Starkey z-i110 bte .. device not reading in inspire with noahlink wireless

hi,
Need help. I am a user since 4 years startkey z series i 110 power plus BTE HA. since i am travelling away from my place and now in USA and need to adjust setting.
I got a new noahlink wireless purchased.
I installed inspire ver.2021.0.10192.0 from starkey website.
I got noah link driver installed. its running on windows 10pro version 21H2 on lenevo laptop.4gb ram.

inspire shows the programmer and shows noah wireless and refresh does not recognise the hearing aids.
i have checked with new battereies 13. left and right individually. not reading the HAs.

while inspire is started it pops up a message …
to enable session retrieval and save functionality you must install noah 4.0 or launch inspire from a supported office system , continue anyway?.. Ok or Cancel…

continue permits siulate etc.
getting started shows as above, programmer shows does not read my HA.
since its for my urgent change in setup required for personal use,
I request any help in this regard…
thanks…

I don’t use Starkey myself, but it sounds like you didn’t install in “Stand Alone” option, you get a choice in most HA software when first installing, uninstall and reinstall Starkey inspire software,and be sure to check “Stand Alone” and the correct country you brought them from, as you don’t need or want to use Noah which is for the Audiologist clinic, also are you sure you have the correct programming device (Noahlink wireless) for that particular model? As the Z series is pretty old now.

Do not use Noah4! You need to run Inspire standalone. But I believe your problem may be that you have not installed Starkey Patient Database.

Click my Avatar and click my Featured Topic to find where (Starkey Inspire Plus Starkey Patient Database) is readily available, along with a description of how to install it.

Also; https://order.starkeypro.com/pdfs/government/boots_and_cables_programming_guide.pdf

hi, Thanks for your reply. I will try uninstall and reinstall keeping in mind about stand alone. i do not remember this while i installed earlier. I will update my outcome later Thanks again,

Don’t forget the patient database as @pvc stated as well.

hi,
I did as advised.
1.uninstalled the inspire. .2. fresh installed the latest download.
It did not ask for any input regarding standalone install. after completing i installed patient database as @pvc stated’ downloaded again as PVC suggested in his avatar, and reinstalled again.
when started it asked for updating patient database to PatientBase Setup 24.0.10102.0.
installed the latest one. the inspire updater said the latest update is there.
when started again it asked for user name password and countryl
now also it is recognising the noahlink wireless but after switch on and off hearing aid and refresh it is not reading the device. it just says keep blue tooth off in connected phone.
the hearing aid doesnot connect tophone. but I remember 2 years back the seller audi0logist at my home town in india had connected wireless and did setting.

now again i changed my preference country as USA since now I am here and tried again. It does not read the device in Noah link wirelessll

Inspire works in software simulation mode for my model Z series i 110 power plus,

Please inform if anything can be done to connect this hearing aid for changes to setting.
Thanks.

@vijkumars

This link says you need the Surf Link Programmer to program your Aids.

I’m not knowledgeable in your Aids so do check the link to make sure I’m correct.

https://www.starkeyhearingtechnologies.com/inspirehelp/aah/InspireOSCablesAndConnectorsAAH.pdf

1 Like

This post is not just for @vijkumars . It is also to help others choose wisely.

Above there are two separate links to the manufacturer’s documentation stating which programming device will work for your hearing aid model (one legacy version and a newer version). Also, here’s an excerpt from the last section of the (Hearing Aid Fitting DIY School) PDF file named (03 Evolution of the Hearing Aid Programming Device);

How To Choose: So how do you choose a programming device for your hearing aids? You need to find the manufacturer’s documentation stating which programming device/s will work for a specific model hearing aid. Find it. Read it. Heed It. Don’t assume that a newer fitting device is better. For Example, Noahlink Wireless is a new programming device that is based on new technology, namely Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) so it will only work for newer hearing aids that have the BLE technology.

Don’t guess about which programming device to use for your model hearing aid. Find the manufacturer’s documentation. For help with that, find a DIY School file named (Help with Connecting Hearing Aids to Fitting Software). You might also find a DIY School file for How to Program your manufacturer’s hearing aids. Both of these will help you find Fitting specifications

Here’s a notated screen clip of the manufacturer’s documentation (legacy version);

@pvc

As I don’t know Starkey Aids that well. Am I right in thinking that the Noahlink Wireless is the wrong device to program the OPs Aids?

Yep, you were correct when you said “This link says you need the Surf Link Programmer to program your Aids.”. My long post was just to provide documentation about how to arrive at that conclusion.

1 Like

@pvc

Ok that’s good that I was correct Altho it’s not good news for the OP.

Hi
Thanks.
Looks I made a mistake.
But here in this link I saw it’s mentioned that noahlink wireless also.
So went ahead to get.

https://www.starkeyhearingtechnologies.com/inspirehelp/st-pl/Wireless/Wireless_Programming.htm

Here early paragraph it mentioned noahlink wireless.

