Starkey Evolv AI RIC R Google Pixel 7

I replaced my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (running Android 12 and Bluetooth 5.0) with a Google Pixel 7 (running Android 13 and Bluetooth 5.2) and am very pleased with the results.

The Bluetooth connection is substantially better and more stable. With the S21 streaming music with the phone in the breast pocket of a t-shirt resulted in disconnect/reconnect while walking around. If I left the the immediate area of the phone and came back I frequently had to perform remedial actions to reestablish the Bluetooth connection.

The Pixel 7 streams music very well. Putting it in the same breast pocket it performs just as one would expect. The Pixel 7 treats the hearing aids much like headphones, all audio is routed to the HAs. For example, Waze (GPS navigation app) could not output to the HAs when using the Galaxy S21, but the Pixel 7 sends the navigation instructions to my HAs.

I am very pleased with this upgrade. As I learn the relevant features of this phone I will add comments to this thread.

Incidentally, Google builds in some powerful spam call and spam text messaging tools.

Unfortunately, none of the issues I reported with the Starkey Thrive app have improved.

1 Like

I have been stuck with iPhone for the past 6 years because oticon OPN1 supported only iPhone. I upgraded to evolv AI primarily for Android compatibility. There were intermittent drops or connectivity lags on iPhone with OPN1. evolv AI has been rock solid with iPhone.

I got sick of the iPhone and wanted to get a taste of Android. I have just ordered S21 on eBay to replace iPhone. Now you are telling me that S21+evolv AI combination is worse than iPhone+evolv AI?

I wear naida paradise Up and use Samsung s20 fe android 12 connection with not much problems

Never used an iPhone.

But I can definitely say Pixel 7 is far better than S21 for the Evolv.

Those HAs use the older Bluetooth 4.2, The S20 FE is BT 5.0.

https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/123549