Starkey z-i110 bte .. device not reading in inspire with noahlink wireless

This newer connection-chart states that Halo 2 / Halo iQ can be programmed using 2.4 GHz Programmer or NOAHLink Wireless.

This older connection chart showing TruLink Programmer for the first Halo products (2014).

As I understand, all Starkey Halo devices have Bluetooth LE wireless technology and can be programmed with trulink programmer as well as with Noahlink Wireless.
And i suspect, the Starkey TruLink programmer is an clone of the Noahlink wireless.

According to newer connection chart (first link above) the Halo line HA are also programmable via Noahlink Wireless, thus you can include the following in your list.
( Note: rewrote REC to RIC )
• Halo iQ RIC 13 = NW,TL or HP
• Halo iQ RIC 312 = NW,TL or HP
• Halo 2 RIC 13 = NW,TL or HP
• Halo 2 RIC 312 = NW,TL or HP

• Halo RIC 13 = NW,TL or HP
• Halo BTE 13 = NW,TL or HP

To complete your list add:
• 3 Series BTE 13 P = SL* or HP with Orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables
• 3 Series BTE 13 PP = SL* or HP with Orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables
• 3 Series BTE 13 = SL* or HP with Purple 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• 3 Series BTE 312 = SL* or HP with Black 312-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• 3 Series RIC 312 = SL* or HP with Black 312-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• 3 Series Custom = SL* or HP with Orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables

• *SL only suitable for 3 Series devices marked with “i” in the technology level, theses are “wireless devices” (900 MHz SurfLink) and can also be programmed with the SL (Starkey SurfLink Programmer). e.g. 3 Series i20, 3 Series i30, 3 Series i70, 3 Series i90, 3 Series i110. But these SL devices have also physical connectors and therefore also programmable via HiPro and cables, and can be handled as like as 3 Series 20, 3 Series 30, 3 Series 70, 3 Series 90, 3 Series 110, which are all none wireless devices.
    All 3 Series were released as “non-wireless devices” and as “wireless devices”. Those marked with “i” in the technology level are “wireless devices” and can also be programmed with the SurfLink Programmer. But all devices of the 3 Series could be programmed via HP and cables + boots or flex-strips.

for Z Series include:

• Z Series BTE 13 = SL or HP with Purple 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• Z Series BTE 13 P = SL or HP with Orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables
• Z Series BTE 13 PP = SL or HP with Orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables
• Z Series BTE 312 = SL or HP with Black 312-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• Z Series RIC 312 = SL or HP with Black 312-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• Z Series Custom = SL or HP with Orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables

Z Series is an new iteration of the 3 Series. All Z Series are wireless 900 MHz , there were no “None wireless” devices released for Z Series. Z Series have newer BluWave OS 4.0 , a better radio and antenna design for stabilized SurfLink wireless connectivity. The housing of the Z Series devices is almost identical to the 3 Series devices.The connectors are identical to 3 Series.

For Xino and Xino Wireless add
• Xino RIC 312 = SL* or HP with orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables
• Xino Tinnitus RIC 10 = HP with Starkey purple cables

All Xino devices can programmed with HP and cables / Flex Strip
Xino devices marked with “i” in the technology level are “wireless devices” ( Xino i70, Xino i90, Xino i110) and these can also be programmed alternatively with the Starkey SurfLink Programmer “SL
The none wireless RIC 312 devices ( Xino 30, Xino 70, Xino 90, Xino 110) only programmable via orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables.
For Xino RIC 10 only the cables (straight) are needed, with HiPro

For Wi Series (Y-Series) add:
Wi Series RIC 13 = SL or HP with dark red 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
Wi Series RIC 312 = SL or HP with Starkey purple cables (straight)
Wi Series custom = SL or HP with orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables

All Wi Series devices can programmed with HP and cables + Boots or Flex Strip , or via SurfLink programmer.
Wi Series were available only in top tech tiers: i70, i90, i110 (Starkeys first SurfLink wireless devices)

For the “X Series” add:
• X Series BTE 13 P = HP with Pink 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• X Series BTE 13 PP = HP with Pink 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• X Series BTE 13 = HP with Green 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• X Series BTE 312 = HP with Starkey purple cables (straight)
• X Series RIC 13 = HP with dark red 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• X Series RIC 312 = HP with Starkey purple cables (straight)
• X Series custom = HP with orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables

X-Series were available in top tech tiers: 70, 90, 110 (non-wireless)

Ignite were available only in the entry level tech tiers:
20, 30 (non-wireless)
and
i20, i30 (wireless 900 MHz)

For “Ignite” (non-wireless) add:

• Ignite BTE 13 P = HP with Pink 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• Ignite BTE 13 PP = HP with Pink 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• Ignite BTE 13 = HP with Green 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables
• Ignite BTE 312 = HP with Starkey purple cables (straight)
• Ignite RIC 13 = HP with dark red 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables (straight)
• Ignite RIC 312 = HP with Starkey purple cables (straight)
• Ignite custom = HP with orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables

