Thread to Announce Latest ReSound Smart Fit Updates

Just to say that we could expect SmartFit 1.15 to be released shortly, as it is required to fit the new Resound Omnia hearing aids which are to launch first in the US in a week or two time.

1 Like

And indeed SmartFit 1.15 is now available from the usual download site.

There is also an update to Resound Smart 3D for IOS to 1.23.0 which is in the Apple AppStore today. I don’t use Android but I should imagine there will be an update in the Google Play Store too.

Update (as I can’t post again until someone else does (@jim_lewis maybe you could?)

I see today ( Sept 22) that Resound has SmartFit 1.15 update 1 on their download site. When you install and run it, it recommends an update to NoahLink Wireless and there is a NLW updater tool included in the Resound install.

The NLW update took only about two minutes and all worked ok when I then tried 1.15 out, although I didn’t spend any time exploring it.

1 Like

Good morning, I have been a continuous user of Costco haids, in addition to Brio 5, I also have a Resound Jabra. Could I receive a copy of the Smart Fit? Thanks.

If you look a few posts up this thread, you will see @pvc posted the instructions how to find the link.

Thanks. As soon as I get back home I will install it.

If you need any help getting started, post here!

I will. Until last night late I had time to install both software. Getting into @pvc pages I found a big new world of self-fitting.

Also, my laptop has 8G memory, resound told me I need more, so I am going to put more memory.

Thanks a lot for your support

8GB is okay and also the recommended size in SmartFit User Guide.

1 Like

I have just noticed that Resound released SmartFit 1.15 update 2 on 1st December. I don’t know what changes there are incorporated.

My Smart 3D app for the iPhone got updated in the past day or so. ReSound’s update note on the Apple App Store page said the update was for stability improvements and better connectivity. Perhaps the Smart Fit update is related to those 3D app feature improvements? What’s good for the goose is good for the gander?

That’s all Resound ever says about app updates Jim, even when it obviously has added specific new models of hearing aid support.

Anyway I haven’t noticed any change with my Ones with it running on my iPhone 12 Pro under IOS 16.2.

1 Like

There is a new version of SmartFit, 1.16, available for download now.

As usual it’s totally invisible as to what the difference from the previous version is. It installed on my windows 11 PC ok, but I haven’t tried it out yet.

There was also an update to the IOS app a few days ago. It seems the same to me, but @jim_lewis posted elsewhere that it improved Bluetooth connection to his Omnias (at least I think he did!).

1 Like

Hello David,
I have Omnia from resound, too, but I cannot make selffitting because I have only smartfit version 1.15 . For omnia I would need 1.16…
Do you have version SmartFit 1.16 for me, for MacBook or windows, whatever…?
Kindly regards,
Petra

SmartFit needs windows.

If you have 1.15 then you can just update to 1.16 from inside SmartFit.

2 Likes

Hello,

I try to get SmartFit Software for my wife new hearing aids but I cannot find it anywhere.
Did someone can send me a link to have it or any help ?

Regards

Welcome to the forum, sure no problem it’s easily available, just remember that you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well for DIY projects, also do read the user guide, as it has everything you’ll need to program your HAs for the first time, anything else just ask or post a new topic in DIY forum.
Also be please be very careful about downloading from other sources and “new” forum members, only download from known long term forum members, there’s a few malicious former members sending corrupt files.

Cheers

Hello Tenkan,

Thank you very much. I’ll read the guide carefully.
I saw some Noahlink wireless devices at ~190€ it is a normal price ?

Regards

You will probably be able to get it brand new for less on eBay if you wait, but the price is a bit variable and as they are not available for retail sale in many countries, you have to pay whatever it takes.

You may have to pay duty and VAT as well, depending on where it’s coming from and where you are.

Yes that price range seems a bit high, as mentioned eBay will have them a bit cheaper, still if you have to pay import taxes then you may not save much.

hi david.hendon, I read in your post that smartFit software can be updated from within the program and also that version 1.16 is now available for download. I’m positively using version 1.9 which for now is sufficient for my needs, but when I try to update the program tells me that it can’t find the server, so no update. Also, years ago I managed to find Resound sites from which I downloaded some old versions, but now I only find password-protected and therefore unusable versions. How has the situation changed? what am I doing wrong?
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.