Starkey Thrive App Error Message

For the past 2½ days, I’ve been getting the following error message on my iPhone 11 in the Thrive app:
“An unexpected error has occurred. Please restart Thrive to use the full functionality of the app.” followed by “OK.” I can press OK and continue using most of the app, like TV streaming; but when I go to Device Settings, just about everything on the right side of the screen has a continuous turning circle that never stops.

I’ve restarted the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted the iPhone–all multiple times and nothing works. I’ve also been talking to Starkey tech support for 2 days and sending them Feedback logs, and they can’t solve the problem or don’t know what the problem is.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I need to know, for myself and Starkey, if I’m the only one with this problem

No problems here, I’m on iPhone SE ver 14.0.1

I have experienced the message a couple of time but the app continued to work fine> I have not went to device settings becaues it has only happen two or three times. I would be interested in what Starkey tech supports comes up for an soulution.

While the app continues to work in some screen areas and I have no problem with TV streaming. However, when I select Device Settings, there isn’t much I can do there. If I select Mask Mode, the app closes within seconds. Last week I was able to select Mask Mode and I was able to enable Mask Mode this past Sunday (the only time I used it). The more I think about it, I started having problems after returning to Normal Mode. I did mention that to the Starkey tech.

The tech recommended I contact the VA for an appointment to get my hearing aids checked. I explained that COVID-19 would be distant memory before I’d be able to get a VA appointment.

So, if I can get a couple more responses from people who have the same problem, I’ll get back in touch with Starkey and let them know. Plus, it would be nice if you’d also call Starkey to inform them of the problem.

It loading or searching for something that is what the circle mean. The question is is it look for a device like your hearing aids or internet. I get the same thing when I come from a week internet into an internet connection. It needs to reboot. I have an iPhone 11 so I understand. My suggestion is to close the app. Then reboot the app and give it a minute to reconnect to everything. Then it should work fine. If you leave it alone it doesn’t effect how it works it will just drain your phone battery faster. I also experience it needing more time to set itself when you use the mask setting. I would guess it is a large program and takes a good connection to finalize its change. Good luck. 14.1 does help reduce it. Check the App Store out for comments about this

1 Like

Other than establishing the initial Mask Mode, most of the stuff on the Device Settings screen are internal to the app. And, as I mentioned in my first posting, “I’ve restarted the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted the iPhone–all multiple times and nothing works.” Believe me, I’ve tried everything and nothing works. And, I’m not trying to do anything that I haven’t already done multiple times and it used to work.

Then I would check the phone call Apple they can run a check to make sure the phone is not wonky. If they say the phone is okay then have the hearing aids check. Sometimes you can run a self check and see if they are working correctly. If that can’t find a problem then you probably need to have them checked by a audiologists. I did a self check on my it found my first set had a circuit problem. Sorry didn’t see the entire first post the Braillereader didn’t translate it. Good luck. :+1::grinning:

Here’s my latest update. This morning I unconnected/unpaired my HAs from my iPhone 11 and connected/paired them to my wife’s iPhone 8 Plus which never had the Thrive app installed on it before. I still ran into the exact same problem, so I went back to my iPhone.

Then I remember the Thrive Self-Check capability for the HAs and ran it. Every time I ran it, the Self-Check showed the right HA had a “Circuit Error.” I wish I had remembered that capability before or the Starkey tech had requested it from me. I called Starkey and they confirmed I should contact the VA.

When I contacted the local VAMC, the AuD told me to mail the R-HA to him and he would mail it to the DLC for repair. Since I live only about 15 miles from the VAMC I asked if I could drop it off instead. He told me that I could, so as of earlier this afternoon, it’s in the hands of the VA.

I am getting this message quite often. I take my phone out if my pocket and find this message.

Yes, that’s the same message I was getting. Open the Main Menu with the icon at the bottom right, and select Device Settings. Do you have a bunch of rotating circles down the right side? If so, that’s also what I had and still have. However, I no longer get that error message since turning in my R-HA for repair and I’m wearing only the L-HA.

Go back to the Main Menu and select Self Check. Check the instructions for checking your HAs and Run Diagnostic. I had a “Circuit Error” on my R-HA and was told by Starkey it needed to be repaired.

For reference, I have the Starkey Livio Edge AI custom ITE rechargeable HAs with telecoil.

Also, did you by any chance try the Mask Mode recently? I ask because I tried Mask Mode this past Sunday and Sunday night or Monday AM, is when I noticed this problem.

No problems with mask mode

Can you explain how to do a self check? When I touck on self check all it does is show two screens explaing what it does but It never does a self check.

Are you selecting the “Run Diagnostics” just above the icons at the bottom of that screen?

No it has never shown that option. I wonder if it’s because my aids or not on the most recent firmware update.
According to Starkey tech the VA only updates firmware twice a year and the next one will be sometime in November.
Then I will have to go to the VA audi to get it. My clinic still has not opened for in person visit’s

Sounds like you may be selecting self check in the user manual. Make sure it’s “self check” in the main menu in settings.

When I go to App settings there are only two items
“Advanced mode with a on/off button”
and “App version”
there are no other options. I am using version 3.1.1 Starkey Tech says this is the lastest version.

You don’t go to App Settings at all. Select the stacked bars menu icon at the bottom-right of the app screen. That takes you to the Main Menu and there you select the Self Check option. At the bottom of the Self Check screen, above the bottom menu icons, select Run Diagnostic.

I assumed that the was the place to go but the Self Check option does not appear on that screen for me. The only place I can find Self Check is in the User Guide and it just tells what it does. Do you have a later version of the app than 3.1.1 ? My app shows my app is up to date and my firmware is the lastest version but I don’t belive that is true. Thank you for your help.

I can’t find anything specific, but I think the Thrive app Self Check works only with the Starkey Livio AI and Livio Edge AI devices. If you don’t have these HA devices, that is probably the problem.

I have the Livio 2400 AI aids.