Yes I can see how that Starkey document was misleading. The only hint about BLE is in the Starkey 2.4 GHz Wireless/TruLink Programmer Manual buried within that document which says;
c2

If you would known beforehand to read the DIY School PDF Document named (Fitting Instructions Starkey Inspire) it says;

Hi, Thanks for your effort to find my error. I accept the mstake and have bought a noahlink wireless. I understand it is a good universal programmer usefull for my future. I intend to get a new HA from costco KS10 which has phone call and music streaming and self programming app. still i would like to have my noahlink wireless to do my self fitting avoiding the visit often for setting adjustments. ( covid times and I am 69 years old with usual BP,Cardiac,Diabetic problems)

1. Can I get the target 7.0 software for the KS10 hearing aid which i propose to buy. whether this HA is good and suitable for my severe hearing loss(mixed hearing loss, abt 65 to 70 loss). will this work with noahlink wireless and target software.
    whether the KS10 is a good HA.
    thanks and regards

Yes you sure can, no problem there.

Sure no problem, the KS10 can be fitted with power receivers if you need them.

Again yes no problem to use the Noahlink wireless for KS10.

They are good HAs, but only you will know for sure if you like them or not.

Good luck

Thank you,’ Wonderful gesture, from many nice people…

The following Starkey hearing aids only support wireless programming via Starkey’s SurfLink Programmer. SurfLink aka 900sync , Starkey’s unique proprietary 900MHz SurfLink radio-standard (non Bluetooth):

Years 2016 - 2018: wireless programming requires Starkey SurfLink Programmer, all on new Synergy Platform with Acuity OS,
Muse* / Muse rechargable ** i1000, i1200, i1600, i2000, i2400 (2016)
SoundLens Synergy* (Custom i1600, i2000, i2400 (2016)
Muse IQ* i1000, i1200, i1600, i2000, i2400 (2017)
SoundLense Synergy iQ* (Custom i1600, i2000, i2400 (2017)
Picasso* (custom) i1600, i2000, i2400 (2018)
The iQ updates has an upgrade in Acuity OS for better speech optimization.

Legacy (years 2010 - 2015) HA wireless programming requires Starkey SurfLink Programmer, all IRIS platform , BluWave OS.
Z Series* i20, i30, i70, i90, i110 (2015) BluWave 4.0
3 Series* i20, i30, i70, i90, i110 (2013) BluWave 3.0
Xino wireless* i70, i90, i110 (2013)
Wi Series* (Y-Series) i70, i90, i110 (2010)
Tour* i20, i30 ( same as 3 Series but only entry-level product family )
Ignite* i20, i30

*These wireless devices can also alternatively be programmed via “cable only” or “cable + boot” or “cable + flex strip” according device type. See Cable & Boots guide

** Note: Muse iQ RIC-R rechargable is wireless programming only, requires usage of the Starkey SurfLink Programmer.

2010 - 2015 period of BluWave OS and IRIS Technology for SurfLink wireless radio
Technology levels break down to lifestyle:
Basic, Calm, Social, Active, and Vibrant.
This is represented by technology level
20, 30, 70, 90, 110 (non wireless)
i20, i30, i70, i90, i110 (wireless SurfLink)
as well as by channels, from 4 , 6 , 8 , 12, 16 channels

Anytime you see an “i” in front of the number that means it is eqipped with SurfLink wireless technology. 900MHz / 900sync

is the tech-level number without leading “i”, then this indicates a device without wireless function.

The “i” stands for IRIS

IRIS Technology (Wireless) 900MHz / 900sync / SurfLink
Hearing instruments with Iris Technology feature wireless communication between instruments including binaural synchronization of volume and memory changes as well as coordination of automatic features like directionality and noise reduction. Iris Technology also supports wireless programming of instruments and wireless accessories providing remote control and audio

With the release of Z Series the antenna in the Z Series devices were refined and Starkey also releleased new SurfLink accessories: new “SurfLink Media 2” (black housing) , “SurfLink Mobile 2”, “SurfLink MiniMobile” , SurfLink Microphone" and used a new naming convention “900sync”.
The new accessiories devices are compatible to the Z-Series hearing aids (Z-Series are all wireless 900sync), and to the newer Synergy platform devices released 2016-2018 Muse , Muse iQ, SoundLens Synergy, SoundLens Synergy iQ , Picasso (custom) , all non bluetooth and only 900sync/900MHz.

2016 Platform Change , introducing new Synergy Platform , quad core twin compressor technology. New numbering scheme for Tech-Levels 1000, 1200, 1600, 2000, 2400, represents channels, from 10 , 12, 16 , 20 , 24 channels
New Acuity –Operating System
source
Synergy: Made for Life

Via Noahlink Wireless programmable are only the following Starkey Hearing Aids with the 2.4GHz Bluetooth radio ( MFi, ASHA ) , the newer are onThrive Platform

Halo (2014) first Starkey MFi (Bluetooth LE, BluWave 3.0),
Halo 2 (2016) (Bluetooth LE and on new Synergy Platform with Acuity OS and )
Halo iQ (2017) (Bluetooth LE and Synergy platform/Acuity OS 2 )
Livio (2018) , Livio Ai, Livio Edge Ai (Thrive Platform with Bluetooth LE and NFMI wireless)
Evolve / Evolve AI (2020) (Thrive Platform with Bluetooth LE and NFMI wireless)
All hearing aids on Thrive platform are able for remote fitting via Thrive App and Inspire X

Thanks for that. I am working on something similar to your research so I can appreciate the tedious effort it takes to decifer which hearing aid programming device can be used for each and every hearing aid model.

