Tinnitus Apps For Phonak

No worries. I feel like I should be clear on this and why the apps could be important to some people. Tinnitus is experienced differently by everyone. I think it really makes a difference what age it comes on at as well. I knew a man in his 50’s that recently developed it (within the last couple years) and it was so overwhelming that it eventually led to suicide. He did not have hearing aids. I don’t want to get too deep into that story but my point is that it can go far beyond irritating or annoying for some people. And each person could experience a different sense of relief from the tinnitus by using such an app. In my experience, when I turn the app on it makes my tinnitus 95% unnoticeable. I do not experience total silence ever because my tinnitus is producing a tonal ringing that changes in perceived volume 24/7. I do not sleep with my aids in at all but I’m guessing some do or use those Bose sleeping earbuds or something similar. At the end of the day, if it helps someone get some kind of relief, I’m all for it. I was fortunate enough to go through the feelings of going crazy from tinnitus at around 9 and 10 years old. So I have had a lot of years of conditioning and excepting it. The hearing aids and apps now are just a little added bonus. I could go without the apps at this point but I really enjoy having the aids for my hearing loss. I hope this helps clear up any questions on why these apps would be appealing to some hearing aid users and sufferers of tinnitus.

2 Likes

I live in the UK. Not available on Google or Apple store. So frustrating

I live in the UK. The Tinnitus Balance app is not available on Google or Apple store. So frustrating. Feel like I’m missing out. My audiologist told me she didn’t know anything about it & the manual management of Tinnitus can not be switched on via the firmware she uses (Target) & to contact Phonak tech. Frustrating as a believe access to myPhonak & Tinnitus Balance App is part of the H-Aid purchase deal.