Self programming where to get hard- and software

Hello,
I´m going to buy a widex passion and want to do the programming my own.
I found the needed compass software for the hearing device.

But now I do not know where to get the programming device + software and plugs

How are you doing your self programming ?
Where did you get the needed hard- and software?

I´m from Germany so my wording my not be the best

I have summarized all the links I have got up to now here

Maybe you can contact the company? While not an option for you America Hears provides the programming software and hardware in my case.

Programming is nice at first but once you get them adjusted the way you like I find I no longer play with my adjustments but knowing I have the option is nice. In fact 60% of America Hear wearers never adjust their aids from the factory settings.

I just did not want to make the drive to have them adjusted or someone else at the controls doing the adjustments. :slight_smile:

Actually, I never thought about it, but it is a great idea. I presume if you’re only messing with the sofware, it doesn’t void the warranty?

you might find a hi pro box in Ebay…

You will need the standalone software. The only source for software and connecting cables is your dispenser/audiologist. The software is proprietorial and restricted. Do not call the manufacturer…They will not help.

As posted above a good source for the interface between your hearing aids and your computer (HiPro Box or NoahLink) is Ebay. Good Luck. Ed

most fitting soft comes in both vers, Noah and or Stand alone version

Resound does have its soft available for donwload

widex soft is quite easy to use…

Ouch. A used HiPro box on eBay for $400 starting bid, or $600 outright…:eek: Steep.

Having a Phonak Audeo Yes, I’d rather go wireless and buy the iCube for $350. If I had the money for either one, that is. Though the hipro would cover a wider variety.

I am trying to go in the same direction as you Juergen as I am a hard core do-it-yourselfer. So far, nothing is easy.

After a few chaotic visits with my audi, I decided that I wanted to pick a HA manufacturer that made its sofware available to the public. There are a few. I picked phonak.

I downloaded and intalled the software iPFG 2.3. No key required and it runs w/o NOAH. It seems very easy to use and has a lot of great features that I know that my audi would never take the time to do with me. Feedback calibration and automatic fine tuning as you listen to different situations as a couple examples.

This is where I am (still lots of unknowns)-

I recently bought a hi pro from ebay for $305.
I need to get a null modem serial cable to connect it to my PC.
I still need to locate drivers to actually run the hi pro.
I need a serial-USB converter cable with its own drivers.
Not sure if all this will work with Vista. If not I’ll start over with XP and an older computer with a serial port.

I found some info about programming cables here:
http://www.knowles.com/search/products/h_programming.jsp
Still looking for a distributor, but I know the cable type is a CS-44

If all this fails…

I’ll get an iCube and at least be able to program the Audeo YES. I’ll keep you posted.

Can I have your iCube when you’re done with it? :smiley:

Hi juergen, I’m very interesting in download all hearing aid software. It’s possible to get back all this hearing aids software? What happen was I have it before in my laptop but unfortunately I was robed.
I really appreciate your help.

can’t download any software.

This is a post from 11 years ago!
You can go here and say what software you want: