Roger On V2

I know that there will be two way audio when connected to a computer. I talked with Phonak on LinkedIn, and they also have teaser videos out on it.

1 Like

Phonak is running a contest giving away Roger mics. Search for #mybestfriendroger

Link to Phonak Roger v2 site
Roger On

WH

1 Like

Interesting that you have to have a Roger mic to participate. Guess it could be an older version like a Pen.

I wondered the same thing. I have a friend has the Roger On and loves it.

How is an 80 year old guy who does not have one and does not do Instagram stand a chance. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I thought that, too. Excited for new technology, but probably won’t be able to see it until the new contracts with the VA next fall.

WH

Talked about the new “headset mode” here:

1 Like

@Kado

Does not using the docking station with the laptop also work?

That’s what I currently use. Audio cable and charing cable into laptop with docking station and I can hear on Teams.

I can’t work out what difference there’ll be?

Just found this -

Are there any sound processor differences between Roger On In vs Roger On In V2? I know V2 will do more with Zoom and you can connect multiple mic’s, but I’m not overly interested in either of those features. I can find the older version for $200-300 less, but if the V2 will clear out more background noise it would be worth it. Phonak Paradise Audeo P90-R hearing aids, so I want the In version.

Only difference is the online meetings which really isn’t that new as you’ve been able to connect any Roger to a laptop and use on Teams/Zoom, just by using the docking station.

The “old” version of Roger On can be updated with the same firmware as the V2 comes with (v2.0.47502). I would guess that the “old” version then will perform exactly as V2 does, except it won’t have the headset mode.

Don’t need the dock. I just directly connect it to my work laptop or even my Chromebook. Windows and ChromeOS recognize it as Roger On and stream audio. I just it just for the audio as well at Teams/Zoom, and I use a separate podcast-style condenser microphone or the mic built into my webcam for my voice.

I even plug into into my tablet’s USB-C when traveling, as Roger’s protocol uses far less battery than Bluetooth classic.

1 Like

It’s more so to keep the battery going for the whole day when on Teams for the whole day.

When I don’t have to worry about battery dying, I do as you do, just connect directly.

I am now using Phonak Nathos SP + Compilot air 2. when I want to connect to my cellphone, I set it so that all the background is gone (mic oFF ) and if the zoom just associates with BLUETOOT ?

so, what is sepcial TRogers On 2 ?

I don’t really think anything is special.

I now connect direct with Bluetooth to my laptop as I have Phonak Paradise.

Think Phonak wasted their money, personally. Altho it’s my own opinion only.

I get that, but plugged into the USB-C (or A) on my laptop, while laptop is powered, my Roger On recharges even while actively streaming. Assuming I have a quality USB-C cable that has both power and data pins, that is.

Have you tried it?

Phonak have been clever and do stuff to their wires.

The micro USB to headphone cable for Roger Select/Pen, no one has been able to get one to work apart from ones that come from Phonak.

Every day. Right now as I type, it’s streaming Spotify off my Chromebook. I move it over to the work laptop for Zoom/Teams meetings. Discovered this works purely by accident months ago when I wanted to quickly recharge, and it suddenly started streaming over the Roger connected to USB (and charging icon animating) instead of the 3.5mm plugged speakers I’d had connected.

Do yo have the V2.0 or the original Roger On?

Something like this could be used instead of the ON dock … but it is not necessary to connect to a computer, just plug in to a usb port and stream.
But it could be used to connect to the TV .

The original. Plugged in with a USB C to A via a cheap hub, fully charged now, streaming a meeting I’ve mostly tuned out of right now. Another one of those USB plugs is to a HyperX microphone.

1 Like