Siemens Carat Binax 7bx - ConnexxLink - easyTek - Connexx 7.4

with remotely modern aids why would anyone be running a cable from the TV to the aids. you guys pay a shitload of $$ for aids then jury rig crap like this. get the easytek and tvlink connect properly and you can adjust your volume independantly and your partner can adjust the tv normally.

Hi Ibanez,
I just got a pair of Siemens Binax Carat 5bx aids, and I’m looking forward to programming them myself. I have a Hi-Pro and some cables. Preliminary reading suggests I need to get a specific “programming pill” that fits in the battery compartment, and Connexx 7.4. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
Thanks,
Dave

I’ve got Connexx 7.3. Am I missing anything important that was added to version 7.4? So far seems to be managing the features I need.

Hey, Jakey: I spent the money because I can make adjustments here at home. Better than making an appointment with an AuD so he can adjust things to Bach’s B-Minor Mass and then find that I need a different program to enjoy Mahler’s Symphony #5.

I can fine tune my aids as often as I want, in the comfort of my home, whenever the mood strikes.

That doesn’t discount what the AuD’s can do. No way I will be able to do what they can, but when it comes to wanting a little more sharpness from the violins, that’s hardly worth the trip. I can work the sliders for an hour at a time if I want. Pretty hard to get that attention from an AuD, don’t you think.

All in all, worth every penny. It’d be cheap at twice the price. Or maybe I have more money than you?

Most folk are happy to set them and forget them… I’ve never spent money for aids and have access to more equip and software than most but it’s all you got to do enjoy yourself

I probably don’t understand, you’ve never spent money for aids, of for the programming software? If it’s that you’ve never paid for aids, did you get yours free? How? If you don’t have aids in the first place, well, I’m speechless…

As for nothing else to do, I have plenty. Like listening to music/playing my french horn. The quality of my hearing is a very high priority in my life. I enjoy working with it, sure. But it’s not like there aren’t a lot of other things I enjoy, it’s that it ranks high on the list.