Eventually I will publish a new version of the DIY School PDF file named (Choose a Hearing Aid Programming Device) which will include all the Starkey hearing aid models. Here’s a clip from my unfinished document; Tip: Click the image to enlarge.

1 Like

During years 2006 - 2016 Starkey released the following hearing aids which are non wireless and can only programmed via HiPro/miniPro and “cable + boot” or “cable + flex strip” :
SoundLens Synergy (2016) 1600, 2000, 2400 (Synergy/Acuity OS)
3 Series 20, 30, 70, 90, 110 (2013) BluWave 3.0
Xino 30, 70, 90, 110 (2011) -BluWave Signal Processing (SP)
Xino Tinnitus (2011) RIC10 - BluWave Signal Processing (SP)
X Series 70, 90, 110 (2011) - BluWave Signal Processing (SP)
AMP (2011) ICC
SoundLens (2010) - Drive Architecture
S Series iQ (2010) - Drive Architecture
E Series E Series 2 , E Series 3 (2009) economy line - Drive Architecture
Ignite 20, 30 (2009) BluWave Signal Processing (SP)
S Series (2009) - Drive Architecture
ZĹŤn (2008) first HA with BluWave Signal Processing (SP)
Destiny 1600 (2007)
Destiny (2006) first hearing aids coupled with Inspire fitting SW

sources

@firenzel Here’s what I have come up with thus far for a DIY School document named (Choose a Hearing Aid Programming Device).

My main objective is to list each and every Starkey hearing aid model along with which hearing aid programming device can be used. Let me know if you have any comments;

• Legend: NW = Noahlink Wireless
• Legend: HP = (Hi Pro or mini Pro) with cables and also maybe flexstrips or adapters
• Legend: SL = SurfLink Wireless
• Legend: TL =TruLink Wireless

• Evolv AI RIC R = NW
• Evolv AI RIC 312 = NW
• Evolv AI Micro RIC 312 = NW
• Evolv AI BTE R = NW
• Evolv AI BTE 13 = NW
• Evolv AI BTE 13 PP = NW
• Evolv AI Custom 2.4 GHz = NW
• Evolv AI Custom = HP + Orange Flex Strip
• Livio Edge AI RIC R = NW
• Livio Edge AI RIC 312 = NW
• Livio Edge AI Micro RIC 312 = NW
• Livio Edge AI BTE R = NW
• Livio Edge AI BTE 13 = NW
• Livio Edge AI Custom 2.4 GHz = NW
• Livio AI/Livio RIC R = NW
• Livio AI/Livio RIC 312 = NW
• Livio AI/Livio Micro RIC 312 = NW
• Livio AI/Livio BTE R = NW
• Livio AI/Livio BTE 13 = NW
• Livio AI/Livio Custom 2.4 GHz = NW
• Picasso Custom* = SL , (i* = Wireless models, denoted with “i” in the technology tier)
• Picasso Custom = HP + Orange Flex Strip
• Halo iQ REC 13 = TL or HP
• Halo iQ REC 312 = TL or HP
• Halo 2 REC 13 = TL or HP
• Halo 2 REC 312 = TL or HP
• Muse iQ RIC R = SL
• Muse iQ RIC 312 = SL or HP
• Muse iQ Micro RIC 312 = SL or HP
• Muse iQ Micro BTE 13 = SL or HP
• Muse iQ Micro BTE 13 PP = SL or HP
• Muse iQ Mini BTE 312 = SL or HP
• Muse iQ Custom* = SL , (i* = Wireless models, denoted with “i” in the technology tier)
• Muse iQ Custom = HP
• Muse RIC R = SL
• Muse RIC 312 = SL or HP
• Muse Micro RIC 312 = SL or HP
• Muse Micro BTE 13 = SL or HP
• Muse Micro BTE 13 PP = SL or HP
• Muse Mini BTE 312 = SL or HP
• Muse Custom* = SL , (i* = Wireless models, denoted with “i” in the technology tier)
• Muse Custom = HP
• SoundLens Custom = HP
• Synergy iQ* Custom IIC = SL , (i* = Wireless models, denoted with “i” in the technology tier)
• Synergy Custom IIC = HP
• Halo RIC 13 = TL or HP
• Halo BTE 13 = TL or HP
• E Series 2 BTE 13 = HP with Orange 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• E Series 2 BTE 13 P = HP with Orange-13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• E Series 2 BTE 13 PP = HP with Orange-13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• E Series 2 Mini BTE 312 = HP with Orange 312-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• E Series 2 Custom = HP with Orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables
• Zon = HP with Starkey purple cables straight
• Aries Pro BTE 675 = HP with Orange 675-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• Aries Pro BTE 13 = HP with Starkey purple cables straight
• Aries Pro Custom = HP with Orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables