Strange Phonak TV Connector problems

The TV connector operates in the 2.4 frequency range–the same as the most common wifi (wifi is also available at 5 frequency range).
If you use wifi for your roku and you are using the 2.4 frequency then you probably have interference. If your wifi supports the 5 frequency and the Roku also supports it then try changing the frequency. If that is not an option you can try specifying the wifi channel within the 2.4 frequency by changing settings in your router. You will need to experiment to find the channel that works best.
Microwave ovens also operate in the 2.4 frequency band and my microwave affects my KS 9s reception of the TV connector.
Most wireless phones also operate in the 2.4 frequency band to if you start changing things you may affect the operation of your wireless phone.
If interference is the problem you may be able to reduce the interference by moving the TV connector away from the Roku.

Don2: I do see a rca output on the tv. Can I get a connector that goes from headphone jack to rca?

Raudrive: I’m not sure what PCM means but I’ll look in the manual.

Bob999: You may have hit on something. I do have my router connected at 5GHz. I will change that connection and see what happens. Yes I microwave but I don’t use a wireless phone so maybe I’ll be ok.

thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll look into them. At this point I’ve given up on “understanding” the problem. Now I just want fix it.

1 Like

Yes you can get an adapter. That is what I use. Hope it helps.

With all the additional traffic on the internet, I am having buffering issues on my 200 Mbps Spectrum connection. Previously, I was streaming 4K video flawlessly. In the ladt week both Netflix and PriveVideo frequenrly stall.

I suggest you try reducing the video resolution to a lower setting. For example, switch from 1080p to 720p and see if it resolves your issues.

Good luck during these trying times.

1 Like

Have you tried to plug your tv connector into another plug socket in another room using an extension cord? There is also the possibility that the power transformer of the TV connector is defective and interferes with the current for your TV. If possible you should try to use a different electric phase for both devices if you have 2- or 3-phase electricity at home as we have at my destination.

Raudrive, I changed the setting on the audio on the tv. The tv connector has been working all day! I don’t really understand what PCM means or why an audio setting caused so much trouble with the video. But I think your suggestion fixed it. Thanks a thousand times.

For the other posters, I tried many of your suggestions but the problems stubbornly hung on. Phonak actually came close to the answer. My audiologist dealt with them and they suggested I check the settings on my tv. While that was the answer it was too vague to be meaningful. There seems to be 100’s of settings. That’s what is great about this forum - answers from actual users. thanks to everyone

3 Likes

That’s great news. Glad that has worked for you.

Just helping you the way members have helped me.

1 Like

The tv connector works perfectly with my phonak m90s. If you have a roku remote where you can plugin an audio jack you can also allow the TV’s speakers to work at the same time. Pretty cool!

I think you can do that with most tv anyway. The audio out is line out not head phones. You can probably go into the setup on the tv and make a change if needed.

I have the exact same problem. I just got the TV Connector for my new KS9.0 hearing aids. I works fine for just the TV but when I try to stream anything on it, the buffering starts and then it just quits and won’t stream. I though it might be my router. But when I read your post, it looks exactly like my situation. Can you tell me exactly what you did to fix it? Was your audio setting supposed to be on PCM or not on PCM??

I have the same problem. What exactly did you tell eam9094 to do? I need help with this too. Thanks!

Look under your TV’s menu.
Then sound.
Then digital audio out.
PCM

1 Like

We did that. Unfortunately it didn’t fix the problem. Thanks for answering

Buffering issues can often be challenging. Does disconnecting the TVConnect fix the buffering? I would be surprised if it did, but if it doesn’t, it’s not the TV Connect. If you call the TV manufacturer, they will often help troubleshoot.

So sorry you are having this problem – it is so frustrating because it manifests as video/streaming problems but it is not. I did what Raudrive suggested by going into settings and then sound. One of the options was PCM and that fixed things. If you have tried this and it did not work you might try getting answers from your hearing aid company. As I stated, Phonak suggested that I check the settings on my TV but they were not specific about which settings. Because I had found a solution I did not follow through with Phonak’s suggestion. If you can get to the settings on your TV you will see a wide selection of of possibilities. You might try some of the other options. Also, this was the settings on my tv, not my roku.

MDB, yes, disconnecting the TV Connect fixed the buffering right away.

When I had a streaming problem not related to TV Connect, I found the the TV (Vizio) tech support helpful. Good luck.

Any ideas on how to increase the range?

Mine cuts out as soon as I leave the room.

No ideas other than knocking out a wall. :grinning: Range is supposed to be 50 feet but that’s basically with line of sight I think.

1 Like

Good Idea! I’ve been wanting to get rid of that wall anyway.
Hope it doesn’t support the rest of the house tho.

2 Likes