discussion that it’s better not to upgrade as that option might be blocked. So, what is the working version number?
Another thing, Can Roger On In hold a mix of 02 and 03 licences? How can I distinguish them if I want to transfer them to the aids?

latest version of Roger Upgrader is 1.29, and this version have the same capabiltys as the previous versions regarding receiver retrieval option. With 1.29 you are able to load two new (type 03) receivers into an empty Roger ON iN, Select iN, Tablemic iN microphone.

1 Like

Thank you. I upgraded to 1.29. This is what I got after “read device data” procedure:
Does this mean that I have 2 receivers installed?
However, I remember that earlier I could store more than 2 receivers. Could be that I am wrong and that I had more than 2, but not at the same time. Now “read device data” only runs through without letting me do anything. I start it, it goes through those 4 stages (preparation, detection, reading data, display data" and it’s done in a second without me being able to do anything. So, what am I missing here?

It means there are 2 licenses available.

I just bought some Sky M70 Ms, and installed 2 licenses into them (from TableMic II). Before the install, the Upgrader looked exactly like your picture.

After the install, it showed me how many licenses were left in the device, and asked me to replenish 2 licenses, which I did. It noew looks like your image again.
Peter