Self Programming the KS-9's

Hi - I have just got hold of the Target software and upgraded to 7. I haven’t bought the Noahlink Wireless because I saw that the dropdown doesn’t list the Kirkland HA’s and just wanted to check with people who have experience that when I connect everything up the KS-9’s will be recognised automatically and I will be able to upgrade to the new firmware and start experimenting. Could someone confirm? Thanks!

The KS9 aids are not locked. Anyone with the correct hardware and software can program them.

1 Like

Phonak (and other manufacturers too) choose to not show re-branded hearing aids in their list of hearing aids. Here’s a LINK to an older example of that.

But after you correctly setup your hearing aid programming device and hearing aids, then you can use the Detect feature (or in this case for Phonak Target, the Connect feature) and it will magically find the re-branded hearing aid.

1 Like

Hello, I also am self programming my KS 9’s. I have the software and have successfully programmed them several times, but would like to ask you guys for some tips:

Loud sounds are extremely distorted, as if the amp is cutting off/saturating.

The sounds did not seem to distort so much when programmed by the Costco Audiologist (however there were other issues, which is why I’m trying self-programming).

I have the UltraPower (UP) receivers, since my loss is around 80 - 90 db in the high frequencies.

I set the software to “linear” and turned off all the high frequency protect.

Q: When I start fresh, it asks me for client experience level. Would my selection have any effect on loudness “limiting” ?

I imagine there are a million questions that I will need to answer to clarify :slight_smile:

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could you post your audiogram, as even if you up to 90bB in just the higher frequencies, I’d think UP would be ok, but power receiver could be suitable as well, really need to see the complete audiogram.

Yep could be, MPO or just the settings for loud sounds need to be adjusted, post a screenshot so we can see what’s going on.

Why? Linear is very analogue sounding, maybe you should be using non linear.

Yes absolutely, set your level correctly on this, if you choose first time user it’s gonna be way under what an experienced user would want.

1 Like