Roger Select Battery Replacement

Hi guys, I have a Roger Select that won’t hold charge. How hard is it to replace the battery, and what battery type is used? Has anyone tried it?

I have replaced the battery in several Selects : 503030 battery .
You have to UN-solder and re-solder the wire with the plug on it, need a small torx driver and sharp eyes and a steady hand.

2 Likes

Do I really need to solder/unsolder or can use the plugin that is already existing with the battery wires? I have never done anything with soldering.

If the plug is the same, then you can just connect it.
But I have not seen any with the correct plug.
Post a picture of the new plug.

I refer t the battery end of wires, they sometimes have a plug. Haven’t opened Select yet

Is it the same as my picture above ?

I found this:

You will have to change the Plug … cut and splice the wires if you would rather

Will I still need soldering? What is inside the roger, can I plug in the wires or have to solder them?

I would definitely rather use a plugin than solder wires in the Select, iF it is possible.

@GrayGhost Is it easy to open the select?
Thx

I think it’s similar to opening a mobile, you need these tools that mobile technicians use. My opinion, not sure. Something like this, maybe?

1 Like

use a pin or some other small tool to remove the rubber plus over the screws… then a T4 to remove the 3 screws … then I use my thumb nail to smap the two part apart .

2 Likes

Where can you see the screws? There are no screws on the outer surfaces

@GrayGhost Out of curiosity, are these steps applies to the Roger ON as well?

there are 3 plugs to remove over the screws … one in just outside of the pairing buttons

The ON has 6 plugs and screws on the back

1 Like

@GrayGhost Thank you

But how do you open it?

After you remove the 6 screws … work you fingernail between the top and bottom and slid it along and around the bottom end and it will come apart

1 Like

I really struggle to see 1, let alone 6 screws. There are 3 rubber covers, is that where the screws are?