Ignite non-wireless tiers: Ignite 20 , Ignite 30 basically low level tech tiers of the X Series

Ignite wireless (with SurfLink radio), available in tech tiers Ignite i20, Ignite i30 only as RIC 13, RIC 312 and Custom
• Ignite RIC 13 = SL or HP with dark red 13-Boots and Starkey purple cables (straight)
• Ignite RIC 312 = SL or HP with Starkey purple cables (straight)
• Ignite custom = SL or HP with orange Flex Strips and Starkey purple cables

So the Ignite wireless i20 and i30 were identical with Wi Series , but entry level tiers only.

Edit: See this Cables and Connectors Guide AAH (All Amerian Hearing) which covers all older Starkey hearing aids programmable with Inspire

Wow!! Thanks @firenzel for your help with this. Starkey is complicated because (unlike the other manufacturers) Starkey has newer/current hearings plus older/legacy hearing aids combined in the same Starkey Inspire fitting software.

I knew about the other Starkey cable guides but then forgot about them while putting together this Starkey programming device cheat sheet. Thanks again!

1 Like

@firenzel Thanks again, I merged your changes into the DIY School PDF file named (Choose a Hearing Aid Programming Device). Though, instead of reposting it here please review the changes in DIY School which you can find by clicking my PVC Avatar.

Oh btw, I rearranged the model-sort-sequence to be consistent by keeping RICs before BTEs.

1 Like

Thank you pvc , i’m happy to help.

Unfortunatly i found some unlisted devices.

In 2020 Starkey also distributed “Axio” basic level (entry level) hearing aids in Germany , Netherlands and maybe other countries. Axio is on IRIS platform
Axio i4 BTE13 and BTE312 (4 chanels)
Axio i6 BTE13 and BTE312 (6 chanels)
and i suspect that these are renamed “Z Series 20” and “Z Series 30” devices.
So the programming should be possible with HiPro and cables + purple 13 boot for BTE 13 , or black 312 boots for Axio BTE 312

In the last year i saved a file “Consulting Overview 2020” from the german Starkey Pro website, but Starkey Germany completly rebuilt the website in Q3/2022 and the files are gone and hidden. Now only access for Pros with login.
Here is an snapshoot.

On the right hand side you can see the Axio i6 (IRIS platform)
In Inspire in found the Axio as i4 and i6 (BTE13/BTE312) in Germany and in Netherlands.

Then in 2022 Starkey distribute an entry level device “S2” with 12 channels as BTE 13 and RIC 312. This could be an renamed " Livio 1200 ". In Q2/2022 on german Starkey Pro website i could download a PDF-File “Consulting Overview 2022” , and luckily saved it.
Here is an part as snapshoot.

But im puzzled because i can not locate the “S2” device inside the software area “Simulate Products”

if you open Inspire and switch to “Simulate Products” , then double click any hearing aid and simulate this, then in the middle of the screen , between the pictures of the Hearing aids, you have the ability to select and switch to simulate other device types and models. Then you can poke around and could choose the availabe tear levels for each model. And more product information is shown in an extra window.

When you change the Region and Country in Inspire → Menu “Preferences” - “Configuration” select different countries (e.g. “New Zealand” , “Russia” , “Turkey” or “Netherlands”) then you can also select the older devices in the simulation sceen under “Other”.

I am hesitant to go down this multi country Rabbit Hole. In DIY School in the first PDF file named (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software) there is a link to download a template named (StarkeyOtherBrands.txt). If you download this .txt file and then rename it to (StarkeyOtherBrands.Bat). Then when you double click StarkeyOtherBrands.Bat it will give you the option to run Starkey Inspire for other ReBranded hearing aids, including option;
6 = Horex (German/Deutsche)

Alternatively, you could build your own .BAT file specifically for this one Horex brand.
Start “” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Starkey Laboratories\Inspire OS\Starkey.Inspire.Host.PatientBase.exe” launch HorexFitting
and then double click that to get a different country version, like so;

Thanks for the explanation.

FYI in the PDF file named (Choose a Hearing Aid Programming Device)
the first link “Cable Guide” is broken , located between “Evolve Ai” and “Livio”

The bad link starts with “http://hhttps//home.starkeypro…”

and should corrected to: http://home.starkeypro.com/pdfs/FLYR/ST/FLYR2602-16-EE-ST-IV/Boots_and_Cables_Programming_Guide.pdf

best regards

1 Like

fixed it :wink: and 20 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Like

Hi, maybe you can include the link into your Starkey document for this Cables and Connectors Guide AAH (All Amerian Hearing).
This covers all older Starkey hearing aids programmable with Inspire Software, just for completion.

1 Like

Done, But not published yet. I am splitting these into one PDF file per manufacturer;
(Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Starkey)