Searching for fitting software

DrEd
I believe that my continuing education is more targeted and intense than yours, and, my attention to the patient’s needs (my wife’s and mine) are far superior to yours.

btw> Some us us can distinguish between cheap products and top-of-the-line products that can be purchased without expensive markups.

If you click on the links in my signature line below you will see quality products that can be had in the $1000 to $1800 per pair range.

@DrED(iot) -

I know my ears better than anyone else on the planet. I know that the majority of the small adjustments made to my HA can take me 2-5 days to test and discover. For me to have to go back and forth to my AUD and get charged for fitting would be equal parts expensive and annoying. I have extremely high respect for my AUD and even she agrees that while she may technically know alot about fitting and the equipment it is utimately in my hands as to if it helps me hear, feel and interact with my daily environment.

Dr Ed

Once apon a time (1977), most hearing loss people (those over 60yrs) were born before 1917. They were totally unfamiliar with electronics and computers were in those days monsters made by IBM. There were virtually no consumer protection laws or local consumer protection Agencies. Using the then many scamers preying on these people as a reason, some hearing professionals succeeded in geting the FDA (Not the FTC) to classify hearing Aids as Medical Devices.

This allowed local state lobbies to promolgate restrictive laws restricting sales to only those licensed by the states. (Circumvents Restraint of Trade provisions of the USA Constitution).

Prior to 1977 most professional medical organizations considered sale of aids (merchandise) by pro Audiologists as UNETHICAL.

Today more and more HOH are familiar with electronic devices and are computer literate. And the technology has vastly changed. Self programming is practical for most types of loss. (Think outside the box of the present designs).

There is no medical or technical reason for aids not to be sold over-the-counter in drug stores and by the mass merchants. Aids would then cost $100 to maybe $500 or so.
But those with serious losses would still be better off with a pro exam. Just my opinion…

Ed (not Dr Ed)

You are so wrong. The hearing impared can make adjustments to their own aids. Study the America Hears model and their success. In my opinion they have some of the best audiologists around. They assist clients in the programming of their own aids on a daily basis. My mom has been using their aids for over 6 years and I do the programming with assistance from America Hears audiologists. The owner and cheif aid designer at America Hears is hearing impared and understands the struggles of getting aids adjusted correctly in the current manufacturer-fitter-client sales model. He started his model of manufacturing,sales,fitting and self-programming to improve the experience for aid users. America Hears manufacturers aids at their plant and develops their aid adjusting software at their corporate headquarters. They fit and adjust aids at their brick and morter location as well as supplying aids over the internet.

My mom and I went to two of the best audiologist in town to see if they had aids they sell and program which would improve my mom’s hearing over her current America Hears aids programmed by me. At the end of the day, after trying at least 5 brands custom programmed by the audiologists, they did not have aids which improved her hearing over her America Hears aids.

Fitting Binaurally was consider unethical once upon a time… Men times have changed

Has anyone ever come across the Bernafon software??

@Matthew - No Bernafon Software, but I was curious why you need it. Since your current and wish-list both does not have Bernafon.

If I desperately need Bernafon software - I’ll start visiting all nearby Costo’s and befriend the Audi there. Maybe he can let you copy or loan you something for an hour. Just a thought…
And it should be legal - since the HA and programming hardware/cables cost money. Companies do distribute software for free.

(I am not a legal expert, tread at your own risk):slight_smile:

Yes… That’s my wish list… However, I’d like to go Scuba diving in Bora Bora and 100 other islands as well! (another wish list).

The reality I’m trying to prepare for is that I may not be able to spend $4k plus and may have to settle for Costco…

In either case. I’d like to see the software and hearing aids from a number of manufacturers so my decision is fact based and not just because that’s what someone is offering to me. I’d like to be able to choose the aids based on performancese I’ve read about as well as trials I’ve undertaken. May be best (clarity) aid win…

Enjoy…

Have you not yet checked out http://www.americahears.com/ or http://www.hearsource.com/, etc? Download the adjusting software and try it.

someone got Inspire 2010.2 for fitting starkey?
i cant find the download section

http://www.starkeypro.com/public/products/software/fitting_software.jsp

What’s even more impressive is that he wears America Hears RIC aids. I met him about a month ago when I brought my aids in for service. On the way out, I stopped in his office for a little chat. Nice guy.

But Ed I am looking for a pair of exelia arts used, for under $1000. I am hoping after phinak comes out with a new latest. Can you help?

I just found this thread this morning, so have not read every post in it. But so far I have seen no reference to Siemens Connexxfit, which I bought for $350. It includes all Bluetooth hardware and the Connexx 6.4.2 software needed to program Siemens x01 series aids. Mine are Pure 501 RIC and I have programmed these HA with this setup. You also don’t have to pay Audiologist prices for Siemens aids, as I bought mine on ebay from bidbybid including the Tek remote, Charger/Dryer and a whole host of other items for $2600 total (now $2800). That made my Pure 501’s about $1025 each, not the over $5000 price at the audi office for just the two aids.

Hi XBoulder,

What is the link to download Unitron software. I wouldn’t know where to look for that.

See this post. Click HERE

Oh, and this link for Unifit (but you probably want Ufit), Click HERE

Oh a while back someone claimed to know where to download U:Fit.
Click HEREand look at the post that follows…

Hi All
I am looking for the aventa3 software, it seems that the link one page one doesn’t work, does anyone know where I can download resounds software, or buy it from somewhere online

Gotta say this site is awesome for Knowledge and Help, keep it up everyone

You can’t buy it. It’s free. But not distributed to the general public. Try asking the vendor where you get hardware (hearing aids, Hi-Pros, cables, boots. etc). Asking here never hurts. Someone who has 3.0 (I don’t) may send you an email.

ETA… Thanks for deleting the post with a link to where to download software and asking specific questions about how to accomplish the download.

wait for a helpful email, and then edit your post (or delete it) so as not to ask such a specific question. We have a problem with disappearing resources when they get discussed in a public forum. :slight_smile:

When govt. gets involved, then you will see some really serious problems with prices. Have you ever seen a govt. institution get involved with business and then the prices drop permanently? I didnt think so.