Searching for fitting software

What does the govt. have to do with helping or hindering us from obtaining the manufacturer’s fitting software??? I don’t get it.

if you haven’t found Aventa 3 yet, you can download it here www . gnresound. com. au/ professionals/ ResoundFitting/ fitting-downloads. aspx

Anyone knows where to find siemens and starkey fitting software?

Thanks SiR hC :wink:

Siemens CONNEXX software please?

1 Like

Still looking…

Can anybody help with Connexx V6.4 please?
I need to tweak my miniTek setting.
Many thanks

I need the link too. I have searched extensively on Google and none of the links have it that I have found. Need it for a Centra S.

I need a programming software for my Oticon Delta’s … anyone know where I can find one?

Maybe Oticon Genie? Don’t need to be a new version …

I only need to adjust the values, don’t need any other features,
Thanks

I will send you an email. Though I don’t know if Genie handles the Deltas?

Oh, I guess it does handle Deltas. They are listed in Family.

Looking for TrueFit software for the new Unitrons, if it’s available legally. I have the needed hardware.

Hmm … clearly respect for software copyright isn’t a strong point around here.

I’m not sure that this forum should become a mall or mart for illegal software trading.

(Before jumping on me please read up on copyright law first. Just because you WANT something does NOT automatically make it legal to acquire - even if easy to do. No amount of rationalisation changes the law. Leave that for your defence plea to the judge and jury.)

if the major players/brands are monitoring this forum as some think… I would be careful who I was sending illegal copies of software to. particularly if you are charging for it. anyone who thinks they are anonymous on the internet are only fooling themselves.

Oticon Genie 2012.1 is now available on the US site at

Oticonusa.com/help

Tell me where in the heck do you two Bobbies see evidence of this illegal activity that you are describing? Huh? Show me where you see that someone is sending copies of software (legal or illegal)? Show me where you see someone selling software?

Maybe I have missed something? Though, I think not. A more likely scenario is that you never let facts get in the way of your imagination.

And while we are on this subject, show me a document that states it’s illegal for a customer to use the fitting software. The License Agreement for fitting software typically says: IMPORTANT: Please be aware that the original software is copyright protected and as a consequence it is illegal to customize, repackage or reverse engineer the original software. We have no intention to customize, repackage or reverse engineer the original software.

Oh, I think I understand now. You are posting these untrue comments so that customers will be scared into paying thousands in overhead costs to an Audi for providing access to fitting software. Is that your purpose for posting this nonsense?

2 Likes

To cdarney: I not sure if this is still true. But when we publicly post the source of a resource then that resource has a habit of disappearing. I suggest posting only that it’s available and then let ppl email you for the source.

RE Genie 2012 - during setup I would un-check the box for Genie Updater which runs silently in the background and checks for updates.

Acknowledged.

Will do so in the future.

EnglishDispenser was just offering a friendly reminder since it’s easy to run afoul of copyright law without intending to do anything illegal; no need to get all bent out of shape over it!

It’s generally illegal to make and distribute copies of ANY copyrighted material without the explicit permission of the copyright holder. As an example, if I were to record television shows and give them away to my “friends” online I would be breaking the law (even though the material was “free” to begin with and I was giving it away for free) UNLESS I had permission from whoever owned the rights to the show. If I went further and started selling copies of the shows for $5 each (to cover my costs to produce and ship the copies) you can bet I’d be getting legal threats awfully quick!

Just because hearing aid manufacturers choose not to charge money for their software doesn’t mean they don’t retain the rights to control how it is distributed and that you legally need their permission BEFORE you go around making copies for other people. I’m also pretty sure most would object to anybody selling copies of their software, even if it were at a low price that “just covered shipping.”

I’m personally sympathetic to tech savvy users who want to play around with hearing aid software. I think I’d probably want to do it too it if I were in your shoes. With that said, I won’t personally provide copies of software (wouldn’t want to risk the potential legal trouble that might bring) or provide any technical support on how to use the software (pushing the “autofit” button is easy, but properly adjusting from there does require a fair amount of specialized knowledge to be done optimally).

Oh, I think I understand now. You are posting these untrue comments so that customers will be scared into paying thousands in overhead costs to an Audi for providing access to fitting software. Is that your purpose for posting this nonsense?

I have spent years working on software intellectual property including working with legal teams across the world on the topic too.

And your IP experience is what exactly?

There is no emotion in the legal situation involving use of software.

As mentioned in prior posts just saying or wanting to have legal rights to software doesn’t make it so.