Strange Phonak TV Connector problems

I have the same problem. What exactly did you tell eam9094 to do? I need help with this too. Thanks!

Look under your TV’s menu.
Then sound.
Then digital audio out.
PCM

1 Like

We did that. Unfortunately it didn’t fix the problem. Thanks for answering

Buffering issues can often be challenging. Does disconnecting the TVConnect fix the buffering? I would be surprised if it did, but if it doesn’t, it’s not the TV Connect. If you call the TV manufacturer, they will often help troubleshoot.

So sorry you are having this problem – it is so frustrating because it manifests as video/streaming problems but it is not. I did what Raudrive suggested by going into settings and then sound. One of the options was PCM and that fixed things. If you have tried this and it did not work you might try getting answers from your hearing aid company. As I stated, Phonak suggested that I check the settings on my TV but they were not specific about which settings. Because I had found a solution I did not follow through with Phonak’s suggestion. If you can get to the settings on your TV you will see a wide selection of of possibilities. You might try some of the other options. Also, this was the settings on my tv, not my roku.

MDB, yes, disconnecting the TV Connect fixed the buffering right away.

When I had a streaming problem not related to TV Connect, I found the the TV (Vizio) tech support helpful. Good luck.

Any ideas on how to increase the range?

Mine cuts out as soon as I leave the room.

No ideas other than knocking out a wall. :grinning: Range is supposed to be 50 feet but that’s basically with line of sight I think.

1 Like

Good Idea! I’ve been wanting to get rid of that wall anyway.
Hope it doesn’t support the rest of the house tho.

2 Likes

When I had a Phonak Compilot/TV Link system, I bought a 100 ft. extension audio chord and attached it to my TV audio at one end and the TV Link on the other and placed the TV Link out in the hallway outside the bedroom. It is more or less central to the rest of the house and I could hear the TV in my hearing aids just about anywhere in the house. I have not tried it with the new TV Connector yet, but I would think the same idea could be tried. However it seems to me that the signal from the TV Connector seems much weaker than the one that the older TV Link produced, so I have my doubts. The neck loop for the Compilot probably makes the difference.

1 Like