Thread to Announce Latest ReSound Smart Fit Updates

For future reference, normally if you install a new version of the SmartFit programme over the existing version, the installer automatically removes the old version first and you don’t lose your settings, which are transferred to the new version by the installer.

Why couldn’t you change the DFS Ultra setting?

3 Likes

I was not able to find it in the program in order to change it. Only when I look at the end of the general characteristics the feesback is set at the lowest level.
How do I get it?

If you are in the SmartFit program looking at the gain adjustments screen, select the next tab “Advanced Features” and then select “Comfort” in the second row of tabs.

You will see a list of features and DFS is an item in the list. You can change the setting there.

But note that it’s a per program setting, so you need to change it in every program and you can change it one side or both sides. The default will change it both sides, which is probably not what you want. There is a black dot to show the recommended setting. You should keep it as low as you can without getting feedback. In particular the strong setting is not recommended for speech because it reduces comprehensibility.

@david.hendon ,
many thanks

I have 1.7 which refuses to update. Anybody willing to share?
Many Thanks

Hi there, sure it’s available, I wonder why you can’t undate tho.

It says “Can’t find Server”. But the new version works now.

1 Like

The professionals use Noah 4 (licenced). Is there a program on the market to read these Noah 4 files nhax /enhax (or can it be input to the smart fit stand alone, which normally uses html)?

You don’t need or want this software for DIY projects, you use “standalone mode” Noah software cannot program your HAs, I believe the import export feature usually uses nhax file?

I think they use nhax/enhax for the patient data (in may case they have given me such file for all the sittings), whereas the standalone program uses for the import/export xml files.

@tenkan : Happy New Year! I hope all is well :smile:

Next week I will be trading in my Phillips 9040’s for the ReSound GN Custom ITC’s (Costco). I have not been able to get a exact model unfortunately. As I was successful in updating the programming to my 9040’s to have tinnitus support with Phillips HearSuite, and I am hoping to do so on the new ones coming.

I have installed the following setup on my Win 11 laptop with a Noah Link installed:

ReSound Smart Fit Standalone (1.17)
ReSound Smart Fit Transparent (1.17)
ReSound Accessory Updater

The Standalone does not seen to run as it just hangs at the loading screen; however, ReSound Smart Fit Transparent App does run, and launches Smart Launcher. I can also see that it detects my Noah Link. I believe I was able to run that App before but I cant recall. I am getting things in motion for next week.

Do you know the difference between these 2 apps? The download, I have also seems to be a 32 bit. Do you know if a newer version, or 64 bit is available?

Thank you again for your support!

-Jeff

Apps you mean software, what’s ReSound Smart Fit Transparent? Never heard of it, is it the one for Live Assistance?
Anyways just uninstall it, you don’t need it right now, and then restart your PC then plug the Noahlink wireless into your USB port, wait for it to be discovered,and then load SmartFit, should be good to go, both 64/32bit should run SmartFit, win10 is recommended 64bit so I guess the same for win11.

1 Like

Hmmm! Turns out I’m running the 32-bit version of Smart Fit on Windows 11 Pro but it works fine. x86 is 32-bit, x64 is 64-bit.

Task Manager Details (vertical) tab on left:

Anybody care to vouch for the behavior of the 64-bit version on Windows 11? I prefer to run 64-bit when available.

There is a new Audiology Online course that will run Monday, 1/12/24 on Smart Fit v1.17. “In addition to reviewing software basics, this course will make note of changes in ReSound Smart Fit 1.17.”

ReSound Smart Fit 1.17: An Introduction | 39054 | Hearing Aids - (audiologyonline.com)

I removed, and re-installed and the App does seem to be running now. That other Transparent one is gone. Not sure, but it was linking to the Fit patient window which launches Smart Launcher. Weird.

Now the million dollar question is will it support what I’m about to purchase? I know they are programed with the Noahlink and the Audiologist at Costco confirmed this, and that they use their own version of that software.

Hoping this will go as well as Phillips did for me to load the device(s) and add tinnitus support. Have you ever done this before with the ReSound Smart fit software? Is 1.17 the latest version? I do not see an updater feature on the app.

Cheers!

JM

Mine is also running in 32 Bit. It does seem to load and sees my Noahlink.

1 Like

Yeah that’s correct, it should have no problem, I only mentioned the “recommendation” for 64- bit because I saw it written on one of SmartFits minimum requirements guide.

Yes for now it is.

In SmartFit software its there, in the App you can get firmware notification as well.

Ok so to get to the “check for updates” you need to open up a client (even in simulation mode) and open up to the fine tuning page and at the top you’ll see “Help” click on this and you’ll get a drop down menu then click "check for updates "

1 Like

I am not able to see those options. As I do not yet have the hardware, I have selected a random HA, then clicked on Simulate. I cant do much form that window. It says insufficient Audiogram points. I have not loaded my Audiogram as I am hoping to pull it from the HA’s once purchased like i did with the Phillips. Is that possible? I wonder if I can export it from HearSuite to ReSound.

NM I manually entered in my audiogram to test. I can see that screen now and it is up to date.

2 Likes

I was able to locate the tinnitus features as well! I really hope this works, its looking promising.

2 Likes