Sound Description

I seem to remember a few years ago someone creating a document designed to help people describe their hearing aids. Specifically, a way to articulately describe sound so they can better communicate with their audiologist to get the best tuning/fitting possible for their hearing aids. Does anyone know where I can find such a document? I’ve got an appointment with my audiologist next week to review my new hearing aids, but I’m having trouble describing the issues/performance I’m having with them compared to my last set.

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

Are you searching for the Phonak Sound Wheel chart ?

8 Likes

I have the same challenge even though I have been wearing hearing aids over 20 years. Best I can describe my challenges is that there is too much background noise that washes out speech. Or sometimes the speech sounds muffled. With my new Oticon intent 1’s that I am still trying out, seems the background noise is ever present. If there are other ways to describe issues with hearing aids, I would also be interested.

I think that’s it. Thanks! Reading the article definitely helps in combination with the wheel.