Testing Roger On

Hello,

I´ve been using Roger On for a while now. It does help a lot. However, I experienced some nuisance that I’d like to know if there’s a way to improve/ avoid.

I was in a restaurant with some guys in Alexandria. The mic was on the table. I could hear most of what they said. The guy on my right, where it’s my best ear, asked me a question but I couldn’t hear the second part of it even after repeating it more than once. I had to hold the mic and direct it to his mouth and just then, I was able to hear him.

In another situation, I was on the beach with a friend in Damietta. I could hear the sound of wind while she was talking to me which was annoying.

Yesterday, in a cafe where music was playing, I could hear the songs as loud as the guy on my right was. This was quite distracting. I wish I could have suppressed the volume of songs.

The thing in common in all those situations was that the volume was quite loud to me. Is there an option to turn it down whenever I need? Is there any way to control/ suppress other noises?

Thank you!

P.S. My hearing aids are Naída Marvel 70.

1 Like

The Volume rocker on your HAs acts as a mixer between the HAs and RogerOn. Have you tried changing those settings? Also, have you been using the MyRogerMic App, where you can select/deselect different areas of the room?

The TableMic II may be better suited to the Music issue, especially if you have the remote control??

Peter

1 Like

Similarly, the myPhonak app has the same feature called “Environmental balance”. It is practical to use a slider to set HA mics: Roger mic ratio when the sound from them blends together.

FYI: The myPhonak app is another useful app apart from myRogerMic…

1 Like

Absolutely, although I metioned the rocker switch as an alternative way of doing the same. The App does have a few features that can’t be done on the HAs.

2 Likes

Try this: In Target go to Fittings ==> Fine Tuning==> Program Options ==> select Roger Direct + Mic in the program panel on the left of the page, then select Dual rather than Standard. The information button will show you what will happen, which is at a certain dB level input from the hearing aids will be decreased (so the total volume will be less). Also you can adjust the level of the hearing aid mics while in the Roger mode. I don’t know of a way to adjust volume on the fly.

2 Likes

Yes, I also tend to prefer rocker switches when I’m on the move.

1 Like

It does help to use the myPhonak app to use the ambient balance button on screen to move the slide to external mic and away from surrounding. The MyRoger app allows you, when using the table mic function, to turn off sections for directions you don’t need the mic, such as when you only have people you want to hear in front and one side of you.

As to loudness, your audi may have the sound set louder when using the Roger. The volume controls on your hearing aids and myPhonak app turn the Roger volume up and down at the same time as the hearing aids. Or your audi can go into the Target fitting software to make the changes suggested above, assuming you don’t do your own FYI fitting.

@Zeeza, try verification mode. You can test it without any outside help.

1 Like

What is verification mode please?

Read the quote-link embedded in my previous post. There are screenshots in it.

1 Like