Solutions for excessive sweat?

When at work I find my hearing aids collect a lot of sweat due to me being very active, I have tried the eargear but I find it just collects the sweat. I was to make sure my aids won’t get damaged after my regular 8 hour shifts. Any tips would be appreciated.

I’m interested in this question.

I hate Ear Gear as it’s so bulky.

I used a product for years but they stopped making them around 10 years. Haven’t found a solution since.

Just remembered. It was Super Seals I used to use! One pair lasted me nearly 2 years!

1 Like

Maintenance might be the easy answer.
Wipe them off with Adam cloth each day.
Use a hearing aid dryer.l

1 Like

The ear gear I have when I’ve used it all it does is soak up the sweat and trap it so then my aids are sitting in a damp cloth, plus they end up getting very smelly and are hard to hand wash good.

ACK, weighing in here … yes, I also use EarGear, but luckily only when I get my hair colored every several weeks. Even so. They’re a hassle to put on cuz I have to peel off the dome and thread the speaker through the “sox”.

As Zebras observes, the sox adds BULK - that makes the BTE unit very unwieldy for staying in place. My hair gal is forever snagging the gigantic GOURDS on the back of my ear and sending them flying out of place. Ha. Ha. :expressionless:

Then, since I now KNOW that the Phonak Lumity Life aids are not in the least bit “waterproof” as advertised all over Phonak’s website, I take the aids OUT when my hair is being rinsed. The EarGear is SOAKED in brown hair dye, so I get that allllllll over my fingertips taking my aids out and putting them back in. By then, I’m inventing cusswords.

I go home and hand wash the EarGear every time they’re used. They dry in a flash, but the ordeal is just annoying. Even so, better than having my aids painted with hair dye. And I sure can’t sit in the chair deaf as a curling iron the whole time I’m having my hair done. Too much juicy gossip goin’ round.

1 Like

I agree some sort of Drying Box is a good idea.

Here is what I use. I’m not staying in one place at the moment so am using a none electric one.

I’ve used a Dry and Store for many many years which is electric.

2 Likes

You use Phonak bt? Or ric with earmold?

In the past I used both, Phonak.

I preferred the BTE aids concerning sweating. The RIC aids receiver would get wet and lose sound. I could take them out and shake the moisture off and put them back on and go on.
I always used a hearing aid dryer with hearing aids.

Now I am bilateral CI. Sweating and these is similar. I prefer the off the ear processors concerning sweat. The on the ear processors will get wet and plug the microphones. I shake them off and get going again. Wipe them off with a damp cloth that evening before charging. If they got really wet, I put them in a dryer

Brand and model your use?

We need to stay on the original posters subject.
Private message me questions, thanks.

For tomorrow this is what I have set, I’ll bring my dry box in with me and keep it at my station for if I need it.

I most certainly don’t love the yellow tubing but my clear tubing doesn’t have the tube locks and yellow is the least offensive color out of my colored tubes, I’ve found that I am getting a lot of condensation in the tubing which is annoying and seems to make the tubes get gross and hard very fast

Are your molds vented?

Yes they are,I don’t get occlusion with the vents but they are pinhole vents because of my ear size.

1 Like

HearingOutLoud on Etsy makes HA skins similar to Ear Gear. I’ve never tried Ear Gear, so I can’t compare them, but HearingOutLoud’s aren’t bulky at all.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1477271942/simple-hearing-aid-skin-hearing-aid

They also offer an add-on water resistant option, which I’ve never used but sounds like it might help:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1530666501/add-on-water-resistant-treatment-to-any

I’m not affiliated with them at all, I’ve just ordered from them and like the product.

1 Like

These look so cool.

I live in the UK so shipping is quite expensive but I’m quite impressed.

OWIE!!! That is the coolest skin and treatment kit I’ve ever seen! I will order some. I’ll be the envy at the salon … altho, I’m the ONLY one wearing aids among all those gals. Even so, gotta FLASH the skin a bit. I especially like the idea of water repellent treatment, cuz I paid $35 for a pair of zany patterned EarGear, and first time at the salon, they were slapped with brown hair dye that wouldn’t wash out.

Thanks for sharing those links! :smile:

Edit: I just read that if you have TWO aids, you need to order TWO skins. These are not sold by the pair. And that’s totally fine, cuz I’ll get a couple pairs of 'em and WOW the world!

1 Like

Did you see the ones with spikes? :star_struck:

1 Like

Fancy!! Perfect to go with my alt style, although some days I just prefer to be chill. I definitely think I should order another pair of molds in a half shell since I love the ones I have so much, I might need to see about alternative venting options to help with the condensation.

Today I put some of my thinner stickers on each size of my HAs to cover the side parts, hopefully that helps a little from any moisture getting inside the hearing aids. I paired that with the ear gear

2 Likes

GAWD, I DID! I was going to send that link to Zebras - she has a wild hair or two?!

OH to be 14 again. But hey, why can’t I wear spiked skins at 68?

2 Likes