Sphere Programs

@jeffpa
As is an outcome in this interesting discussion about the cause it seems valuable to see your audiogram show up in your personal profile. Could you add it please.

1 Like

I’ve gotta go find it, not even sure where it is…

@jeffpa and if you want to look a bit deeper to the outcomes of your music and TV settings maybe have a look on your Phonak fitting programs over here, so you’ll get some more information for the tweaking

1 Like

@emile.heilbron, I didn’t know about that printing feature, thank you! I think I know where it is. And I see that your Spheric Speech in Loud Noise is set to “Moderate”.

@Bimodal_user
Don’t pay to much attention to the settings here, as I was just looking for a print to show what I sometimes use for comparesing adjustments.

1 Like

Here’s my audiogram but I’m unable to figure out how to add it to my profile even after searching

I also had a problem finding a way to add audiograms when I was a new user.

On the top of the page, click “FORUM,” then “My hearing tests.”

I did that, but theres nothing on that page about adding my hearing test to my profile, much less add to anything

Its just a sales/marketing page.

1 Like

as stated earlier, all that does is take me to the sites home page. Using Chrome, no extensions

I’ve added it to my profile is the best I can manage.

Using Chrome desktop windows 11

Just click on dashboard.

got it, abit convoluted, as your link still took me to home page, but I figured it out. Not sure how I did it, but finally got it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah strange, I get taken to “dashboard” not the home page, but all good.

Were you tracking that on the myPhonak app? If you wear Spheres, do you find they automatically switch to music if there is background music in a show that you’re streaming?

Hum! Bimodal had it exactly right. So when I’m at the Forum home page, I select “Forum” in the menu options at the top as shown here:

In the drop-down menu, I select “My Hearing Test” and am taken to this page:

I click on the BLUE button that reads “Add Hearing Test” and see this page where I manually enter the data:

That’s the part that takes TIME and patience as you copy the numbers from your audiogram to this form.

1 Like

odd, its doing that now on mine as well, wasnt earlier.

1 Like

Yes, I have Spheres. They switched when someone started performing on a show. That is the only time I tracked what it was doing. Lew

Sounds like the Spheres truly DO know what to do! :grinning:

As I recommended today in @JordanK’s Sphere Lumity Shootout thread, taking the following two Audiology Online courses for free will really help you understand how AutoSense programs work and the relative importance of many of the adjustments, and whether any control over the adjustments is available for any particular AutoSense program in the MyPhonak app. Although the courses are intended to orient HCPs to using Target fitting software if you’re able to follow along from what you’ve learned on this forum, it will give you a lot of additional insight into how the Autosense programs work, what can be adjusted, and whether you need to ask your HCP to do it or not. Also, what some of the comparative differences are between AutoSense programs that seem similar on the surface, e.g., Media speech + mic vs. Media music + mic. The first course listed by Erika Porter is particularly good. She’s an excellent instructor and emphasizes that there is often more than one way to address any particular problem.

For example, with soft background noise like refrigerators, AC blowers, etc., that @jeffpa had a problem with in this thread, she cites raising the threshold for blocking background base-level noise is one of several approaches that can be used (some might not want a gross increase in noise reduction of all levels of noise loudness-might interfere with speech understanding, etc.).

After posting, I see @Bimodal_user has also pointed out the soft noise reduction option (Sphere Programs - #12 by Bimodal_user), but it’s still something Erika Porter used in her talk to illustrate Phonak flexibility and many options.

There are further details in the post to which my self-quote is linked: My Phonak Sphere Infinio I90 vs Lumity L90 Shootout - #416 by jim_lewis

1 Like