Successful project to make a DIY CS44A Phonak programming cable

I am intentionally resurrecting this decade-old topic because (sadly) it still applies today.

This DIY CS44a cable converter project converts Phonak/Unitron CS44a cables (that have pins 3&4 reversed for some obscure reason) into standard CS44 cables for using with other than Phonak/Unitron hearing aids.

Here’s a picture of the original DIY converter cables (which I just pulled out of my desk drawer to snap a picture);

But I still like @brec 's variant better! This variant uses professional-looking RJ45 connectors instead of soldering.

2 Likes

I work in industrial automation and we use cables from L-Com all of the time as they provide drawings (wire colors and pinouts) for just about all of their cables.

Here is a fully populated mini-DIN 6 conductor M/F cable- Item # CSMD6MF-3

Wow, $32 plus shipping. That’s pretty steep!

Hopefully no-one needs this workaround anymore. At that time (long ago) we had few options.

Hello! Please attach pdf documents Successful project to make a DIY CS44A Phonak programming cable

There are no pictures on the site Successful project to make a DIY CS44A Phonak programming cable - #43 by DustinS

Thank you

You want diagrams to make the cable, here they are.

3 Likes