Tinnitus Apps For Phonak

Anyone using the Phonak Tinnitus Balance App? My audiologist suggested I download it but I can’t seem to find in in the Apple app store. Are there any other apps I can use with Phonak hearing aids?

1 Like

Tinnitus Balance is something that is enabled and adjusted in the Target fitting software of your Phonak hear aid, if it is included in the feature set. It isn’t something that can be invoked by a separate app.

1 Like

Interesting, it actually says it is not currently available in the U.S. store. I’ll have to reply to my audiologist. In the meantime I tried a couple others and Resounds app is pretty decent. I guess I didn’t even think I could just use whatever app and it would work like a player.

2 Likes

Sneeky, I did not see that. I will be deleting immediately. It’s good, but not that good. Maybe the Widex one is free.

Odd, I have it on my android phone and it is free.

It is.

I have the Resound, Widex ZEN, and Phonak all on my phone.

1 Like

Its weird, when I saw the Resound one in the App store it only said “Get” next to is so I figured it was free. But when I looked at it in my purchases within the store, it showed the $6.99 a month or 69.99 for the year. I’m using the widex one at the moment. What Phonak app are you using?

I just found an app called “Belltone Calmer” and it is an exact replica of the resound app but completely free.

3 Likes

@twowheeledton

The Resound app is free for basic. There are some advanced features that are subscription based.
The Phonak app is called Tinnitus Balance

Jim

You can use the free version of the Resound. I canceled my subscription and I now use the free one. Less bells and whistles.

I have been using the Belltone app I found that is an exact replica of the Resound app. It suits my needs so far. Biggest difference I notice to other apps is the gentle fading in and out of the sounds rather than the hard stop. I enjoy that.

1 Like

Give Oto a try. Its free with in app purchases

I have Oto and also use Zen Tinnatus.

Both in YouTube videos and on Phonak’s own Web site there are instructions for downloading the Phonak Tinnitus Balance app, but I can’t find it in the Android Play Store.

1 Like

I tried connecting through a Virtual Private Network – to disguise my location – but I still don’t see it in the Play Store.

Think it’s gone as it’s not in mine either when it was before.

How do these apps on your smartphone work? Do they act like a music player or send a signal to a hearing aid to make some tinnitus sounds?

In addition to the app, you can use the youtube videos you listen to. You can download and play songs in the music player. There are such songs that are a combination of classical music, sounds of waves, nature, etc.
I really don’t have a problem with tinnitus, but sometimes I listen to such sounds just for relaxation, to make it easier to concentrate at work :slight_smile:

My favorite to use is the “Belltone Calmer” app. It is a free download throught the play store. It has multiple presets of like beach sounds, fire and rain, underwater, peaceful morning and that sort of thing. But in addition you can make your own soundscapes and include up to 5 different sounds to create your soundscape. Also it has guided deep breathing and meditation and a couple others if you are into that sort of thing. I like it better than youtube because you can customize and you can darken your screen and still listen while working or walking.

There are numerous tinnitis on the Android store. I don’t see anything specifically for Phonak. But I question how much they help

1 Like

I have Phonak aids and use that Belltone app. I’m pretty sure they all do a similar thing which is just playing sound or sounds to help shift your focus from your tinnitus when its becoming too much or just making it hard for you to focus on something else like sleeping for instance. I’m guessing for some it works really well and for others it doesnt do much. Honestly I hardly ever use the app because I have lived with my tinnitus so long I have learned how to manage it on my own for the most part. But sometimes it is nice to just hang out with the sounds of water or nature going lightly while I work.

Well you see that’s what I mean. As bad as my hearing is, silence is silence. So from what you’re saying the apps basically cover up the tinnitus sound which can be irritating or annoying with something maybe less irritating or more calming. But there’s still a sound there. Does this mean you have to sleep with headphones on or with your hearing aids in. Sorry if these questions sound stupid. I’ve been fortunate to avoid this problem