Searching for fitting software

Do you know how much does the NOAHlink of Phonak costs ?

noahlink is not maf. from phonak
GN otometrics manf both Noahlink and Hi pro

Juergen,
The link to the Siemens Connexx software is broken. Do you have a working link ?

I’m looking for the Siemens Manufactures Instrument Database for Connexx 6.2. Anyone ?:confused:

I did a google for Connexx 6.2

http://software.informer.com/getfree-siemens-connexx-6-install/

@roberthamden

At software informer is says :

We don’t have a download link yet, but you can find it using Google. If you know the download link, you can submit it to share it with other users.

I found the software finally at :

http://www.hearing-am.com/_brand/am-hearing/01-b2b/03-fitting-software/fitting-software.jsp

However still looking for the Siemens database …

Which version do I use? What is the password to download the software?
I have a Hi-Pro. Do I need to call them to get the password?

Thanks!
Bill

“I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, and then it hit me.”

i tried this long time ago
and it does not work

I downloaded the Connexx 6.2 software and installed it on my Desktop PC.
However, without any HA supplier database the software is useless.
So, is there someone who has a copy of the Siemens HA database for Connexx 6.2 :confused:

Re: ADRO vs WDRC.

Which is better depends on the type of loss. If the patient has lots of recruitment (which almost always accompanies severe/profound losses) the ADRO is just too slow to handle the job. WDRC can implement a fast slope downward in just a few milliseconds. ADRO must slowly drop the level. (Read the Dynamic Corp. technical bulletin)

Yes ADRO aids have some kind of MPO but at high peaky levels they distort.

ADRO is great for mild/moderate uncomplicated losses. But, the aids do not have the flexibility to fit all types of losses as the WDRC can. Ed

I have tested Siemens Pure Oticon Connect and America Hears aids.
Did not like the Siemens. The AH aids are nice and would work for me BUT :slight_smile: there seems to be something lacking compared to Vigo Connect(and other top end models I’d guess).

LOL, what is lacking is the outrageous price! :smiley:

not to my ears:D

hello everyone.

I’m new to the forum. just received my widex mind 440 aid.

i have uni-laterial hearing loss and have been to my audiologist about 8 times since i received my aid. they are for small adjustments and i tell her exactly what i want her to change and by how much (i have an audio and electronics background so i am sure this makes me super picky).

to make matters worse i work out of the country. my work environment has lots of background noise and i don’t know how the aid will work in this environment. i except that i will need more adjustments. (i’ll be out of the country for 4 or more months once i return to work).

big long background there.

i have the widex compass software. i assume it’s the full version. the only way i can get it to run is to run in simulation in which case it says “compass demo”. i’d hate to buy anything and it not work…

this leads me to my question.

where can i buy cables? i asked my audiologist and she has no interest in providing support for me to program my own. should i find another audiologist?

will the hi-pro work? is there any disadvantage to it over the NOAHlink?

i see lots of hi-pros for sell on ebay. i’ve only seen a NOAHlink once and didn’t think i wanted it at the time.

anyway. hello everyone. awesome forum :slight_smile:

Where to get cables keeps changing for me.

HiPro’s with USB work OK with USB equipped PC’s. The NoahLink uses a USB BlueTooth interface and is much faster. Both do the job but the NoahLink costs a lot more.

Besides the speed difference the NoahLink is battery powered and the patient can move around without tethering wires. For low cost self programming the USB HiPro is perfectly adequate.

I am not sure but I think some of the very early model serial HiPro’s will not work with the some of the latest model aids. Ed

At this time I program the Naida V SP aids with the serial Hi Pro. Maybe others can too.

Ed, where did you hear that?
There are 2 different designs of serial hi-pros?

I have no experience with Widex but I have ordered other cables fromHere. The link doesn’t go directly to the cables; in the light blue box click on Programming Equipment , then click on picture with Hearing aid Programming Cables.They don’t stock them, they have to be ordered so it takes a couple of weeks to get them. Very honest seller with good (abit slow) communication.
I have a USB HiPro, it’s very small and plenty fast; just a matter of a few seconds to send changes to HA’s.
If your going to be out of country, especially if it were someplace like the Middle East, you will need the capability to self program. Best of luck.

Urban myth, based on actual observations. :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of the very early serial Hi-Pro’s desperately need firmware updates. Many fitting software can do that, but not automatically. You have to click yourself through the menus.